Monero XMR

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,085 of 1085

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtravel View Post
    Thanks heysoundude

The ignition module looks a lot like the one from global supply chain/parts bin :https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...stomer/gm-dis/
    I will have to check out the wiring schematics to see how the coil packs are controlled.

That would be great if I did not have to buy an after market module, Aaron commented on how he set up his Subaru with two coil packs the original one and an after market coil pack.

I need to get my head around how the same spark plug fires positive then negative plasma within 720 degrees, can you or some shed some light how that works on wasted spark with a ignition modules.

Thanks
    Didn't you watch my Wasted Spark plasma presentation? I answer those questions.

In the coil packs, they are not autotransformer coils - the primary and secondary are isolated. When the secondary fires, to complete the circuit, forward positive emf moves from one coil terminal to the plug, over gap and to get back, it goes from the HEAD (ground negative) TOWARD the center electrode of the spark plug and back to the opposite terminal. That is how the plugs fire at the same time. One fires when it needs to ignite the mixture and the opposite fires when it is not needed and is therefore "wasted."

It is not a plug that fires positive and then negative - each plug maintains whatever polarity it is firing at. My presentation showed how I use 2 coils packs to get the SAME polarity on all 4 plugs - would be the same for 6 on a 6 cylinder engine.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

@Realtravel please reference the attached diagram
    720 degrees divided by 6 cyl is 120 degree dwell time. put that into the earlier ignition calculator link with a 14.1V voltage (what should be coming off your alternator to charge the battery) to get an idea of the voltages involved...60kV split between 2 spark gaps. laser guide that energy event to as close to TDC on the compression/power stroke as possible, and you're going to be squeezing every bit of power from your gasoline.
    As energy is always looking for the shortest path to ground, consider that the air-fuel charge in the cylinder as part of that path...and in a waste spark ignition, some of the energy to ground will jump the 2nd gap.
    We need to put a diode from the +ve of each primary to the +ve of each secondary for each coil for the Murakami event, right? (plasma is plasma; Aaron's method shortens it's duration for more accurate targeting, right? laser beam vs hand grenade) But the polarity of the secondary changes/reverses in a waste spark ignition, so we need a diode on each return lead from each spark plug. Why? To save/protect the computer/switching source from the 30kV or higher spike that would be coming back at it when the induced magnetic field collapses (causing the plasma event). We'd also need to put something in the primary circuit (like a dual pole relay, or maybe a transistor that directs the energy to ground) that disconnects it from the computer completely.

EDIT: another (better?) option might be to use a FET with it's gate controlled by the car's ignition signal: the secondary's voltage passes back to the primary until the car's computer triggers the gate to close, like it does with factory ignition by removing the 12V at the primary. pretty sure that would cause a Murakami plasma event too. easier to implement as well...and the time delay would be to our benefit as far as TDC...hmmmm:

https://youtu.be/wNiXUZIHQLw
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by heysoundude; 04-14-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks heysoundude
    Great explanation, it makes a bit more sense, I tried to open your attachment but could not could you please resend it, also send a copy to realhealth7@y7mail.com.
    I watched the youtube link, I have a bit to learn, please keep me in the loop.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Realtravel View Post
    Thanks heysoundude
    Great explanation, it makes a bit more sense, I tried to open your attachment but could not could you please resend it, also send a copy to realhealth7@y7mail.com.
    I watched the youtube link, I have a bit to learn, please keep me in the loop.

Cheers
    Watch your inbox for a delivery.

I also have MUCH to learn when it comes to everything, especially electronics/electricity, and that's why I'm trying to keep the convo/experimentation moving forward. While condenser/points ignition is still in use, manufacturers have moved forward...
    heck, even waste spark is behind the times with Coil on Plug ignition. Can't wait for someone to attack that for Murakami plasma...

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    Watch your inbox for a delivery.

I also have MUCH to learn when it comes to everything, especially electronics/electricity, and that's why I'm trying to keep the convo/experimentation moving forward. While condenser/points ignition is still in use, manufacturers have moved forward...
    heck, even waste spark is behind the times with Coil on Plug ignition. Can't wait for someone to attack that for Murakami plasma...

Coil on plugs is already solved - a COP manufacturer can build them with the diodes in the potting compound to seal it up. Someone I know was having them made in China for a short time. I doubt he'll give up his source but it has been done. That's exactly what I need for my 2006 XT Outback.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller