Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 99 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2019 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

I use a MSD 8222 High Vibration Blaster Coil with mine and it works great! It has only .7 ohms resistance. Here's the link. https://www.jegs.com/i/MSD-Ignition/121/8222/10002/-1
    Gary Hammond,

Pertronix claims you need a 3.0 ohm coil for 4 cylinders or less. Place I bought it from said the same thing but there not using it for what we’re doing either. I also have a Pertronix Ignitor I magnetic pickup sensor also. I ran the coil and sensor and it’s working fine. Next step is to hook up msd street fire and diode up. Again my main concern would be either to much resistance and not achieving plasma or burning something up.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Pertronix claims you need a 3.0 ohm coil for 4 cylinders or less. Place I bought it from said the same thing but there not using it for what we’re doing either. I also have a Pertronix Ignitor I magnetic pickup sensor also. I ran the coil and sensor and it’s working fine. Next step is to hook up msd street fire and diode up. Again my main concern would be either to much resistance and not achieving plasma or burning something up.

The most common coil I have used is the Flame Thrower III https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B002Q363XM

3 ohms itself should be an issue. I can make the plasma with a few hundred ohms in the line. However, the coil you have I do not believe is suitable for capacitive discharge but the Flame Thrower III is. See the specs below:

Pertronix Flame Thrower III coils are an ultra low resistance (0.32 ohms) 45,000-volt coil. Thet were engineered to charge to peak current typically 30-70% faster the other coils. This means maximum spark energy is sustained to higher engine RPM. Flame Thrower III coils are compatible with both the Ignitor II and Ignitor III electronics. They are available in both chrome and black finish for that "stock look".
    Pertronix Flame-Thrower III Coils Features: 45,000 volts

Ultra Low 0.32 primary resistance
    Compatible with Ignitor II and III systems as well as most capacitive discharge boxes.

Charges to peak current typically 30-70% faster than other coils.
    Rapid charge time means maximum spark energy is sustained to higher engine RPM
    Legal in all 50 states and Canada. (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-10)

If your budget allows it, this coil is a BEAST: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B0006302P4

That's what I got for my high voltage N machine experiments. I had it on my Datsun pickup for a while, but I didn't want $200 sitting there looking pretty so I put a Flame Thrower III on it. As a side note, this MSD coil would be incredible for Tesla experiments, getting it into resonance would shoot some serious fire.

It only has 0.016 ohms on the primary!!!

Brand MSD
    Color Red
    Emission Code 3
    Inductance .250 mH
    Maximum Voltage 45,000 Volts
    Peak Current 2 Amps
    Primary Resistance .016 OHMs
    Product Type Coil
    Secondary Resistance 30 OHMs
    Spark duration 150 uS
    Turns Ratio 70:1
    Type Drag Race / Long Duration Use
    Weight 3.75 lbs.
    Part Number 8261
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Thanks Aaron and Gary, I already picked up a Flamethrower III now so I should be in good shape. On another note how well have the diodes (Prhv2a-20) you’ve been using holding up? I bought a few extras just incase of problems.

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Aaron and Gary, I already picked up a Flamethrower III now so I should be in good shape. On another note how well have the diodes (Prhv2a-20) you’ve been using holding up? I bought a few extras just incase of problems.
    Personally, I've never blown one of those diodes up and they are rock solid.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

The only time I had one fail was when I accidentally forgot to hook up the ground lead to the spark plug threaded end on my test rig. It caused large arcs between the coil tower and coil primary connection.

Never had one fail on the actual engine installation.
    Gary Hammond,