Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 106 of 114 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1132

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    Aaron, During my tenure at Honeywell I worked for an 'Ignitor' Project, and we custom made these HEI Spark coil, it was a CDI type of Ignition system and we had these miniature coils hand made with heavy insulation using a material (don't recollect the name) like teflon. including the wire jacket made of the same material.Rgds, Faraday88.
    kapton, perhaps? it's used for wiring harnesses in aviation applications.

  2. #1052
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi All,

    I just finished a replication of Aaron's 555 timer circuit driving a street-fire MSD module thru a MSD Blaster coil. Here's a video of it installed over a fogger unit while I was demonstrating it to my son and grandson (and exposing them to dangerous radiation - LOL ).

    The video starts out with a surface gap plug installed without fog and then with fog. Next comes a regular plug with conventional gap. It runs both with and without fog added. Then a little propane gas is added (both with the fog and without the fog), and finally I show my plasma lighter.

    We all lived thru the experiment and my son Bob took the video.

    I now have this plasma ignition unit installed on my 3550 watt gen set. I don't need the 555 timer for this as I am triggering with a hall switch next to the original flywheel magnet. Here's some photos of the set up. The last photo is a close up of the surface gap plug I'm using.

    DSC06471.jpg

    DSC06472.jpg

    DSC06473.jpg

    DSC06476.jpg
    Gary Hammond,

  3. #1053
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,398
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    kapton, perhaps? it's used for wiring harnesses in aviation applications.
    Been looking for Kapton wire myself for another projects, specifically 23 AWG coated with Kapton CR (corona resistant). Double build is preferrable over single build, but triple or quadruple is even better if it doesn't cost a fortune. Need a 10 # roll if you or anyone else knows where to get any.

    All the wire manufacturers and major distributors are really flaky - never respond to quote requests.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1054
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Been looking for Kapton wire myself for another projects, specifically 23 AWG coated with Kapton CR (corona resistant). Double build is preferrable over single build, but triple or quadruple is even better if it doesn't cost a fortune. Need a 10 # roll if you or anyone else knows where to get any. All the wire manufacturers and major distributors are really flaky - never respond to quote requests.
    Can't help with kapton wire, but if you scroll to the bottom of the link for the description, you'll likely get a bit closer to answers:https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...dlwire.phpwith a mil-spec code, you should be able to find wire that meets or possibly exceeds your requirements, for less than aviation prices. ($500 is what is said to be found in the seat cushions of small aircraft, and a cappuccino machine for a Gulfstream is $10 grand)

  5. #1055
    Hello.
    Bringing up the subject from page 104 regarding problems with arching between the diodes. I now - think - I have found the issue. I tried to install the entire system on a more or less stock engine and fired it up. Made some low to mid rpm pulls with maximum load and cylinder pressure. Here nothing happens exept from a crispier throttle response and a hairwith better power. My hunch is now back to the 20KV diodes being on overload with a high comnpression engine. A simple math with Bmep versus average ignition power requirements suggests the same, but Im not sure it is that simple a calculation.
    However, I searced a little, and it looks like it is possible to get some 40 KV 3 amp diodes/rectifiers like these http://www.setecelectron.com/product...p?selectId=649 Do you guys think that will be worth a try or am I on my way out on a tangent?

    Best regards
    Torben

  6. #1056
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,398
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alstrup View Post
    Hello.
    Bringing up the subject from page 104 regarding problems with arching between the diodes. I now - think - I have found the issue. I tried to install the entire system on a more or less stock engine and fired it up. Made some low to mid rpm pulls with maximum load and cylinder pressure. Here nothing happens exept from a crispier throttle response and a hairwith better power. My hunch is now back to the 20KV diodes being on overload with a high comnpression engine. A simple math with Bmep versus average ignition power requirements suggests the same, but Im not sure it is that simple a calculation.
    However, I searced a little, and it looks like it is possible to get some 40 KV 3 amp diodes/rectifiers like these http://www.setecelectron.com/product...p?selectId=649 Do you guys think that will be worth a try or am I on my way out on a tangent?

    Best regards
    Torben
    Those diodes are good - used to use the CL2 series diodes a lot in the past - even back when they were $25 a piece! I'd search ebay for 3amp hv diodes to see more options.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by krisskool View Post
    Hi,I have a subaru too (waste spark) and I have tried the sparkamp x40 High Performance Ignition Systems > Ignition Kitsbut at this time I didn't retarded ignition timing so the change was not as it could have beenI am curious about the method for retarding ignition timing, maybe efie (cts, maf, o2, ???)
    Close: MAP sensor adjustment. EFIE is what adjusts the signal from o2 sensors back into normal range after better combustion makes for higher oxygen content in exhaust, and would've helped with mileage.Truthfully, you need both for a proper, full optimization, because an ECU is programmed to work very hard (and given ridiculous tools to aid itself) to hit 14.7:1

  8. #1058
    Quote Originally Posted by jodyaustin View Post
    Aaron or any other forum membersA couple of questions:I came across a sparkplug by Pulstar (Pulstar :: The world's best, most powerful sparkplug.) that has a capacitor built into the plug. Could this be used in addition to a capacitor on the coil circuit....ie...CDI circuit? My caddy has two Ignition Coil Packs (with separate coils for each plug)....I don't think I will be able to use your Plasma circuit because of this, and am wondering if these capacitor spark plugs would still be usable to increase the strength of the spark (similar to your approach in Chapt 3 of your book....just has capacitor built into plug).Also, my perception is that the plasma effect cannot be obtained with resistor plugs....am I correct that if resistor plugs and plug wires are removed, it will screw up the radio/electronics that are emf sensitive?Because my caddy uses coil packs and Street Fire said they don't make a CDI unit for my car, I am doubtful as to whether plasma effect can be achieved using your methods. Would I be gaining ground if I can figure out a way to put a large capacitor and diode string in the circuit for each coil in the coil pack (in place of a CDI unit)? If so, what size capacitor would be recommended? If I used this approach, would the Pulstar capacitor spark plugs coupled with the in circuit capacitor increase the spark/plasma at the plug tip, or would they interfere with each other? Any thoughts or suggestions if this "plan B" approach is used on newer vehicles?Jody
    Plan B is what needs to be worked on, because it's getting tougher to find cars with carburetors and Distributors.You're on the right path with realizing each of your Caddy's coil packs are a primary AND secondary with terminals to two cylinders. The first trick is to determine how to apply the diode, the second is to shorten that energy delivery to the primary (duty cycle/energy under the curve...) without burning it out.

  9. #1059
    Will a coil with a 3.0 ohm internal ballast work for plasma or does it have to much resistance? I am using a Pertronix Flame Thrower1 with Granatelli wires.
    Last edited by RB176; 03-13-2019 at 12:24 PM.

  10. #1060
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,398
    Blog Entries
    1

    coil

    Quote Originally Posted by RB176 View Post
    Will a coil with a 3.0 ohm internal ballast work for plasma or does it have to much resistance? I am using a Pertronix Flame Thrower1 with Granatelli wires.
    Can you post a link to your coin on Pertronix's own website?
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •