Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1153

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Not sure what you mean by coil wire that goes to the cap.

    The only thing that does make sense as far as how to hook up your system is in the diagram I posted.

    You said it wouldn't even run that way, which means that Nology doesn't know what hv polarity their coil actually outputs. If they did and the HV output is actually positive, then the diagram I posted showing the diode direction would be correct and it would work.

    I would recommend doing the diode test that Gary explained. You have to know if those diodes are good or not.
    Ryan at Nology answered back that it is positive.
    I've done all of those tests and retests and none of it works.
    OK, listen up guys, here it is again - it doesn't matter about the diodes at all! IT DOESN'T RUN WHEN JUST THE DIODE JUMPER WIRES ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPARK PLUG WIRES WITH NOTHING ELSE CONNECTED TO THE ENDS! They just stop in the air, connected to nothing on the other end, not to a diode, not to a capacitor but to nothing! And it will not run??????

    Could the original output of the Toyota coil be negative? Could that be the problem? That it was originally negative and we are changing it to a positive output?
    What if I go back to the original coil in the distributor, ditch the external Nology coil and connect my MSD unit to the internal distributor coil, not the Nology coil? Could that maybe work with everything?

  2. #1022
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rokan View Post
    Ryan at Nology answered back that it is positive.
    I've done all of those tests and retests and none of it works.
    OK, listen up guys, here it is again - it doesn't matter about the diodes at all! IT DOESN'T RUN WHEN JUST THE DIODE JUMPER WIRES ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPARK PLUG WIRES WITH NOTHING ELSE CONNECTED TO THE ENDS! They just stop in the air, connected to nothing on the other end, not to a diode, not to a capacitor but to nothing! And it will not run??????

    Could the original output of the Toyota coil be negative? Could that be the problem? That it was originally negative and we are changing it to a positive output?
    What if I go back to the original coil in the distributor, ditch the external Nology coil and connect my MSD unit to the internal distributor coil, not the Nology coil? Could that maybe work with everything?
    I answered you once or twice in regards to your "anomaly". I already understand what you're saying about that and do not know the exact reason for it.

    Regardless of what causes that, the diodes have to be connected EXACTLY how I drew it on the diagram IF the hv output is positive.

    The Toyota coil hv output is probably negative, but that would not have anything to do with the igniter or how it runs. The igniter is just a trigger and is independent of the hv output polarity.

    You can try the stock coil in the distributor, but I have no idea what it will do.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by rokan View Post
    Ryan at Nology answered back that it is positive.
    I've done all of those tests and retests and none of it works.
    OK, listen up guys, here it is again - it doesn't matter about the diodes at all! IT DOESN'T RUN WHEN JUST THE DIODE JUMPER WIRES ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPARK PLUG WIRES WITH NOTHING ELSE CONNECTED TO THE ENDS! They just stop in the air, connected to nothing on the other end, not to a diode, not to a capacitor but to nothing! And it will not run??????

    Could the original output of the Toyota coil be negative? Could that be the problem? That it was originally negative and we are changing it to a positive output?
    What if I go back to the original coil in the distributor, ditch the external Nology coil and connect my MSD unit to the internal distributor coil, not the Nology coil? Could that maybe work with everything?
    Possibly, maybe. But why are you so tied to the MSD? back to basics means making that go away too, THEN you can figure out the diode situation. I'm talking about returning the car to stock because you know it runs that way, and that means going back to unmodified spark plug wires as well rather than your modified ones, and starting again from there. In doing so, you may come across the issue that's causing all the problems.

    Yeah, frustrating. But rather than assuming "well it worked on the XXX, so I'll do it that way again," you have to sort out exactly how the ignition works on this truck before you can apply the mods.
    That distributor, for instance, with the coil internal to it, is unique. Aaron seems to be cautioning you about plasma discharge internal to the distributor, and that makes good sense to me. Once you've learned and understand the ignition well enough to explain it to the experts here, then the experts will be able to step in and help apply the plasma mod correctly, so you don't damage the car.

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    Possibly, maybe. But why are you so tied to the MSD? back to basics means making that go away too, THEN you can figure out the diode situation. I'm talking about returning the car to stock because you know it runs that way, and that means going back to unmodified spark plug wires as well rather than your modified ones, and starting again from there. In doing so, you may come across the issue that's causing all the problems.

    Yeah, frustrating. But rather than assuming "well it worked on the XXX, so I'll do it that way again," you have to sort out exactly how the ignition works on this truck before you can apply the mods.
    That distributor, for instance, with the coil internal to it, is unique. Aaron seems to be cautioning you about plasma discharge internal to the distributor, and that makes good sense to me. Once you've learned and understand the ignition well enough to explain it to the experts here, then the experts will be able to step in and help apply the plasma mod correctly, so you don't damage the car.
    Ok, here's what baffles me? My distributor has 1 lobe that passes by the magnetic pickup, it doesn't have 4 lobes, one for each cylinder, as I would have thought?? Soooo, how does know when to fire each of the next three cylinders after it passes by that one lobe? Plus, I can't advance or retard the timing, the distributor only bolts into one position with no slots to advance or retard with so it must be entirely controlled by the computer somehow??

  5. #1025
    Hi Rokan,

    Quote Originally Posted by rokan View Post
    Ok, here's what baffles me? My distributor has 1 lobe that passes by the magnetic pickup, it doesn't have 4 lobes, one for each cylinder, as I would have thought?? Soooo, how does know when to fire each of the next three cylinders after it passes by that one lobe? Plus, I can't advance or retard the timing, the distributor only bolts into one position with no slots to advance or retard with so it must be entirely controlled by the computer somehow??
    Refer back to the schematic I placed in post # 980. It shows a crankshaft position sensor input to the computer. This tells it when to fire at each 180 degree interval, and the distributor pickup tells it which time is for cylinder # 1. ............ They work together to let the computer know when to fire. The timing advance/retard is controlled by the input from other sensors such as knock sensor, EGR valve position sensor, throttle position sensor, and others.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 09-28-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    Gary Hammond,

  6. #1026
    @rokan - Reverse engineering proprietary systems can be challenging, but if you're looking to modify a working system, you have to understand all the variables in that system that are taken into account, and HOW they're regarded.
    think GI Joe - knowing is half the battle, and the roadmap to knowledge (and a solution) is in Gary's post. after you have that mastered, then you'll be able to apply Aaron's mod...or know if it's easily possible on this machine.

  7. #1027
    Hey guys.
    Lots of good information here.
    However, I have another problem that I have not yet found the solution to. - When using the Murakami set up with MSD or Mallory Hyfire CDI´s, Pertronix 1,6 ohm coil and 20 KV - 2 amp capacitors, 1 on each string, MSD Super conductor wires and 0,080" plug gap, I experienced arching between the terminals on the diodes or to chassis unless the diuodes are at least 3" apart and ditto away from the chassis. I I place them wide apart the system works very well. This is on a high compression 2,2 liter engine. Apart from some extra power it becomes really smooth and the lower rpm torque increase below the power curve is noticeably. (No dyno comparison yet, because the engine twisted the transmission. I need to replace that first) When i close the gap to 0,060" the issue seems to become less, but is still there.
    Am i possibly asking too much of this way of doing it?

    Thanks.
    Torben

  8. #1028
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alstrup View Post
    Hey guys.
    Lots of good information here.
    However, I have another problem that I have not yet found the solution to. - When using the Murakami set up with MSD or Mallory Hyfire CDI´s, Pertronix 1,6 ohm coil and 20 KV - 2 amp capacitors, 1 on each string, MSD Super conductor wires and 0,080" plug gap, I experienced arching between the terminals on the diodes or to chassis unless the diuodes are at least 3" apart and ditto away from the chassis. I I place them wide apart the system works very well. This is on a high compression 2,2 liter engine. Apart from some extra power it becomes really smooth and the lower rpm torque increase below the power curve is noticeably. (No dyno comparison yet, because the engine twisted the transmission. I need to replace that first) When i close the gap to 0,060" the issue seems to become less, but is still there.
    Am i possibly asking too much of this way of doing it?

    Thanks.
    Torben
    Hi Torben,

    You mention 20kv - amp capacitors - do you mean diodes?

    You can see on the left, I have 4 diodes almost right next to each other and no arcing to anywhere. That was temporary to test the system but I will put that into a plastic box and mount it on the fenderwall or firewall. https://www.youtube.com/embed/bqNVH6LM4W0?start=2029 - there should only be the capacitor voltage at those diodes as the HV on the plug is blocked by the diode so there should be no arcing.

    On the video, you have to hit play and it will take you to the proper slide, then pause.

    I'd recommend putting all 4 diodes into a plastic project box.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1029
    Hello.
    Sorry.
    I use the same type, diodes, only a smaller version like these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20000V-20KV...RzDC:rk:3:pf:0
    Maybe that´s the problem (?)
    Torben

  10. #1030
    Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alstrup View Post
    Hello.
    Sorry.
    I use the same type, diodes, only a smaller version like these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20000V-20KV...RzDC:rk:3:pf:0
    Maybe that´s the problem (?)
    Torben
    Those look like the same ones. They should work fine.
    Aaron Murakami





    You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •