* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1025

Thread: Plasma Ignition | Plasma Jet Ignition

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Rokan,

Did you try the suggestions I listed in post 992 with additional capacitors and a Faraday shield to see if RFI is the problem?
    Not yet, been sick

Quote Originally Posted by rokan View Post
    Originally with everything stock I tried the multiple capacitors to boost spark connected to the spark plug wire T which connects to the top of the plug and the other end going to ground and it barely ran with those?? Seems that when I connect anything to the spark plug wire to go to the top of the plug it just screws the whole sparking system up and starts mis-firing???
    yeah, that's not what I asked.
    I keep going back in my head to the video of Peter Lindemann at a conference demonstrating how by simply by adding a diode, the dynamic of how the circuit performs is altered rather dramatically, making the plasma event rather spectacular in comparison.
    There was no T-cable, no MSD box...power on, power off & spark, repeat; Simple and elegant.
    Have you stripped your ignition down to the basics to replicate that?

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heysoundude View Post
    I keep going back in my head to the video of Peter Lindemann at a conference demonstrating how by simply by adding a diode, the dynamic of how the circuit performs is altered rather dramatically, making the plasma event rather spectacular in comparison.
    There was no T-cable, no MSD box...power on, power off & spark, repeat; Simple and elegant.
    That is my original innovation on the plasma jet ignitions. However, that is best for bench tests as the HV output goes to a single spark gap.

In a car, if you do that, the the capacitor must discharge through the connection to the distributor and then through a cable to the plug - it can work, but the cables have to be near 0 ohms or it dissipates all that potential.

It's also more bulletproof to have a dedicated diode to each plug.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Not sure what you mean about stripping it down to the basics any farther than what has already been done?
    The capacitor system of connections works great on my 1995 Honda Accord but kills the ignition on my 1996 Tacoma pickup. Like Aaron mentioned earlier, there must be some kind of problem with the igniter circuit in this pickup? I'll bet if I swapped everything over to my Honda (MSD, coil and diodes) that it would work like a charm on the Honda! So something is completely different in the ignition wiring on the pickup that isn't obvious for this type of conversion??

Not sure what you mean about stripping it down to the basics any farther than what has already been done?
    The capacitor system of connections works great on my 1995 Honda Accord but kills the ignition on my 1996 Tacoma pickup. Like Aaron mentioned earlier, there must be some kind of problem with the igniter circuit in this pickup? I'll bet if I swapped everything over to my Honda (MSD, coil and diodes) that it would work like a charm on the Honda! So something is completely different in the ignition wiring on the pickup that isn't obvious for this type of conversion??
    Bingo! That's what needs sorting out so you can apply the mod appropriately, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    That is my original innovation on the plasma jet ignitions. However, that is best for bench tests as the HV output goes to a single spark gap.

In a car, if you do that, the the capacitor must discharge through the connection to the distributor and then through a cable to the plug - it can work, but the cables have to be near 0 ohms or it dissipates all that potential.

It's also more bulletproof to have a dedicated diode to each plug.
    Of course bulletproof and reliable/repeatable are best, Aaron, but rokan is trying to get it to WORK first. Right now all that's been happening is throwing darts over shoulders hoping to hit a bullseye - rokan's not even sure if the dartboard is hung in the traditional manner. The design can be modified to suit the application, based on the specifics of the application...which nobody has for this vehicle at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Of course bulletproof and reliable/repeatable are best, Aaron, but rokan is trying to get it to WORK first. Right now all that's been happening is throwing darts over shoulders hoping to hit a bullseye - rokan's not even sure if the dartboard is hung in the traditional manner. The design can be modified to suit the application, based on the specifics of the application...which nobody has for this vehicle at the moment.
    If you do it with a diode from + of coil directly to the top of the HV output, then you will cause a plasma discharge between the hv and each plug connection in the distributor cap as well as the plug.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

If you do it with a diode from + of coil directly to the top of the HV output, then you will cause a plasma discharge between the hv and each plug connection in the distributor cap as well as the plug.
    Are you saying I should try 1 diode from the coil positive to the coil wire that goes to the cap?

Blog Entries
    Are you saying I should try 1 diode from the coil positive to the coil wire that goes to the cap?
    Not sure what you mean by coil wire that goes to the cap.

The only thing that does make sense as far as how to hook up your system is in the diagram I posted.

You said it wouldn't even run that way, which means that Nology doesn't know what hv polarity their coil actually outputs. If they did and the HV output is actually positive, then the diagram I posted showing the diode direction would be correct and it would work.

I would recommend doing the diode test that Gary explained. You have to know if those diodes are good or not.
    Aaron Murakami

Not sure what you mean by coil wire that goes to the cap.

The only thing that does make sense as far as how to hook up your system is in the diagram I posted.

You said it wouldn't even run that way, which means that Nology doesn't know what hv polarity their coil actually outputs. If they did and the HV output is actually positive, then the diagram I posted showing the diode direction would be correct and it would work.

I would recommend doing the diode test that Gary explained. You have to know if those diodes are good or not.
    Ryan at Nology answered back that it is positive.
    I've done all of those tests and retests and none of it works.
    OK, listen up guys, here it is again - it doesn't matter about the diodes at all! IT DOESN'T RUN WHEN JUST THE DIODE JUMPER WIRES ARE CONNECTED TO THE SPARK PLUG WIRES WITH NOTHING ELSE CONNECTED TO THE ENDS! They just stop in the air, connected to nothing on the other end, not to a diode, not to a capacitor but to nothing! And it will not run??????

Could the original output of the Toyota coil be negative? Could that be the problem? That it was originally negative and we are changing it to a positive output?
    What if I go back to the original coil in the distributor, ditch the external Nology coil and connect my MSD unit to the internal distributor coil, not the Nology coil? Could that maybe work with everything?