Ss ssg 9v battery stomp box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ss ssg 9v battery stomp box

No I haven't built one yet! The idea popped into my head today and I thought to share.

Guitar pedals are a microcosm of the audio world and a lot of them run on a 9v battery. This to me seems like a good starting point.
    Super efficient Guitar pedal that doesn't need a power supply, I'm in.
    Similar perhaps to Shawnee Baughman's science project but this time with a mini amp circuit as load instead of a light bulb, and SS SSG to charge the 9V, instead of the vanilla SG she used..?
    I would imagine that some serious thought to shielding would be in order if the 2 were to exist in the same box.

Any thoughts People?

Ahmad

shawnees motor did run down..... it just took longer than it was supposed to.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thank you for the reply Tom.
      If I'm getting this correct. The vanilla SG circuit is capable of running a primary load (the wheel) and a secondary load (light bulb from gen coil) from a 9v battery, longer than that same 9v battery would otherwise have been able to run the 2 loads?
      I appreciate that a small audio amplifier circuit is i guess another kind of load than a wheel and a light bulb , but can the same theory be applied? Or am I over simplifying this ?

Ahmad

Comment

the output of the SG is pulsed DC you still need a primary and a secondary battery. there were some devices in the 80's that had a run/ recharge mode. the ron brandt device was such a device. it could run a load and then recharge itself, this is a modified tesla switch. that is what you are looking for. the Sg wont do what you want in its current configuration.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Tom. I have some reading to do on the tesla switch. I get the impression this is a different beast to the SG.
          Cheers for giving me a new direction to investigate.

Ahmad

Comment

Have a look at the Matt Jones guide. google

Comment

Working...
            X