Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to build a motor like the Bedini SG (FR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to build a motor like the Bedini SG (FR)

Hi ! I'm french, sorry if i have a bad language... if some of you speak french, it will help me a lot !
    I will start building a motor like the Bedini SG with this guide (in french):
    Mode d
    It's not said that it's a Bedini SG, what is the difference
    I have some question:
    -how the magnet size change something? On the Wikistrike guide, it's said that the magnet must be 50mmx25mmx10mm (1.97"x0.98"x0.39"), is it very important?
    -how the coil size change something?
    -do I need to remove the matter on the welding rod?
    -can we put a dynamo or something like that as axle to produce more electricity?
    thanks in advance,
    Robinouz

Originally posted by robinouz View Post
    Hi ! I'm french, sorry if i have a bad language... if some of you speak french, it will help me a lot !
    I will start building a motor like the Bedini SG with this guide (in french):
    Mode d
    It's not said that it's a Bedini SG, what is the difference
    I have some question:
    -how the magnet size change something? On the Wikistrike guide, it's said that the magnet must be 50mmx25mmx10mm (1.97"x0.98"x0.39"), is it very important?
    -how the coil size change something?
    -do I need to remove the matter on the welding rod?
    -can we put a dynamo or something like that as axle to produce more electricity?
    thanks in advance,
    Robinouz
    Hi Robinouz,

The 50mmx25mmx10mm magnet is a good size. Make sure it is FERRITE (sometimes called ceramic) about the size of a domino.

The coil is very important to get right. There are many different specifications for different models. For your first build it is suggested to use enameled magnet wire no larger than 0.9mm for the POWER and one or two gauges smaller for the TRIGGER. 400 to 800 turns bifilar (both wires at once, same length for each). Final choice of wire gauge is sometimes limited, so let us know what you can get in your area.

If you have the r60 welding rod or equivalent, no matter needs to be removed. You can cut and bundle them together as they are.

You can attach a SMALL load to the axle, but at this stage it is more important to study just the energizer (motor) without any other attachments.

I have some French in the family, perhaps I can offer some translation services somewhat later.

Regards

Ren

Comment

Thank you for these answer.

For the wires, i get one of 0,71mm and one of 0,4mm.
      For the magnet, i found some website who sell ferrite magnets but not the right size... Is 40mmx20mmx10mm a good size ?

Robinouz

Comment

And where can I purchase a NE-2 neon bulbe? I found some here:

Conrad - Votre boutique en ligne pour le multimédia, l
        Luciole néon LN615
        LAMPE 85V 1.8 mA LUCIOLE NEON 6x16 mm N76135 - -
        AMP LUCIOLE 65V NEON 3MM - Elecdif.com

I have no idea of what I need :/

Comment

Robinouz,

The N76135 and the LN615 would work. Or get a cheap electricity tester from your local "bricolage" shop. They have "lucioles" inside. Just remove the resistors attached to them.
          Sperry ET204A Electrical Tester
          MAPLE Bugs Encyclopaedia - GB Electrical GET-213A Voltage Tester
          Martin B
          P.S.: Les "neon bulbs" recommandées sont de 60 volts. Pas bleu mais transparent. Et 6mm par 16mm.

Comment

Look here: 5 Neon Ne-2 Bulbs Used with Bedini Monopole Energizers.
            It seems to be exactly what I need

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi there, i'm actually using random 95v - 110v rated neon bulb from some random shop which has no specific model number. running for about a month, no problem!!

Comment

Since the neon is only intended for protection of the transistor IF the charging battery is removed it is not essential for the working of the circuit. It will work fine without the neon, just dont remove the charge battery/capacitor while the circuit is running.

Regards

Comment

Ok, thank you a lot !

Regards

Robinouz

Comment

Salut,
                    Tu en es où dans ta réplique?

Comment

Originally posted by herearii View Post
                      Salut,
                      Tu en es où dans ta réplique?
                      Google translation:
                      Hi,You're in that in your reply?

herearii, not sure if the translation worked. What are you asking?

In French: herearii, pas sûr que la traduction a travaillé. Que demandez-vous?

John K.

Comment

Hi John K.
                        Don't worry, I'm French . I just try to help robinouz, but I have forgotten to tag him...

Herearii

Comment

Working...
                        X