Non-Resistor spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Resistor spark plugs

Just put in non-resistor NGK v-grooves into my car. Moving towards putting on the plasma but by that time, will need to have some tungsten modified plugs to withstand it.

The plugs that were in the 98 Legacy GT with EJ25 engine were over 5k ohms - new plugs are less than 1 ohm so big difference. The plasma will only work with low resistance plugs anyway.

I ordered non-resistor custom made plug cables and I should have them in a week hopefully and the spark difference will be quite a bit compared to just doing the plugs and still having high resistance cables.

Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Any update?
    It's been over 6 months...

Comment

you can make you own resistorless HV cables, you can buy the cable for use with lawnmowers, i got mine from ebay for a few pound a meter and i re used the old cable ends which was quite difficult at first.
      made quite a difference with power, i made plugs too but it messed up the ECU so i had to go back to resistors, you could try reducing the resistor to a low value or running EM shielding i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
        you can make you own resistorless HV cables, you can buy the cable for use with lawnmowers, i got mine from ebay for a few pound a meter and i re used the old cable ends which was quite difficult at first.
        made quite a difference with power, i made plugs too but it messed up the ECU so i had to go back to resistors, you could try reducing the resistor to a low value or running EM shielding i suppose.
        That sounds like a good idea.

If you do want to filter any noise, you can put those ferrite barrel rings like what you put on HDMI cables, etc... that is what Gratanelli does on their cables to eliminate rf interference.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

ah i might try putting them back in then do you know if they need to be looped round a few times or just clipping to each lead ?, i was going to use a cdi and a diode string too as per your design i believe
          i have seen the proof of concept with a relay,
          not sure what switching to use, i was worried about the transistor giving up and my car breaking down, what do you recommend? mosfet or bipolar transistor, scr even? and does it need to be switched both sides?
          if i am doing this i will be running a pond fogger and or a water drip on the hot manifold going into the intake .

have you seen the video on joe who makes the joe cell talking about wasted spark in the exhaust stroke creating a negative pressure? he says something about triggering the explosion with a negative spark and an implosion with a positive one, could be easy to test with a generator or similar see if there is any truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmotherwhale View Post
            ah i might try putting them back in then do you know if they need to be looped round a few times or just clipping to each lead ?, i was going to use a cdi and a diode string too as per your design i believe
            i have seen the proof of concept with a relay,
            not sure what switching to use, i was worried about the transistor giving up and my car breaking down, what do you recommend? mosfet or bipolar transistor, scr even? and does it need to be switched both sides?
            if i am doing this i will be running a pond fogger and or a water drip on the hot manifold going into the intake .

have you seen the video on joe who makes the joe cell talking about wasted spark in the exhaust stroke creating a negative pressure? he says something about triggering the explosion with a negative spark and an implosion with a positive one, could be easy to test with a generator or similar see if there is any truth to it.
            https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p.../US7185622.pdf
            Item #42 in patent - ferrite ring.

You can try those snap on ones like http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B007Q94CZM and use a radio to see if it does eliminate the noise. Their patent doesn't show it looped.

The relay definitely works for bench testing just to see the effect. If you have an off the shelf CDI, the switch is already built in - you just have to get the trigger wire to connect to ground. That should be all automatic if you have the CDI hooked to your car per the manufacturers instructions. It will just trigger when it is supposed to.

Not saying the Joe cell doesn't work but so many of the explanations are really woo woo. Also, there seems to be a 100% failure rate at anyone other than him running a car on a Joe cell.
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thanks i have a few of those around,

My car does not have a cdi, it uses a bipolar transistor connected to a single coil in the distributor, i was going to re design the whole thing from the coil trigger from the ecu.

Comment

Try NGK Non-Resistor 7333 Spark Plug, Ive been using this spark plug for quite sometime now and my car always run like new. I tried so many non resistor spark plugs but this one works perfectly fine for me like a charm.
                Buy ferris parts and accessories at Power Mowers Sales.

Comment

Working...
                X