What's the best cap dump circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compairtor with reset point adjust

this is my comparator circuit with reset point adjust.....

it is reverse input on the opamp from what JB's comparator circuit is...... this allows the Hysteresis reset point adjust to work correctly........

the MAX931 is a very Low power comparator, and can be used in less than 12V circuits, like SG oscillators run from a Crystal battery to charge the capture cap...

as always, the values may need to be tweaked for your system.....
    i have a couple of versions of this circuit running with small differences between them.....

for 12 V systems or less, will NOT Work in 24V battery charge systems

JB has not approved this circuit, so i will take it down if he does not approve of it.........

PS: Ignore the lines coming off of the top of C2, an the line off the output of the comparator, and going off page to the left.......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RS_; 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Mikey,

4uA supply current, but will pull what ever mA that it takes to drive the H11D1 LED when triggered...... http://www.maximintegrated.com/datas...ex.mvp/id/1219

"Hysteresis reset point adjust" lets you adjust the reset point so that the discharge stops where you want it, for example, 2V over the charging battery V when fully charged.....
      so that it will self adjust to being 2V over the charging battery V, on a run down battery......

Went through inventory and pricing hell for 5 mo..... Have lost all focus, and have not done a damn thing on Bedini or Aquaponics projects since the fire...... as all the important Bedini projects and equipment, and my PVC inventory, tools, etc... were destroyed......
      waiting on insurance to finalize......... so i can rebuild and replace tools and other things
      Last edited by RS_; 10-06-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X