Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best cap dump circuit?

What's the best cap dump circuit?

Hello all, i'm building my 2nd SG, and i want to add the cap dump, and i saw there are many versions of it out there, but i read someone that said that we should stick with John B.'s solution... any of you know if this is the one he's talking about? is it the most updated one? cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2172V0w_Q

Carlos

I think a concept animation by MAllen7424

Hi Carlos

Nope this is not the JB (CPD), I don't know of/haven’t seen anyone that built this successfully, this was I think a concept animation by MAllen7424, (and seems to be a self charger iow charging the primary and the secondary at the same time) his site with very interesting info:-

Free Energy?-- Fact or Fiction? -Animations by MAllen7424

(at the bottom of the page some where)

The Gurus on the SSG (here) might give you more info on this

Theunis
    Last edited by Prinsloo; 02-14-2013 at 04:57 AM.
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !
    JUST THINK ABOUT IT . . .

Hi Carlos & all,

working this w.e. on my bedini sg it was necessary to solder another cap dump. I found the very simple schematic in the good old Bedini/Bearden book with
    a SCR and neon, but i needed to lower the voltage. So i had a simple idea and i soldered some LEDs in series and parallel to the neon - It works very good.

Here is the schematic, if you're intrested in a quick and easy solution.Thyristor-LED-Cap_dump.jpg

have fun

Dieter

hobbyrobotic, thanks for the reply! ill sure try this... what about the switching mechanism? do you use a timing wheel?

carlos

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyrobotik View Post
    Hi Carlos & all,

working this w.e. on my bedini sg it was necessary to solder another cap dump. I found the very simple schematic in the good old Bedini/Bearden book with
    a SCR and neon, but i needed to lower the voltage. So i had a simple idea and i soldered some LEDs in series and parallel to the neon - It works very good.

Here is the schematic, if you're intrested in a quick and easy solution.Thyristor-LED-Cap_dump.jpg

have fun

Dieter
    Hi Carlos

Referring to the circuit that "hobbyrobotik" posted above, the cap get step charged from the HV spike from the SSG via a bridge rectifier that will raise the voltage on the cap, until the breakdown voltage of the neon is reached ( 90v) which in turn will fire the SCR and bump the cap's charge into the battery on the right. Your cap need to be rated 150 v for a safety margin.

Does this make sense to you?

Theunis
    Last edited by Prinsloo; 02-22-2013 at 06:28 AM.
    Hey !
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE PORTION OF SOLAR ENERGY THAT WAS ALLOCATED TO YOU TODAY? !

Three Cap Dumps

Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi Carlos

Referring to the circuit that "hobbyrobotik" posted above, the cap get step charged from the HV spike from the SSG via a bridge rectifier that will raise the voltage on the cap, until the breakdown voltage of the neon is reached ( 90v) which in turn will fire the SCR and bump the cap's charge into the battery on the right. Your cap need to be rated 150 v for a safety margin.

Theunis
    These three cap dumps can be modified for different uses.

Enjoy,

Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Carlos

Theunis
    yes it does! thank you very much for your help. cheers
    carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Chase View Post
    These three cap dumps can be modified for different uses.

Enjoy,

Ron
    thanks ron, wow, looks like ther's lots of ways to do this, what has been your experience working with these setups?

carlos

Hi Theunis, Carlos and all

thanks for your explanation, but its not complete. the LEDs with 3V each lowers the discharge Voltage to your own desires. The
    neon is only for protection if one on the LEDs will die. So if you want to dump pulses with a 30V pulse, take 6 LEDs (18V) because
    you have the battery in series in the circuit (18V + 12V = 30V) Thats it !

Dieter

Hi Carlos

Theunis

neon in place as a safety precaution

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyrobotik View Post
    Hi Theunis, Carlos and all

thanks for your explanation, but its not complete. the LEDs with 3V each lowers the discharge Voltage to your own desires. The
    neon is only for protection if one on the LEDs will die. So if you want to dump pulses with a 30V pulse, take 6 LEDs (18V) because
    you have the battery in series in the circuit (18V + 12V = 30V) Thats it !

Dieter
    Thanks hobbyrobotik for further explanation, (I did not want to steal your thunder on this one ),

one then should be able to use a Zener diode as well?

Good idea to keep the neon in place as a safety precaution.

Theunis
    Hey !