Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems charging batteries

Hi all,

I found I have problems charging my batteries so that they start charging very fast as I see in JB videos but after a while they stop charging and battery voltage stops and get stabilized or goes up very slowly.

I have a one coil machine 11 strands 10 transistors connected to a cap 400v 300 microfarads that is dumped every second into the battery.

My batteries are deep cycle batteries 105 amps/hour and I’m sure they are not sulfated, I always take care about that.

Have you got any idea what is happening with my batteries? Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Arturo

Hi Arturo,

It is normal for batteries to first see the voltage rise and then stabilize and after that rise slowly, then towards full charge the voltage will rise faster until charged completely and voltage stabilizes.
    With your setup, it may take a few days to fully charge that 105Ah battery.
    Can you tell a bit more about your battery setup? One battery connected to the output or more? What voltage does the cap reach before it is dumped to the secondary battery?

Floris

Comment

Hi Floris,

Perhaps you are right and is the normal behavior, the battery is very big, but I think there is something strange as the battery rise very fast for a long period and after that, the "wall". The cap is dumping at about sixty volts, and only one battery connected. The setup is normal ssg with the cap connected to the diodes output...

Comment

Somewhere I've heard that if you charge with negative energy then you could have problems charging a battery with positive energy , Have you heard about it?

Comment

Have you ever done any COP tests with this battery and setup? This way you are able to tell how well your system is performing.

At what voltage do you see the wall you are describing?

You could also try dumping at a low voltage of around 30 volts. Or perhaps try a larger cap.

If you give that battery some time to rest, say a couple of days, does that then change the behavior?

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Have you ever done any COP tests with this battery and setup? This way you are able to tell how well your system is performing.

At what voltage do you see the wall you are describing?

You could also try dumping at a low voltage of around 30 volts. Or perhaps try a larger cap.

If you give that battery some time to rest, say a couple of days, does that then change the behavior?

good luck.

Hi Floris,

I've changed the cap for a larger one that is dumping at about 14 volts. Now the wheel goes faster and the machine is working in the one pulse range. I see the charging battery is increasing there seems the problem has gone.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X