First Run Data. COP 23.7244

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lis,

1.Did you measure the Primary Draw Amps and Charge Input Amps by connecting two ammeters in series with charging battery and primary battery?

You can use the DMM or ammeters in series! but i did mine with a 1ohm resistor (measure Voltage drop across the resistor) and then used the Ohms law to do a calculation to find out the current draw

2. Is the Charge Term. Voltage meaning the charging battery voltage when the SSG just completed the runnng? In the "instruction" what is meaning of "Charge to 14.5V or the voltage recommended by battery manufacturer."

yea it means that voltage reading that you observe just before you disconnect it from the energizer for rest. you dont necessarily need to stop it at 14.5! you can go slightly higher or lower, whichever voltage you want! the 14.5V is only for recommendation! i see some of the other guys charge to only 13.5 or somethin.

3. Your resting time are differet for all the 20 runs. So your measurements of End Resting Voltage are not consistent.

Yes my resting voltage are different but the difference are not very significant (haha! i went outdoor totally forgetting abt taking the reading)

4. How did you discharge your battery? What resistance you are using? How to calculate the discharging time if you use C20 discharge rate?

I was using the normal car battery charger that i get from my dollar shop, but please do remember to give it also 1hr rest in between discharge and charging! as for the C20, it you can take your Battery's capacity Amp Hours to multiply by 0.8 such that at a C20 rate, your battery will only discharge to 20% after 20 hours. (to prevent irreversible effects on the batter). Thus for example, your battery is 7Ah,
    so just take 7*0.8=5.6Ah
    Then 5.6/20hours=0.28A to be discharged per hour
    then using ohms law as the battery is 12V

12/0.28A=42.86Ohms <---- get a resistor of this value! of cuz cant be exact due to manufacturing limitation, HAHA!

5.Did you measure Load Term. Voltage by measure the voltage across the resistor when the battery was discharging?

Yes, all the term voltages are based on while the charging and discharging are taking place!

6.Your battery resting time for discharging for all the 20 runs were different also, is there any problem?

It may be due to duration problem as i am not always at my testing bay, so the charging and discharging sometimes are not uniform( there was once i went out forgetting that i was discharging, i over discharged to i think 11.5V or something) yea, its more on human error, however the 20 runs are supposed to be use for reviving damaged batteries and to observe the improvement and its holding charge performance.There are supposed to have changes as stated that the battery when charged this way will increase its capacity and charge faster over significant amount of cycles. The difference in hours of the resting hours with respect to the voltage recovered is not very significant unless if you let it rest for an extra 5 hours!
    What my purpose of this experiment is to see if this energizer could really be churning out more than what I've input.

I recommend using a higher capacity battery as the primary battery.

Hope that i had answered your doubts! (i hope that my answers are accurate! anyone can correct if i'm wrong!)

Sorry for the super late reply, i was busy with my school stuff

Regards
    Fox
    Last edited by PublicAffair; 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Dear Fox

Thanks for your reply. I understand we are busy with our routine work & study and we just do it as our hobby.
      I am building my machine now and want to discuss with you somethinb. So far, what is the maximum COP you can achieve? Did you compare the COP by using the conventional charger? I think it is very useful comparsion if SSG can give higher COP than conventional charger.

Regards

Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa,

I'm getting a battery COP of average 5.42 from 10 cycles of 7Ah and System COP of 2.58 . There are higher ones for smaller capacity battery. Battery COP of 8.67 and System COP of 3.86 for a 3.3Ah battery.

i believe using a conventional charger will result in a COP of lesser than one as it is directly charged by current (energy loss due to heat etc, with no energy input from the environment), whereas the SSG does not charge the battery directly as its main source! it uses minimal amount of current to create an environment such that the radiant energy (external source from the environment) charges the battery.

COP is defined as your output vs the amount of energy input by the operator. unlesss your SSG is not built according to John Bedini's beginner's guide, you should be getting at least 0.9++ or even more than 1 or much more than 1! you can scroll thru the pages in the beginner's section to see results by the others! All (at least those i saw) are averaged to a COP above 1. a system can also be COP = infinity such as solar chargers! other than the energy used to manufacture the panels and move the panels to the sun's direction, the operator does not need to input any amount of energy during the charging.

Using a big primary battery is highly recommended!

my coil is at 45m, longer than recommended. haha! but i do get good results

Just go ahead and build it! i understand that there are a lot of uncertainties but dont worry, there are a lot of helpful and kind friends around!

edit: oh i just read your other post, i believe if possible, dont place your magnets too close to each other as it may interfere with each other's magnetic field. i got surprised with the 24 magnets too, but i still stuck to the 3" distance per magnet (center to center). My magnets are just approximately equidistant from each other. i am using 19 pieces of magnets. Also, i'm using 50x20x10mm ferrite. where are you from anyway?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Main.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	45455 (haha! the fan blade is totally useless!)

Cheers
        Fox
        Last edited by PublicAffair; 04-03-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hi, Fox

Nice to make friend with you. It is amasing that you can achieve so high COP. I am from Singapore and trying to build one SSG now.

I remembered someone said in this forum that the number of magnets should be even number and two batteries have to be identical. May I know what is your two batteries' capacity? What is your rim's outside diameter?

Most of my components including coil (130feet, 20AWG and 23AWG) are the same as that stated in the beginner's handbook. However I cannot find MJL21194-G transistor here. May I know what transistor you are using? I am still searching it. If I cannot find, maybe I will use 2N3055 as recmmended by some other people.

I will compare the COP with conventional charger for my SSG

Regards

Lisa
          Last edited by lis_wang; 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
            Hi, Fox

Nice to make friend with you. It is amasing that you can achieve so high COP. I am from Singapore and trying to build one SSG now.

I remembered someone said in this forum that the number of magnets should be even number and two batteries have to be identical. May I know what is your two batteries' capacity? What is your rim's outside diameter?

Most of my components including coil (130feet, 20AWG and 23AWG) are the same as that stated in the beginner's handbook. However I cannot find MJL21194-G transistor here. May I know what transistor you are using? I am still searching it. If I cannot find, maybe I will use 2N3055 as recmmended by some other people.

I will compare the COP with conventional charger for my SSG

Regards

Lisa
            you can get matched transistors here: Transistors let me know if you need anything else I can put together a parts kit for you.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hi Lisa,

My rim's OD is 23", probably with even number then you will have a more stable rotor (well balanced)? equal and opposite weights around the rim.

My primary battery is 26Ah and the secondary is 7Ah. I believe the bigger the batteries for both the better COP! I haven got my budget to get another 26Ah (or even 2x40Ah). but is maybe planning so after my papers

You can try to use same batteries but the battery capacity should be big enough such that the current draw is small relative to its capacity! (e.g 2x40Ah or even bigger!)

i'm also using MJL21194! i spent about SGD500 on my SSG (excluding the equipments) my wheels and frame woods are all recycled material. The wire i bought was very expensive. I made my own spool too!

Nice!! I'm also from Singapore no wonder you also get 50x20x10mm ferrites (liftons?) HAHA!! you can actually get the all the materials locally in the shops too or also from Tom C to save the hassle of fishing around! i bought all my materials from local shops!

Just a question: where did you get your wire?

Cheers
              Fox
              Last edited by PublicAffair; 04-04-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Where to get MJL21194? My coil is from Tom C

Comment

Hi, Fox

I have sent a PM to you.

Comment

Originally posted by lis_wang View Post
                    Where to get MJL21194? My coil is from Tom C
                    Lisa, you can order matched MJL21194 from our web site: Transistors

Since you are in Singapore we will ship them from our office in Australia.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                      Lisa, you can order matched MJL21194 from our web site: Transistors

Since you are in Singapore we will ship them from our office in Australia.

John K.

Dear John

Thanks for your recommendation. I will sourcing locally first. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X