No announcement yet.

Off the grid with Bedini Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so add an oscillator circuit to this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkB2g7ai2bs

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

zigibee interface for controlling appliances Wireless Control of AC Devices with a PowerSwitch Tail | Digi XBee® Examples & Guides Tom C

Comment

Hi
        I'm confused about the TST III and TST 5
        Are those being sold already?
        All I can see is Trackers III on the websites.

Comment

they are tracker 5's being sold right now the 3's are no longer in production.

tom C

Comment

I can say this about the Tracker 5. They are not like the Tracker 3. I have both. The 3 is a very good unit but the 5....very,VERY ROBUST. I would easily recommend this new unit over any MPPT unit being sold. They are NOT CHEAP....and seeing that John B builds them himself one can see when it comes to what is on the inside is what matters and that I think means more than one might think when it comes to the purpose of this new unit. That is...REAL WORLD USAGE.

Apparently...atleast from what was posted we have yet to see the new unit in video as John B said he would do. Maybe in time he will post one and clear up any confusion concerning the new Tracker 5 and what it can do.

John H

Comment

ok I deleted the last post as it was incorrect.... it is a "linear amplifier" that is a better way to describe it, as JB has posted earlier. Mike it does not pulse until it reaches fully charged voltage then it pulses to maintain and desulphate. you cant regulate radiant it goes everywhere in the system. Tom C

Comment

hey mike you need more patience...... he might have a JOB..... or something that keeps him from checking his posts every 30 seconds.... the best description of the tracker and how it functions was John B's posts I dont have anything more I can add to it from the one I have.

Tom C

Comment

EASY THERE... It is Halloween and I am busy getting ready to take my little ones out.

Let me see..
                  1st) I have no video...anywhere...ok
                  2nd) I DO HAVE both the Tracker 3 and Tracker 5.
                  3rd) John has pretty much told you what you have in the Tracker 5.....read his posts.
                  4th) OH YES...it is a tad bit heavy.
                  5th) I am pushing 500AH bank at the moment...why?
                  6th) Amp pulses.....not measuring them. All I know is when the battery is charged......it works.
                  7th) I think...I may be wrong...perhaps the new units are built to OVERKILL standards. That is my view...mine alone,ok.
                  8th) It honestly does as Tom C and John B has said....the Tracker 5 that is. The Tracker 3 took abit longer to reach a full charge but then again it was just a smaller unit and I like many others thought LOWLIGHT meant moonlight which it does not do. Like John B said...the battery WANTS to see amps. How that is given to it is WHY this board,former yahoo groups,etc. were formed. John B did the research.....I trust him in that I have gotten a much better product for my money.

I really wish this would have taken place in the Bedini Solar thread I started.

John H

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey
                    Okay thanks Tom

So radiant is not part of the Tesla Tracker 5 got it. So this means there are no coils that make spikes in these systems.

Mikey
                    Mikey,

You don't need a coil to make "radiant". Yes, that is one way which is high voltage low current spikes.

Another way, is high current low voltage spikes - as in the abrupt discharge of a capacitor.

They are both radiant, but different forms of radiant. The common factor is the SPIKE.

John K.

Comment

So let me get this straight if what I think you are saying. When I abruptly discharge caps into batteries that is radiant also without the coils?

Mikey
                      Yes Mikey, this is all based on Tesla's IMPULSE technology. JB figured out how to do it from all his research over the last 40+ years.

Once you figure out that it is the SPIKE or IMPULSE that creates the "radiant", you just need to build whatever YOU need to get off-the grid.

Don't worry about the TST5 not being a pulse charger until the battery is charged. You can't run a Bedini SG off a pulse charger

John K.

Comment

Mikey,
                        Just a friendly suggestion to you. Break down and build a classic wheel at least once Bro. I have watched you over the last year or so and you are always talking about BIG WIRES , BIG AMPS, BIG CAPS. I honestly think you have missed some of the concepts by bypassing the traditional systems that most of us have learned with.

I was charging a battery today with 100ma on my input on my 4 transistor board. If you are really after "radiant" you need to understand that amps chase it away. It just seems with you that it is all about massive power and that is not really what these systems run on. I'm not sure if I am explaining it in a comprehensive manor but you do learn a great deal from trying to maximize on efficiency. There are many things that can not be observed until you limit your input really low and then learn to maximize the output.

I know you have your own things you work on but a wheel could teach you a lot. I have heard you make snive remarks, putting people down for "playing with magnets" and "spinning wheels" as if you know something that nobody else does.

Comment

Is there any advantage in having both hooked one behind the other?

I mean I like it just like it is but isn't that more than needed?

Granted the SG OSC has it's roll limiting current for very accurate control but do I need them onebehind the other for any reason?

It looks like I should use one or the other not both together.

I guess it depends on the way I set the timing on the cap bank right?

Because radiant get past the cap bank for a short period between flash bank pulses?

Mikey
                          Mikey, it all depends on your application as to how you configure the system. I can give you some examples but you won't "get it" until you have done all the experiments and thoroughly understand what are the pros and cons of each of the different types of radiant chargers and the best way to combine them.

For example, I can charge up a few AA rechargeable batteries from a solar cell from garden light that only puts out less than 0.5W on a cloudy day - with an SG oscillator. Or, I can use the same solar cell and the same little SG oscillator with a cap pulser and charge a 9V rechargeable battery.

I wrote a post some months ago on this forum (sorry, don't remember where it is) about how to size your system to your batteries and some of the ways you can use Tesla Impulse Technology to achieve what you want. The point being is that you need to design your system based on the energy you need.

John K.

Comment

Mike,

you are charging batteries, awesome!! but as Bob said, its about efficiency... can you tell us what your joules in VS. joules out are on your chargers? looking for cop here, sounds like you are 8 or 9 to 1 from the way you say things are charging. obviously you are restoring batteries, but its about more than that.

Tom C

Comment

Let me first say I do not have all of the answers but I want to try to help with the understanding of what the "radiant" is, how we capture it, and where we find it.

As John K has said it is in the spike but that is not the whole story and he is also correct in saying that you can produce it from low voltage, high voltage, low current, high current. I do not wish to contradict what John is saying but rather expand upon it.

The reason behind that is because the radiant event happens BEFORE any current flows. When you complete a circuit, any circuit, the radiant will appear JUST BEFORE the current flows. You may have varying degrees of inrush depending on the voltage potential on the circuit but just remember ANYTIME you connect a loop circuit that is when the energy appears.

Tom Bearden explains all of this very well with his lessons on Dipoles. It is for this reason that we are making and breaking the trigger signal, we are activating Dipoles. The quicker we can activate and deactivate the loop the better, we want to prevent current from moving as much as possible but we cannot eliminate it. That is the idea behind superpole magnet configurations. It offers a sharper pole to make and break the loop quicker. Now the same thing (radiant event) can and does happen on the cap dump because we are making and breaking a loop to the charge target. Again anytime we start current flowing there is a radiant event that happens just prior. The difference is that the cap has been filled with energy we have already harvested from the transistor Dipole events and we are distributing it to out target and trying to charge with converted energy via current, nonetheless because we are pulsing we are creating yet another Dipole radiant event. I personally have been trying to maximize on these secondary Dipoles and some of you have seen my posts about that with the 400V spikes.

Anyway I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here. I just wanted to offer my understanding about the heart of this technology, the Dipoles are EVERYTHING. You can come up with many ways to activate them but it is in understanding what they are and how to use them that we really zero in on the goal. If you do not think about the Dipole and just throw power into circuits you will basically be burning energy in the same manor as every other gizmo on the market.

Comment

yes all you have said is true, but the gound breaking technology we are replicating is harvesting dipoles. I can build a pulse charger with a rectifiier, 4 capacitors to get it into resonance and a lightbulb. I have to plug it into a wall but its a pulse charger using the top half of the A.C. wave and will charge up a bank up to 100 volts. the point is about harvesting dipoles like bob said. so we use joules in and joules out.

inexpensive watt meter http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Analyzer.html

CBA 4 for load cycling and auto shut off http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/w...FceDQgod-l0AGQ

several circuits for voltage shut off of the primary http://www.diy-electronic-projects.c...ith-Time-Delay

so the question is are you harvesting radiant or just charging batteries? keeping batteries happy is awesome, but not the focus of Bedini Tech.

Tom C

Comment

Working...
                                X