Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Off the grid with Bedini Tech

I too am looking forward to seeing the new Tracker 5 in action!
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Bedini View Post
    John K,
    The Tesla 5 can be made to pulse in the liner mode but requires a little different board I might have room to add the PWM and opto control for the Amplifier. You will lose a little power doing that but not much. Chuck and I are testing that right now. The nice thing about this unit it can be made to do 2 volt cells if ordered that way. This is a very high power unit at 2 volts. I think it is possible to put what ever voltage you want in the input up to 43 volts, we are testing that right now. Will try to get a break and post a video so you can see it run under load.
    John B

This is good stuff, I love it!

I reflect a lot on the modular concept of the TST 5 at the moment. I wonder, how smart the new charger is.

Can I so to say manage my energy needs with it?. I think about the input side: if I have fog the whole day (or the whole week) and I need the washing machine, can the TSt 5 recognize that and switch on the generator on the input side additonal to the panels? Or vice versa. Can the TST 5 recognize that I consume too much power for low light conditions and only allow the use of the most important group of power consumers, like lightning and Computer or a small refrigerator. If the light conditions gets better it additonal allows the big fridge and the washing machine to run? Is this possible?

I really like your work and what you have realized with this new concept!

Quote Originally Posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Irgreen,
    The Tesla 5 is a linear regulated amplifier it is made to push as much as you can get into the batteries, it does not make any difference on the size of your batteries as long as they are not starting batteries. I have used with great success the harbor fright panels to do just what your talking about. I said I would talk a little about these panels. "Amorphous Silicon Panels" broken into 15 watt panels. The problem with them is the very first panels did not have a blocking diode built in to them. People would get rid of the solar charger that came with the package and not check for back current flow and what this does is degrade the panel over night, the complaint was my panels do not put out the current any more, they were correct. The charger had the blocking diode in the charger box. The other problem was the charger cut off at 13.5 volts this left the batteries to sulphate, not good. The reason I use them is they are very good in low light condition. The group should study the way solar lights work as that would be an example of how off grid would work. In the beginning we here at Tesla Solar Charger did allot of work on developing pulse chargers and solar chargers. The main problem is the batteries must be kept in full charge condition and can not be sulphated if you expect to get any power out of them. The Tesla 5 is a Liner regulated Amplifier it is capable of running loads under charging conditions. This is not a Chinese charger and uses real Thermalloy Wakefield Heat Sinks with forced air cooling to keep the transistors at 70c, yes the fan is 4.5 inches. This is one of the best chargers built up to 350 amps at 12 volts if you can push it with the panels. At 24 Volts it can be built to do 150 amps. The devices are power amplifier devices running at DC and no pulse. The best thing about this charger is it will not interfere with inverters while charging it adjust to the load. It can be made in modules so any power is possible. This is not a cheap charger to make and must be hand built.
    It still works out to be less then a dollar a watt. You can also use a power supply with it if need be, we are testing a 3 Kw generator with it to see what it can do. The circuit is very dependable and will push the batteries where they need to be. The nice thing is running 24 volts I can imbalance the batteries running 50 amp loads off 12 volts and it will push the batteries to make up for the load. I will make a video of this as soon as I can so you can see this work, I'm just swamped with 80 amp chargers right now, they are all going over seas to Russia. In normal conditions for RV's you do not need anything bigger then 40 amps, but you need to put the charge into the batteries for night use. The idea is to start with good batteries and not let them run down. Keep them charged and you will never have any problems.
    John B

Gramps.

the TST 5 is a solar charger , it is not a microprocessor that can do energy management.... of course it is possible, but can you see the underlying infrastructure required to do what you are contemplating? I run a large wireless energy management system at my day Job.... it controls lights heating a/c pumps a bunch of motors and 140 video games. it has full zone switching and pwm control of pumps using a.c. frequency drives. it monitors interior building co2 and pressures and adjusts fan speed and it also monitors ph and chlorine levels in the pools, and can tell me if a pump has turned on but has no flow. the base sytems was 90,000 dollars plus installation.

I have a lot of experience with this and unless you want to run extension cords to your appliances and lighting, it would require a relay box and isolation of outlets and breakers in your house. then a ton of analog controls to sense, monitor and maintain your power. if you would like to see a system developed for off grid use, let me know and we can chat about funding.

Tom

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Tom,

good to know that power management is possible. This is a very impressive system, you run. And a very impressive scope of skills you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Gramps.

the TST 5 is a solar charger , it is not a microprocessor that can do energy management.... of course it is possible, but can you see the underlying infrastructure required to do what you are contemplating? I run a large wireless energy management system at my day Job.... it controls lights heating a/c pumps a bunch of motors and 140 video games. it has full zone switching and pwm control of pumps using a.c. frequency drives. it monitors interior building co2 and pressures and adjusts fan speed and it also monitors ph and chlorine levels in the pools, and can tell me if a pump has turned on but has no flow. the base sytems was 90,000 dollars plus installation.

I have a lot of experience with this and unless you want to run extension cords to your appliances and lighting, it would require a relay box and isolation of outlets and breakers in your house. then a ton of analog controls to sense, monitor and maintain your power. if you would like to see a system developed for off grid use, let me know and we can chat about funding.

Tom

thanks gramps... the system runs off of the xbee system of wireless controllers from digi.......... the software is proprietary and scalable to needs. unfortunately even a base package is very expensive. but take a look at it and if you can program you can whip something together. just have to think about parasitic loads and having to run a computer to control everything. s little book pc running on a micro atx board would do fine as it is all run thru wifi nodes and meshed repeaters. Tom C

so add an oscillator circuit to this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkB2g7ai2bs

Hi
    I'm confused about the TST III and TST 5
    Are those being sold already?
    All I can see is Trackers III on the websites.

they are tracker 5's being sold right now the 3's are no longer in production.

tom C

I can say this about the Tracker 5. They are not like the Tracker 3. I have both. The 3 is a very good unit but the 5....very,VERY ROBUST. I would easily recommend this new unit over any MPPT unit being sold. They are NOT CHEAP....and seeing that John B builds them himself one can see when it comes to what is on the inside is what matters and that I think means more than one might think when it comes to the purpose of this new unit. That is...REAL WORLD USAGE.

Apparently...atleast from what was posted we have yet to see the new unit in video as John B said he would do. Maybe in time he will post one and clear up any confusion concerning the new Tracker 5 and what it can do.

John H