Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel magnet wire

Hi

I am considering having some stainless steel magnet wire made.

AFAIK I can only order it in large batches because I haven't found anyone already selling small amounts of it.

So I am wondering if anyone else would be interested. If so I will probably make spools available for sale.

What sizes would you be most interested in?

For my own use I am probably going to get #18 but I can get others too if there is enough interest.

Originally posted by bluestix View Post
    Hi

I am considering having some stainless steel magnet wire made.

AFAIK I can only order it in large batches because I haven't found anyone already selling small amounts of it.

So I am wondering if anyone else would be interested. If so I will probably make spools available for sale.

What sizes would you be most interested in?

For my own use I am probably going to get #18 but I can get others too if there is enough interest.
    Hi Blustix,
    I'm interested in buying gauge 22# and above can you cater this..?
    rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Yea I was thinking #22 or #23 as another size I would order.

I will probably only get two or three sizes to start with so whichever have the most demand.

Comment

who does this for you i'm curious....are there any other sources..
        rgds,
        Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
          how does this for you i'm curious....are there any other sources..
          rgds,
          Faraday88.
          I found a Chinese company that can do it. I haven't contacted them for a while. I need to find their info again. There are probably others that could do it but that was the only one I found. They have a 1000kg minimum order though.

Comment

good god.... no wonder Stan Meyer did them on his own!!!
            rgds,
            Faraday88.

Comment

If you search in Energetic Forum - Forum Display for stainless steel wire, one or two member actually did purchase a large amount for the Stan Meyer projects and was trying to sell some a couple years ago. Can probably email them to see if they still have it and you can probably get it much cheaper.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
                If you search in Energetic Forum - Forum Display for stainless steel wire, one or two member actually did purchase a large amount for the Stan Meyer projects and was trying to sell some a couple years ago. Can probably email them to see if they still have it and you can probably get it much cheaper.
                Oh... sweet. I remember some people talking about it but didn't know they actually got it. I will try to find them.

Thanks

Comment

Great Aaron to know this...do you have the e-mail...then?
                  rgds,
                  Faraday88.

Comment

Stainless wire.

[QUOTE=bluestix;5288]Hi

You can purchase small lengths of various gauges stainless wire , and then slide/cover with 1mm fiberglass high temperature sleeving as I do. Both are available on Ebay. I built a substitute version of the "S1R9A9M9" magnetic coil for use with testing the water vapor pressure lawn mower engine. The coil has to have it's own voltage drop inherent, along with designed in ohms for the power draw. A separate series resistor only wastes voltage - not over the coil needed. Stainless wire has more ohms than handy/steel wire.plain or plastic coated. Nichrome wire is easy to get and also there is insulated resistance wire as underground dog fencing, that comes on a bobbin reel.

Comment

There are number of online electrical stores are available to buy stainless steel magnet wire at reasonable prices.
                      House Rewiring

Comment

Originally posted by smillieelectrical View Post
                        There are number of online electrical stores are available to buy stainless steel magnet wire at reasonable prices.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-04-20 12.07.05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	49817

BTW Stainless Steel wire is also in the Bedini Machines..
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by smillieelectrical View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-04-20 12.07.05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	49817

BTW Stainless Steel wire is also applicable in the Bedini Machines..
                          Rgds,
                          Faraday88.

Comment

Greetings:

Soft steel tie wire in various gauges can be purchased at the rebar yards, generally by the pound.

The lengths are a bit short for our use, but a bit of silver solder will fix that.

I ran onto some that has been sitting around last night, been meaning to do something with that.....

Figure to wind it on a spool one lap at a time, and spray each lap with electrical insulating spray.

glenWV

Comment

Working...
                            X