Explorations of the Bedini Ferris Wheel Motor Energizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
    Very interesting - the wavform is identical to the Kromrey waveform. I wonder if that was intentional. Of course this is the magnetic field and not the output of coils, but still very interesting!
    Aaron,
    The waveform wheather it electrical or magnetic its all the same as you rightly expressed, either of the circuital parameters show the same significance.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
      It is a modified B/C bipolar circuit. The Hub motor has 3 sets of bipolar transistors and the main wheel circuit has 5 sets of bipolar transistors.... I will post the circuit schematic at some point soon, I dont have it on the tablet.... I have sold several of these PCB's, so it is out there...
      Hey RS,

Please forgive my ignorance but I need to ask a question. What is the difference in functionality between a single NPN transistor switch to pulse the coil and a single set of bipolar transistors? Doesn't a single set do the same thing as a single transistor? I mean, I have seen some guys on youtube use "half of a Bedini-Cole" and so have I. But it is really just on and off, no polarity switching like with a full Bedini Cole switch. I know I don't fully understand the situation thus my question. Just looking for some enlightenment. Thanks!

Comment

Joster,

The single NPN transistor SG type circuits are Energizers with Low Torque. The Bipolar circuits are High Torque circuits with energy recovery from the coil that can be used in several ways. The 1/2 H Bridge bipolar circuit can only drive a single polarity coil, against a single polarity magnet, and is what the 2 different Ferris Wheel circuits are. A Full H Bridge bipolar circuit can drive alternating polarity's on the coil against alternating polarity Magnets, and is what the ZFM and Window Motor circuit's are. My PCB's are designed so that they can be used as a 1/2 H Bridge bipolar circuit like the 2 FW motors, or with 2 PCB's mounted back to back it forms a Full H Bridge bipolar circuit that can run a really BIG ZFM or Window Motor.

Hope this helps your understanding.

Comment

Dave W, your PM box is full... plz deleat some PM's so i can send you a PM
          Last edited by RS_; 12-03-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

RS I made some room.

Comment

Here are Pics of the new LCR meter measurements i took tonight on the FW Hub Motor Coils...
              there are 10 coils connected in series on the hub motor

Still trying to get the hang of this meter...

you should be able to see what is being measured by the upper left hand L- R- C symbol, and the Frequency that it is being measured at in the upper right hand corner, and the value measured in the lower right
              Attached Files
              Last edited by RS_; 12-06-2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Random LCR Meter pics.....
                Attached Files

Comment

More random measurements
                  Attached Files

Comment

The last pic with the green mulitmeter is measuring the DC resistance of the 10 hub motors coils in series. I have not tried to analyze these measurements, but will be looking them over in the coming days
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RS_; 12-06-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

RS, looks like that meter is about $366 on Amazon prime. Is that about what you paid? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B01GVCS160

I need a better one - can't get any reliable readings with the couple cheaper ones I have.
                      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

yep that is what i payed.... a Keithley/Tek will be $2-5K.... Top of the line.... i wish i could afford that...LOL...
                        Last edited by RS_; 12-06-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RS_ View Post
                          yep that is what i payed.... a Keithley/Tek will be $2-5K.... Top of the line.... i wish i could afford that...LOL...
                          wow - makes $366 look like a bargain. I'm tired of these cheap $30-50 meters - they're all over the place.
                          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

One more video of a different kind of magnet field sensor before i change things up.....

https://vimeo.com/383189042?utm_sour...campaign=28749
                            Last edited by RS_; 03-11-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200101_190640.jpg Views:	0 Size:	410.4 KB ID:	72489
                              A dent in the edge of the sheet steel of the hub motor coil base. It was like this when I received the FW. JB said to straighten it out, and it would be fine.
                              Last edited by RS_; 01-08-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I found that the sheet steel on the hub motor has been polarized. i don't know if that is from the motor operation, or from the magnets stuck to the sheet steel for so long after JB dissembled the FW, and I received the FW, and the time between now and then......

https://vimeo.com/manage/384413773/general
                                Last edited by RS_; 03-11-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X