No announcement yet.

Joe’s ZFM Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words guys!! I have been chewing on the right design for awhile and it finally dawned on me. Lots more to come from this.

Comment

Ok so.....I have been scratching my head on how best to 3d print a generator head for the zfm.....then i realized.....why not build a Kromrey and drive it with the zfm. Thoughts?

Comment

Hi Joster,

Originally posted by Joster View Post
        Ok so.....I have been scratching my head on how best to 3d print a generator head for the zfm.....then i realized.....why not build a Kromrey and drive it with the zfm. Thoughts?
        The Kromrey sounds like a good way to go, but you will probably need a gear reduction drive for it. The Kromery is usually a slow speed device compared to the ZFM.

I'm still planning to build a somewhat slow speed, powerful attraction motor direct coupled to a flux-gate (similar to Kromrey) generator. I want to power it with a four battery split the negative supply and power a load with the generator and/or charge a fifth battery with it.

Comment

Hey Joe
          Originally posted by Joster View Post
          Since the ZFM is a high speed motor one can adjust the operating voltage to maintain a constant output speed and torque for a given load. A small alternator or generator would fit the bill for initial proofing. There are cogged drive belts available along with various rotor sizes that can be tuned to your application. A lot of this does depend on the operational and performance characteristics of your ZFM build. Keep it simple and then progress to the complexity as you gain experience is my suggestion.

Have fun...
          Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Thanks for the pointers Yaro they are much appreciated. So i am looking for something like this then right?

https://www.banggood.com/15mm-Wide-B...r_warehouse=CN

I dont have a ton of experience hooking up motors to generators yet...was gunna just go direct drive?

Comment

You have the basic idea on the belt drive! I don't know the torque characteristics or speed of your build, but the small pulley on your output shaft will reduce the speed and multiply the torque. What is still unknown on your end is the torque and that is needed to determine the output watts. This in turn will allow you to select a suitable generator/alternator - you can always use a small DC motor that is suitable for gen mode. A fractional Hp motor would be a good place to start.

Direct drive would be OK if the gen is capable of the speed.
              Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Hi All,

Here is another update. The build is pretty much done. Now to shift gears to electronics and finish this thing. I will be adding, Bedini-Cole Switch, Cap Dump, Coil Shorting Circuit w/Cap bank, Voltage converter, and inverter and probly a three coil ZFM setup to replace the initial 2 coil rig. Then once all that is done shes time to build a Kromrey which will be in a new thread.

https://youtu.be/RJ6JNQfw9xA

Comment

Hi All,

I have been busy. https://bittubers.com/profile/Joster

Comment

New ZFM 3D print. If ya want one let me know.

Comment

Hi Joster,

Congratulations on the work and workmanship. Would just add, after I started the thread on the ZFM after the penutlimate energy conference, I spent some time with super glue and duct tape trying to understand the principles involved. While I suspect you may be aware of this, the important point in the design of this motor is, because of the position of the permanent magnets in relation to the pulsing field, there is negligible, "zero", Lenz force, hence I suspect the name. This has two corollaries, you can go as strong as you wish on the neodyniums and additionally, say double the number of winds while using thicker wire to keep resistance the same in the windings, (double amp turns) while neither causes appreciable increase in Lenz forces though both improve the power and efficiency of the motor. I also suspect this is why John Bedini, if I recall correctly, mentioned someone could build a larger version of the machine. Without discussing theory further, would just say such a machine would be a beast.
                      Last edited by ZPDM; 01-13-2020, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X