Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini self running method

Hi All,

Anyone doing experiments with Peter L's and Aaron's recent vid and attachments?

This is major to me.

I tried it with a single coil bike wheel with poor results. (lawn %garden batts)

Now I'm running 2 coils with all GC batts.

Looks better.

Setting up for 3 coils and the GC batts also. Can do up to 12 coils with frame.

I want to push the comparator cap dump a little more.

Bro d
    Last edited by brodonh; 09-13-2019, 09:56 AM.

When John accomplished this, he used a mechanical switch to dump the caps to the back battery bank. Mechanical switch has the lowest loss and for these massive cap dumps, is better than the comparator.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Murakami View Post
      When John accomplished this, he used a mechanical switch to dump the caps to the back battery bank. Mechanical switch has the lowest loss and for these massive cap dumps, is better than the comparator.
      Yes, you need a split-commutator when you break the power in between the pulses feeding the Energiser and the Motor function. JB did this in his 1984 single battery Motor-Energiser set-up. There are other
      refinments that can be done to this topology i shall not go into that here.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Split-Commutator Schematic..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	50206
      Rgds,
      Faraday88.
      'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
        Yes, you need a split-commutator when you break the power in between the pulses feeding the Energiser and the Motor function. JB did this in his 1984 single battery Motor-Energiser set-up. There are other
        refinments that can be done to this topology i shall not go into that here.

Rgds,
        Faraday88.
        That is if you want to connect and disconnect the input side battery.

For the method in Peter's presentation, John only had 2 brushes and a wheel with a brass bar that would make contact to dump the caps to the batteries. The front side was connected constantly.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Aaron,
          Was Peter using a mechanical cap dump in the presentation?
          Thanks,
          Bro d

Comment

Hi Bro D,

I'm not Aaron, but the answer to your question is no.

What Peter demonstrated was a conventional radiant charge going into the charge battery in parallel with a large battery bank. No cap dump involved in the demo. The run battery and charge battery were switched back and forth at some interval. But whichever battery was in the charge position was always in parallel with the large bank of batteries which were always receiving a radiant charge.

Comment

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
              Aaron,
              Thanks,
              Bro d
              No, Gary is correct.

The primary point was to show the battery swapping arrangement.
              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Thank you Gary and Aaron.

On another note, I noticed that a bike wheel in gen mode will run significantly faster when the charge bank is 24v and the run bank is 12v than when both are at 12v.
                I made an arduino controlled switching system with 14 spst relays to automate this while looking for self charging.

pic attached

When I used 11ns ultrafast diodes it improved but no self charging. This is with no cap dump.
                Maybe I can incorporate mechanical cap dump. Iv'e ordered everything and should be using it soon.

I've automated the setup for this thread on paper but havn't tried it yet.

PIC ATTACHED

Great link for working out pulley sizes.

https://www.blocklayer.com/pulley-belteng.aspx

Keepin' on,
                bro d

6 AND 8 RELAY COMBINED_PCB.pdf

BEDINI SELF CHARGING COMP CAP DUMP.pdf
                Attached Files
                Last edited by brodonh; 09-21-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

It looks like two pics are missing from your post that you referenced unless you mean the 2 diagram/schematics at the bottom.

If you really want to replicate what John did, he used a Bedini-Cole bipolar switch as far as the circuit goes. I give details in the walk thru video I did of his original machine that did this.
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi Aaron,
                    I'm building this setup now with two coils on a bike wheel.
                    I'll try it tomorrow with SG ctts and 6 garden tractor batts.

Pic attached.

I've done many window motors with full Bedini/Cole cct but never multi coil / multi pwr winding setup and half Bedini/cole.

self charging MECH COM_PCB.pdf

thanks,
                    bro d

Comment

Got the fab work done today but not running yet.
                      The mechanical commutator is ready to go with the large timing wheel,
                      The silver brushes and round belt, etc.

I'll start with one, 8 strand coil and switch it manually with beefy battery clips.
                      Should have a report tomarrrow.

bro d

Comment

Hi All,

Initial report of Bedini self charging with mechanical cap dump:

Bike wheel rpm - 370

1, 8 pwr strand coil.

120,000 mF cap bank

10 dump pulses in 8.5 seconds at 21v

Presently I'm running with a charger on the run batt until large bank is fully charged.

Then we'll have proper testing prep.

Name:	BEDINI SELF CHARGING WITH BATT CLAMP SWITCHING.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	823.4 KB
ID:	50211 Click image for larger version

Name:	MECH COM.jpg
Size:	744.2 KB
ID:	50212

Always grateful,

bro d
                        Last edited by brodonh; 09-26-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

What are the specs for your cap(s) bank?
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

Hi Aaron,

8, 15000uF 80v caps

Name:	120,000uF cap bank.jpg
Size:	887.1 KB
ID:	50213

Comment

Originally posted by brodonh View Post
                              Hi Aaron,

8, 15000uF 80v caps

All in parallel for 120,000 is a bit over 1/3 of what John used but is a good start. If you got those to 2-3 volts above battery voltage and dumped that every 2-3 seconds or so, that would be similar to what John did. There is something else that happens with the batteries with those big cap dumps. It wasn't mentioned in my walk-thru video - I want to see if anyone experiences it and reports it.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                              X