Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 99 71 63 12 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2019 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Thread: Bedini coil core question

Bedini coil core question

I was never able to find the welding rods that John says to use in his coil design so I have cut up coat hangers in there and they work just fine. What I need to know is, are there any core materials that I can use that are not magnetic but will still have the same effect as a full metal core? The issue is that an air core is nowhere near as strong as a metal core, and I do not want the magnets to be attracted to my core while still retaining the power of a metal core vs an air core. Anyone know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rit_Man View Post
    I was never able to find the welding rods that John says to use in his coil design so I have cut up coat hangers in there and they work just fine. What I need to know is, are there any core materials that I can use that are not magnetic but will still have the same effect as a full metal core? The issue is that an air core is nowhere near as strong as a metal core, and I do not want the magnets to be attracted to my core while still retaining the power of a metal core vs an air core. Anyone know this?
    Hi,
    If you are using a cored coil you have to have a Ferromagnetic core or iron core. the reason is but obvious. An Iron core would store more Energy per cycle than a Air/core less. Having said that, if you are using the rotored version you have to have a iron cored or else the coil wouldn't switch when the Magnet go past it.
    JB chose R60 because it is the best among the other and yes another issue is that this welding rod doesn't retain residual magnetism but the recent welding rod that I get here in India do retain quite a bit of it. The Idea is to switch the core into and off the Magnetic Field of the coil. Coat Hanger I guess is of Aluminium metal will not work its non-magnetic. makes no sense.
    you can use laminated 'I' piece that they use for Transformer core (Cold rolled Non-grain oriented sheet). the magnetic field is required to be in a OPEN CIRCUIT state.
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 05-10-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    ‘Mass is the Spatial density of Matter (Particle) and the Temporal Intensity of Space (Field)’.