Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cap Dumper schematics help please...

Hi Claudio,

I don't know what to do, please help..
    It's very hard for me to troubleshoot over the internet, but I'll try. It's much easier when I have the device in front of me and can use a multimeter and o-scope to help find the problem.

Since the cap dump is triggered by a time based device (555 timer circuit) and the LED is flashing, I think you can assume that portion of the circuit is operating correctly. It should flash the LED any time that 12 volts is applied across terminals 4 and 5 of the cap dump board whether the SSG is running or not.

And since the regulator only blows when the SSG is running, I think you can assume the FETs are not dumping the caps at all which causes the voltage on the caps to go way above 35 volts and probably much higher.

The H11D1 electrically isolates the higher voltage dump part of the circuit from the 12 volt timer part of the circuit. If either the H11D1 or TIP41 are faulty the FETs won't be triggered to dump the caps. And if all the FETs are faulty they won't dump even if triggered.

You can test the dump board separately without having it connected to the SSG. A 12 volt battery or power supply connected across terminals 4 and 5 will produce timed flashing of the LED which can be adjusted by the two pots. If you then connect 24 volts (batteries or power supply) across terminals 2 and 3 and a 24 volt light bulb across terminals 1 and 3, the bulb should flash each time the LED flashes. If the bulb doesn't flash then you can check each FET, the TIP41, and H11D1 with a multimeter to find which part is not working properly.
    Gary Hammond,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Claudio,

It's very hard for me to troubleshoot over the internet, but I'll try. It's much easier when I have the device in front of me and can use a multimeter and o-scope to help find the problem.

Since the cap dump is triggered by a time based device (555 timer circuit) and the LED is flashing, I think you can assume that portion of the circuit is operating correctly. It should flash the LED any time that 12 volts is applied across terminals 4 and 5 of the cap dump board whether the SSG is running or not.

And since the regulator only blows when the SSG is running, I think you can assume the FETs are not dumping the caps at all which causes the voltage on the caps to go way above 35 volts and probably much higher.

The H11D1 electrically isolates the higher voltage dump part of the circuit from the 12 volt timer part of the circuit. If either the H11D1 or TIP41 are faulty the FETs won't be triggered to dump the caps. And if all the FETs are faulty they won't dump even if triggered.

You can test the dump board separately without having it connected to the SSG. A 12 volt battery or power supply connected across terminals 4 and 5 will produce timed flashing of the LED which can be adjusted by the two pots. If you then connect 24 volts (batteries or power supply) across terminals 2 and 3 and a 24 volt light bulb across terminals 1 and 3, the bulb should flash each time the LED flashes. If the bulb doesn't flash then you can check each FET, the TIP41, and H11D1 with a multimeter to find which part is not working properly.
    Hi Gary,
    I will try something following your suggestions, but I do not have an o-scope yet...
    Will update
    Thx again for the support
    Claudio