Empty wire spools for the SG coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty wire spools for the SG coil

Been reading the forum, bought the Bedini SG book as advertised, and am well on the way to spending several hundred dollars trying to build it.

Now I can't find empty wire spools.

Does anyone know where a guy (or gal), can find a couple of wire spools cheaply (with emphasis on cheaply)?

Maybe a few of us could go together and buy a couple thousand on a skid and sell them to forum members (could even help pay some of the bills around here).

Originally posted by longhorn View Post
    Been reading the forum, bought the Bedini SG book as advertised, and am well on the way to spending several hundred dollars trying to build it.

Does anyone know where a guy (or gal), can find a couple of wire spools cheaply (with emphasis on cheaply)?

Maybe a few of us could go together and buy a couple thousand on a skid and sell them to forum members (could even help pay some of the bills around here).
    Longhorn,
    I've found it difficult to locate spools readily as well.
    So I just buy offcuts of Acrylic sheet. Use a couple of hole cutters. I think the large is 97mm (for the large cut) and the smaller one 25mm (for the inside cut to fit the core). I use 25mm plastic plumbing tube (thin walled) for the core and just stick it together with liquid nails. I make my spool holders also out of acrylic and use a 22mm cutter for the hole to clear the welding rod.

I have tried acrylic glue and super glue and both are too brittle for inexact fits that you get from using hole cutters. Liquid nails is better and is pretty good after curing for a week.

Superglue is fine for gluing the spools to its acrylic holder.

I get repeatable spools this way and manufacture on demand. I estimate it costs me a couple of dollars for each spool.
    It can look a bit messy, but clean up is o.k. with mineral turpentine or eucalyptus oil.
    Particularly if you get liquid nails on your hands. Eucalyptus oil is not as harsh as turpentine on the old hands

James

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn View Post

I have spools send me a pm.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I found 6 spools on EBAY last night 3 1/4 high 3 1/2 diameter and 3/4 center for 7.99 + 4.99 shipping: Here is the seller and these spools are new.

6 Plastic Spools Empty | eBay

R.

Comment

Thats a real good price!

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
          X