Whats the difference between these circuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between these circuits

Hi, sorry for the noob question but this is the place for it!

I just read the new Bedini SG book and was great !! In there, and on plenty of youtube videos they run a 7 transistor circuit 7 wires for the main coil and one more for the trigger 8 in total . With the circuit I built it has 130feet winds of .4 and .5 wire one for the trigger and other for main coil, mine uses one of each componet not 7 .
    Please whats the differnce?

mrbeale,
    The only difference is that the one with 7 primary wires produces 7 times the charge capacity. Your 2 wire SG will be just fine! You will learn a lot just watching it charge your small batteries. The moderators here regularly state that learning about the way a lead acid battery charges and discharges is half the story, and that people running to upsize too quickly miss out on the real learning to be had! So don't be dismayed, you can make it bigger later!
    The downside of the 8 wire SG is the need to match components and tune it effectively. Tuning is learned when you do your first 2 wire SG.
    Capacity wise, you should be able to charge small motorcycle batteries with your machine, regular 1.5 v alkaline cells and 9v alkaline cells, NiCd and NiMH cells, one at a time (it self adjusts to the required charge voltage, called re-gauging)
    The 8 wire SG will charge up to car battery size.
    I hope that helps
    James

Comment

Ok cool thanks , I supose I was dismayed at the time it took to discharge the same battery a 7.2Ah SLAB about 12 hours, and about 3 days to charge to 15v, or do I actually need to charge this far??

I dont dont mind doing the 'hard yards' and enjoy experimenting, but sometimes you need to know if your heading down the right path.
      Cheers il try an even smaller battery then !?
      Last edited by mrbeale; 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

And that also contradicts what ive read about not using ni-cad etc, or are they just not recomended?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeale View Post
          And that also contradicts what ive read about not using ni-cad etc, or are they just not recomended?
          The monopole is designed for lead acid batteries.... will it charge other kinds of storage cells? yes, it might also blow them up, so be careful.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
          X