Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: SSG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge

  1. #1

    SSG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge

    SSG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge, I know you call it a SG in the video....

    JB,

    Using a muilty strand SSG to fill up the Cap pulser had been talked about a long time back, but I was unsure at that time which way this version was arranged. So I wached this video several times, and cut and pasted up the basic single transistor SSG with pulser Schematic below, to make sure that is what you are talking about. Muilty Strands would all have their output diode Buss into the FWBR. Does not show any cap pulse trigger, for simplicity's sake........
    Post 8
    http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2815

    If this is correct, I will be testing a 16 Strand PCB Version soon........

    RS
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member John_Koorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    SSG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge, I know you call it a SG in the video....

    JB,

    Using a muilty strand SSG to fill up the Cap pulser had been talked about a long time back, but I was unsure at that time which way this version was arranged. So I wached this video several times, and cut and pasted up the basic single transistor SSG with pulser Schematic below, to make sure that is what you are talking about. Muilty Strands would all have their output diode Buss into the FWBR. Does not show any cap pulse trigger, for simplicity's sake........
    Post 8
    http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2815

    If this is correct, I will be testing a 16 Strand PCB Version soon........

    RS
    RS, you have the SSG part of the circuit correct, except you have not labelled Q4 correctly. I have been testing the same circuit recently and have been getting the same results as JB posted in that video. The only difference between mine and JB's is I am using a super pole rotor and 10 filar coil with 9 transistors. I also don't have a fan installed yet as I'm using the original bike wheel bearings.

    John K.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    RS, you have the SSG part of the circuit correct, except you have not labelled Q4 correctly. I have been testing the same circuit recently and have been getting the same results as JB posted in that video. The only difference between mine and JB's is I am using a super pole rotor and 10 filar coil with 9 transistors. I also don't have a fan installed yet as I'm using the original bike wheel bearings.

    John K.
    JK Thanks,

    This version is a bit different from what the guys had talked about in the distant past, so it is good to finely get this version down.......

    Oops that should be a MJL21194...... When I relabeled that tranny late last night, I got it wrong with the PNP version number....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_ View Post
    SSG Monopole with Capacitor Discharge, I know you call it a SG in the video....

    JB,

    Using a muilty strand SSG to fill up the Cap pulser had been talked about a long time back, but I was unsure at that time which way this version was arranged. So I wached this video several times, and cut and pasted up the basic single transistor SSG with pulser Schematic below, to make sure that is what you are talking about. Muilty Strands would all have their output diode Buss into the FWBR. Does not show any cap pulse trigger, for simplicity's sake........
    Post 8
    http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post2815

    If this is correct, I will be testing a 16 Strand PCB Version soon........

    RS
    Hi,
    please can you tell me what type the mosfets are and on the optokoppler is only pin 4 and 5 connected,is that right?C1 has to have how many V and uf and has it to be electrolytic?
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by forelle View Post
    Hi,
    please can you tell me what type the mosfets are and on the optokoppler is only pin 4 and 5 connected,is that right?C1 has to have how many V and uf and has it to be electrolytic?
    Thanks
    I believe JB uses the IRFP260's I have been using IRF59N10D's because I had a bunch on hand......

    Yes pin 4 and 5 are connected, and pin 6 is open......

    For 12V charging battery's, a 35 to 50V Cap and needs to be electrolytic, value is determined by how much energy the input circuit can supply, so that the cap builds up in V till it is about 23V to 26V in about 1 sec, then is triggered by any of the various trigger circuits to pulse on just long enough to drop the Cap V down to, or close to the charging battery V.........

  6. #6

    Cap-dump Help !

    Hi guys

    I know you/we are all saturated with food and drink (being X-mas and holiday season) but before shut-eye please tender your advice here.

    I have built the circuit RS._ posted in post #1 in this thread as attached:

    As soon as I connect the secondary battery the dump-cap charges by means of the secondary battery, shouldn't the mosfets prevent any voltage flow from the secondary battery to the rest of the circuit seeing they are not switched on yet?

    Even if I remove the opto, iow the 2N3584 canít switch on, the currant still goes to the dump-cap, without the SSG running or connected at all?

    Is this normal?


    Thanks for your feedback.

    Theunis
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Yes, this is normal when using MOSFET's, Most of them have a internal Suppression Diode that will allow current flow backward through the device until the cap is at the charging battery V, and you start filling up from there. Look up the Part number Data sheet to see this internal diode....... Where Transistors like the MJL21194 does not have that internal diode......

    This is one reason that MOSFET's are NOT Good for use in place of a SG or SSG transistor, as that diode can waste some of the ringing that is being collected with a transistor with out that diode..........

    Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi guys

    I know you/we are all saturated with food and drink (being X-mas and holiday season) but before shut-eye please tender your advice here.

    I have built the circuit RS._ posted in post #1 in this thread as attached:

    As soon as I connect the secondary battery the dump-cap charges by means of the secondary battery, shouldn't the mosfets prevent any voltage flow from the secondary battery to the rest of the circuit seeing they are not switched on yet?

    Even if I remove the opto, iow the 2N3584 can’t switch on, the currant still goes to the dump-cap, without the SSG running or connected at all?

    Is this normal?


    Thanks for your feedback.

    Theunis
    Last edited by RS_; 12-24-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling

  8. #8
    RS

    Thanks, was a little concerned about this. I will continue to use it as it is then and ask for HELP if needed.

    Thanks

    Theunis

  9. #9
    Hi RS / Guys

    I need to connect an LED to the opto (H11D3) driven from an op-amp to see when it is firing,

    can I put the LED inline with the pin 2 of the opto (H11D3) and ground,

    or can I put LED across pin 1 via a 330 ohm resistor and ground,

    Which is preferable or otherwise how, please?

    Thanks

    Theunis

  10. #10
    Senior Member John_Koorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Prinsloo View Post
    Hi RS / Guys

    I need to connect an LED to the opto (H11D3) driven from an op-amp to see when it is firing,

    can I put the LED inline with the pin 2 of the opto (H11D3) and ground,

    or can I put LED across pin 1 via a 330 ohm resistor and ground,

    Which is preferable or otherwise how, please?

    Thanks

    Theunis
    Hey Theunis,

    It doesn't make any difference if you put the LED in series with pin 1 or pin 2 of the opto. I usually put it between pin 2 and ground with a resistor in between.

    Start out with a 330 ohm resistor, if the LED is not bright enough or the opto doesn't seem to be switching fully drop the resistor down to a 220 or 100 ohm - assuming you are pushing 12v to the opto.

    John K.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •