For Peter Lindemann and energenx "Zero Force Motor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Daniel,

Okay on confirming coil-magnet positioning, I just wished to clarify it a 100%... In the patent application drawing Fig. 6b shows a horse shoe shaped iron yoke to symbolically "hold" the magnets and while the presence of that iron can collect flux from mainly the same side of the magnet where the yoke is, the front flux towards the coils may be influenced but a little indeed. (Flux collection by the horse shoe iron piece is more pronounced and expressedly shown in Fig. 6a by the drawn flux lines when the magnets are "hold" by their direction of magnetization and not by perpendiculary to it as in Fig. 6b.)

When I wrote about the coil-magnet length ratio, I also meant the coil length in itself (although I did not stress this). If you consider the zero force motor first video, in which John pulled out the core and then inserted it, the coil was too big both in length and in diameter with respect to the rotor magnets. In his very short post on the zero force motor coil at energetic forum John wrote the coil was a standard Mono-Pole coil on a solder roll with maybe 2000 turns of #23 wire, and the magnets were Neo 1/2 x 1/8 round magnets.

Now a solder roll is much bigger than the 0.5" OD, 0.125" long cylinder magnets so I believe this may also contribute to a low Lenz, low bemf behaviour.
    (His induced positive peak voltage in the center between two on-pulses was 3.5V with core and about 1.5V without the core, with that huge coil and small magnets.)

Unfortunately, the 3 videos on his first zero force motor he showed at energetic forum back then were removed from youtube, see this link when John showed them: Use for the Tesla Switch - Page 49
    I do not know why there were 3 videos, and I guess the single video John showed on a zero force motor with also single coil last August in the R-charge windows motor thread (Reply #19) must have been included in the three videos. Alas, the link John gave to his zero force motor video in Reply #19 now does not show the video either...

Greetings, Gyula
    Last edited by Gyula; 03-12-2013, 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Hey Gyula,

Guess I should clarify that your diagram is correct from what I know - from what I observed & drew up in post #11. I don't yet have a setup where I can test the 'horseshoe' type waveform (or 'conventional' waveform), so I believe that what you've drawn is correct, but haven't verified it yet. I am hoping to have a simple setup soon, & I'll post the results from that when I can...

Good point on the coil length. This may be something to look into!

Thanks for the zero force link! I found another one a long time ago that was not a youtube vid - it was imbedded into the forum somehow. Anyways - haven't seen it again. Maybe it was a phantom. lol

:-)
      Daniel
      Last edited by emfimp; 03-17-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to write a quick update - I haven't had a lot of time to take these concepts any further, but it is developing slowly... I've finally figured out how to upload a video of John Bedini's Zero Force Motor - this was posted on the Energetic Forum originally, and I downloaded it at that time. Now it appears to be no longer available there. Anyways, here is the youtube link for it:

John_Bedini_Zero_Force_Motor_002 - YouTube

Interesting difference between this video, and the newest one that sparked this thread on the forum here - Peter Lindemann's ZF build uses a toroidal core, where John B's simple build in this video uses a normal solenoid coil. In experimenting with a coil a couple weeks ago, a friend and I found that a solenoid coil with a ferrite core in it has a very low inductance compared to the exact same coil with a completely looped ferrite core path. Meaning that when the magnetic path is open, such as in the video I've just posted, the inductance is small. Obviously a core material will increase the inductance of this solenoid coil compared with an air core. Beyond this, if the magnetic path has a completed loop to follow, such as in Peter Lindemann's toroidal zero force motor, the inductance of the coils will increase greatly.

I'm still learning what the significance of this is, but it appears that more inductance means a greater radiant spike, caused by a greater ability to store magnetic field? It is worth noting that Paul Babcock's motor also has a closed magnetic path - basically similar to the Peter Lindemann ZF motor, just with a larger toroid, and a greater number of coils around it.

:-)
        Daniel

Comment

Daniel, Do you have a link to Paul's motor you mentioned?

I see the ZF motor as using both poles of each coil to be always attracting one magnet and repulsing another magnet at the same time.

Why not do the same thing easier by using conventional SG coils turned vertically, with a rotor disc on the top and bottom of all the coils, with the same number of magnets on each one, the magnets would be aligned so each end of the coils would have a magnet of opposite polarity at the same time. A much simpler set up electrically. Would this produce the same speed, the same torque, and the same efficiency as the ZF motor?

thanks Alan
          Last edited by Radiantnrg; 08-10-2014, 08:14 PM. Reason: another question came up

Comment

Working...
          X