Somender Sigh grooves in cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somender Sigh grooves in cylinder head

Somender Singh has been awarded an US Patent for his discovery of how to gain more engine power and economy by utilizing a small groove cut into the squish area(s) of the typical Internal Combustion Engine (ICE). The Groove(s) allows gasses to expand and compress with a quality that has consistently improved fuel efficiency, lowered operating temperature, improved torque and max power as well as lowering idle speed significantly.
    Just an intersting little modification I plan on doing on my car. 1966 chevy biscayne with 6 cylinder.

I am rebuilding a 6 cylinder 250 chevy engine which will have multiple technologies to improve mileage.
    1 - most moving engine parts coated with tungsten disulfide.
    2 - Singh groove machined into head.
    3 - swirl grooves put inside intake manifold.
    4 - PCV bypassing engine vacuum
    5 - HHO fuel catalysing for shortened burn time.
    6 - Plama Igniton
    7 - vapor generator for improved mileage, vaporizes fuel at cold temp
    8 - High compression pistons
    9 - steam injection...water injection to replace part of fuel
    10 - exhaust scavenger that goes on end of tail pipe V-diode MPG Enhancer
    11 - all the little tweaks and adjustments outlined in the Eagle research books on mileage improvement DIY energy saving methods and devices
    Like the carburetor enhancer, the hyco and the hyzor running off separate alternator to produce actual browns gas.
    12 - Aerodynamic changes to car including blocking radiator, and using turbulator tape and vortex generators on various body edges
    13 - Use of friction reducing lubricant additives in engine, transmission and rear end and axle bearings. With an eye toward the Diamond lube system.
    14 - top cylinder oiler.

Goal is to have a large size car that gets 50 plus MPG
    Last edited by vzon17; 12-07-2012, 08:26 PM.

I experiment with this a lot. Every engine is different; with SBC race engines my current thinking is 0.050” piston to head at assembly is ideal. I learn something every day so this is subject to change.

Reducing the squish clearance enhances turbulence intensity; this reduces detonation tendencies to a point. The down side of ultra tight squish clearance is increased crevice space; these shadowed areas can lead to detonation. As with everything it’s a trade off. Get the squish clearance tight enough to enhance turbulence but not so tight that it creates areas of unburned mixture.

And of course we haven’t mentioned squish to bore ratio!

Comment

Originally posted by vzon17 View Post
      Somender Singh has been awarded an US Patent for his discovery of how to gain more engine power and economy by utilizing a small groove cut into the squish area(s) of the typical Internal Combustion Engine (ICE). The Groove(s) allows gasses to expand and compress with a quality that has consistently improved fuel efficiency, lowered operating temperature, improved torque and max power as well as lowering idle speed significantly.
      Just an intersting little modification I plan on doing on my car. 1966 chevy biscayne with 6 cylinder.

I am rebuilding a 6 cylinder 250 chevy engine which will have multiple technologies to improve mileage.
      1 - most moving engine parts coated with tungsten disulfide.
      2 - Singh groove machined into head.
      3 - swirl grooves put inside intake manifold.
      4 - PCV bypassing engine vacuum
      5 - HHO fuel catalysing for shortened burn time.
      6 - Plama Igniton
      7 - vapor generator for improved mileage, vaporizes fuel at cold temp
      8 - High compression pistons
      9 - steam injection...water injection to replace part of fuel
      10 - exhaust scavenger that goes on end of tail pipe V-diode MPG Enhancer
      11 - all the little tweaks and adjustments outlined in the Eagle research books on mileage improvement DIY energy saving methods and devices
      Like the carburetor enhancer, the hyco and the hyzor running off separate alternator to produce actual browns gas.
      12 - Aerodynamic changes to car including blocking radiator, and using turbulator tape and vortex generators on various body edges
      13 - Use of friction reducing lubricant additives in engine, transmission and rear end and axle bearings. With an eye toward the Diamond lube system.
      14 - top cylinder oiler.

Goal is to have a large size car that gets 50 plus MPG
      some things you may want to add..

intake and exhaust port matching, blueprint the head to match the design spec of the ports
      3 angle valve cut for the valve seat. make sure your valve seat to face witdh is the same across the whole set of heads
      match valve springs
      polish exhaust valves
      polish exhaust ports or have them chromed
      chromed exhaust manifolds

as many mechanical advantages as you can come up with to reduce friction will help. looking forward to your results.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Working...
      X