No announcement yet.

3PM Kit Magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! Tonight I tried putting the neos behind the ceramics, but without filing that separator down. Didn't work.

I have a file set on the way from amazon. Once that arrives I will file that plastic section down so the neos connect directly with the ceramics. That will bring them a bit closer to the coil.

Am I in line with what you were thinking?

Something else I had to do was put a spacer in to hold the neos in place and keep them from attracting to each other. They were fine when they were in their sockets, but outside of that becomes an issue.

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    Branch,
    OK, looking at that rotor you can file that space out adding more magnets or you could put the neo behind the ceramic magnet and it will work. I'm waiting as Tom is sending me one to work on so I can show you. However I have been informed that the kit that was never produced for some strange reason was never produced by Mr. R is going to be sent here for me to work on and Chuck and I are going to see that it works according to the lab model.
    John B
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85[/ATTACH]

Comment

good to know, that the 3pm kit has to be modified...
      but i put my 3PM-Kit away in a box, for later..
      i watched all the jb-videos..
      and now i have finished my bicycle wheel vanilla ssg.. following johns steps...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SNV12547_h600.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	44666
      i guess i have to weld all parts as close as possible... instead of having all that aligator wires around
      Last edited by MrRonsen; 08-05-2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Wow John, Please tell me this is your next monopole kit to be available soon.
        Ron
        Attached Files

Comment

MrRonsen, I had my ssg kinda thrown together with a breadboard and long wires. When I cleaned it up, it functioned much better. Also, make sure you use at least 12 gauge wire for your battery cables. Have fun!
          "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieGM3 View Post
            Wow John, Please tell me this is your next monopole kit to be available soon.
            Ron
            I'm with you. That is a beautiful kit. I would have to have saved up for that one.

al

Comment

> > To: Bedini_Monopole3@ yahoogroups. com
              > > Sent: Monday, 20 April, 2009 3:35:27 PM
              > > Subject: [Bedini_Monopole3] New 3 Pole Monopole Kit worthy of the Bedini
              Logo
              > >
              > > We just finished the latest kit done by my new machinist. This is really
              nice. People just sit there and stare at it for a long time and cannot bring
              themselves to look away from it. It looks really sharp, especially in the dark.
              Click the dark red picture to see it in the light:
              > >
              > > http://rpmgt. org/order. html
              > >
              > > This kit is the best one yet as it is done by a professional who is really
              qualifed and a true engineer. It is the start of a new beginning for the kits,
              where we will have them molded and made professionally. We want to see these go
              out by the thousands to schools across the land and world. We have several other
              larger ones on the way. The six inch hex window motor is also done but not
              uploaded yet.
              > >
              > > The LEDs are not super bright as I only had a short time period to order
              some before the NY Fair on Saturday. I figure the amount of light given from
              them is about 1W, which is about what it was drawing from the primary battery
              (not including it's back charging which is never shown on the meters). This does
              not include the charging of the secondary battery(s) at the same time. This is
              an example of using the motor power to run a generator to power an electrical
              load. That could be used to recharge the primary while it is running (out of
              phase with the motor action).
              > >
              > >Rotor is aluminum. Coils are 1.5" by 1" diameter. 1/4" core. Small but still
              a good charger and motor. Magnets are small neos, small enough to not be too
              strong to cause problems. I was going to do ceramics, but the original had neos
              and John said that they were far enough spaced apart to not cause problems
              . They
              are sunk in the aluminum, and the gap to the core is 1/4" away. Also, the
              generator core is adjustable so that the LED brightness can be changed,
              especially considering if you increase the primary voltage above 12V.
              Last edited by MaxCaviar; 08-04-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The original 3 pole did not have neo's they were samarium cobalt, as were the TUV motor. John has told me there are no neo's in his working machines, at least the ones that work as intended. John does not have a molded 3 pole kit, yet. I just sent him mine, six pole rotor and all. he will redesign it and get it working like his prototype 3 pole which is in his lab.

everything in John lab was done to test a specific thing, some of his prototypes did not run at all or very poorly, he has kept them all.

I would encourage everyone to be patient and let the artist do his work, and tell us how to replicate it.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Ok. Everyone who is wondering if the Samarium Cobalt magnets will work, they DO! I just installed them in my 6 magnet rotor. Here are some observations:

-Acceleration is much slower.
                  -Torque is much less.
                  -Charging is significantly better!!
                  -RPM topped out at about 2500 vs. around 6000 with the neos.

Keep in mind I have not really done any good tuning yet. The cores need to be moved closer to the coil. John mentioned they were at 3/16" air gap on the TUV, so I have to make that adjustment. I just wanted to make sure it would run, and it runs just fine. The charging improvement is the truly remarkable thing. Even without a good solid tuning effort, the unit is charging seriously better than it EVER did with the neos.

So, there you go everyone. Go get some SmCo magnets and have some fun!

-Woody
                  "It's not a mutiny if the commander is leading it!" - Wally Schirra, Commander Apollo 7

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                    Ok. Everyone who is wondering if the Samarium Cobalt magnets will work, they DO! I just installed them in my 6 magnet rotor. Here are some observations:

-Acceleration is much slower.
                    -Torque is much less.
                    -Charging is significantly better!!
                    -RPM topped out at about 2500 vs. around 6000 with the neos.

Keep in mind I have not really done any good tuning yet. The cores need to be moved closer to the coil. John mentioned they were at 3/16" air gap on the TUV, so I have to make that adjustment. I just wanted to make sure it would run, and it runs just fine. The charging improvement is the truly remarkable thing. Even without a good solid tuning effort, the unit is charging seriously better than it EVER did with the neos.

So, there you go everyone. Go get some SmCo magnets and have some fun!

-Woody

Thanks for the info, Woody, That's good news !

Comment

Hi John,

Ok, it looks like I need to make a few changes to get back to original specs. Thanks!

On another note, I got his solid state kit and it has a switch to switch between a 10uf cap and a 560uf cap. When I put the scope on it, the 10uf cap was charging to 1000 volts before discharging, and adjusting the pots didn't lower the voltage at all, and the cap is only rated for 250 volts. The 560uf cap worked fine. Other people that got that kit might want to check theirs, as it's kind of a safety issue with the 10uf cap.

thanks,

Robert

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Monopole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	44672

I got the 3PM kit at the previous conference, and it has the neos in it. I purchased the additional coils and the timing wheel kit, but could never get it to run like it should. It has been on a shelf gathering dust. Guess I will have to dust it off and give it another try. Thanks to Luther G. I picked up a DCA55 which is invaluable for matching transistors and other components. A MUST have if you are serious about this stuff.

Dave
                        Last edited by David Bowling; 08-05-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Woody, Could you possibly put a link in to the hand drawn images you mentioned. I've failed to find them so far.

Comment

Hey everyone. Just a quick progress report. I stripped down my 3pm, now 6pm to just the 6 pole motor coil rotor and moved the coil cores to 3/16 inches from the rotor as John said for the TUV unit. Also, I advanced the master coil. I had another rotor on the same shaft with 6 generator coils surrounding it. I decided to test the unit with no gen coils, just the motor coils. Results:

-The RPMs are now 4,350 on 3 coils, and 6,200 running on all 6 coils.

-The acceleration is now much more rapid.

-Charging is still excellent.

I'll continue with some more data as I progress with my testing. You will have no problem running your 3pms with the SmCo magnets.

-Woody

Comment

bobinski. John posted those images on the second page of this thread, and 8 posts down from the top. There are 3 of them. As long as you are signed in, you should be able to see them.

-Woody

Comment

Woody, Thanks for that. That's actually later in the threaded view than your post, I'd only looked at earlier ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X