Edison Nickel-Iron Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edison Nickel-Iron Batteries

This question is for John B., John K., or someone very well versed in Batteries, and/or has experience with the old "Edison" Nickel-Iron alkaline batteries that are preportedly able to last 100 years-plus, and are infinately rebuildable. I think I have a source for a LOT of these old boys (Edison Batteries). I am wondering how radiant energy (such as what an multi-filer 8-10 pole SG, or similar size solid state version, would make) effects them. I don't have a lot of funds, but see this as an opportunity to get off the grid (using Bedini technology, solar, and even a generator for triple-redundancy to charge them), since there is a good chance I may be able to pick a bunch of these up for little or nothing. I realize that your time is valuable, and you have difficulty answering trivial questions, but I have searched all over for answers about this topic and have litterally "hit the wall." Therefore, your expert opinion(s) would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I do understand John B's explanation of how radiant energy treats lead-acid battery plates, and the implications of this in regard to established "electrical engineering industry (or cult) standards (or beliefs of the "faithful"). Thank you.

James
    Best Regards ~ James, Somewhere In Idaho

Hi James,

sorry but I have had no experience with Edison nickel-iron batteries. Perhaps John B can help.

John K.

Comment

Working...
    X