Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiled List of Information for SSG Circuit / Bedini Monopole

Hello Everyone!

I originally posted on here a month ago or so, asking for some general advice and where to get started. The answer I got was -- 'It's all on the website'

So I have compiled this information throughout the Amateur section for anyone who is interested in getting started. I have included certain statements from various articles and a reference section, pointing to where all this information was obtained.

--- MATERIALS AND SCIENCE BEHIND THE SSG ---

--- MATERIALS/PARTS LIST ---

Bedini Monopole SSG – [5]
    Spool; 3” wide, 0.75” internal, 3” flange
    Bifilar Coil, 850 turns (Longer coil = slower recharge between magnet pulse [4])
    #23 gauge “Power Coil” – Red in diagram
    #26 gauge “Trigger Coil” – Blue in diagram
    Two 12 V, 12 A batteries
    Single Neon Bulb
    Grain of Wheat bulb (for model train, smallest wattage avail)
    MJL 21194 or 2N 3055 Transistor
    1N 4007 Diode
    1N 4001 Diode
    100 Ohm / 0.5 Watt resistor
    1 kOhm variable resistor
    1/16” Copper Coated Lincoln R60 (or R45 [6])
    Twisted Bi-filar Coil, 18 AWG
    Ferrite C8 “3/8 x 1 x 15/8” North Poles Out, Matched Gauss Ratings

--- SCIENCE/REASONING ---

“you can't have an air core, because you need to charge the iron to trigger the transistors and cause rotation of the wheel” [1]

“When current appears, most of everything is being wasted” [2]

“Magnets are very important, No NEO magnets just because you think that is better, it's not. If you saturate the core material then to break away you must supply gobs of current in the system, if you do that you will not be able to do a COP of 1” [2]

“as far as rotor coil distance, you have to experiment.” [2]

"[Batteries] should be new ones ... Lead acid battery not sealed battery ...sealed battery take much more time and energy to get running" [6]

"MJL 21194 is better, higher radiant spikes, better COP!" [6]

"I've tried a steel wheel and an aluminum wheel...the only difference I noticed was "noise" when I hooked up my o-scope all kinds of weird noise could be seen on the monitor. [With] aluminum, it was a much cleaner signal, but the wheel speed didn't change." [6]

[1] http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...g-diagram.html
    [2] http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...e-magnets.html
    [3] http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...e-diagram.html
    [4] http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...coil-size.html
    [5] http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be...l-circuit.html
    [6] Comments from users below in reply to this post

----- -----

--- MY PERSONAL REASONING/QUESTIONS ---

1. The crucial ingredients seem to be the inductor/electromagnet coils, magnets, and welding rod core. What effect do each of these elements on the system?
    -- From inspection, inductors store energy in the magnetic field and generate magnetic fields. The welding rods would aid in this energy storage, and increase the resultant magnetic field. The welding rods also have an attractive force between them and the magnets, this accelerates and decelerates the wheel (The deceleration is apparently limited, or overcome.) The magnetic fields from the inductor coil would interact with the magnetic field from the magnet, as long as the magnet is in range of the coil's effects. Also, if the coil is not pulsed while the magnet passes over, there are inductive currents that result. Also, overpowering inductive systems result in a phase shift of current, the voltage appears across the inductor followed by a phase shifted current. I feel this may be at play as well.

2. John sometimes mentions a 'Scalar' North pole, which occurs when two north poles are pressed together
    -- This does not seem to be present in the SSG, unless the north pole of the inductor electromagnet is facing the north pole of the rotor magnet and is pulsed accordingly as well.

If anyone has explanations or clarifications to these above mentioned concepts it would be greatly appreciated.

--------------

If there is anything I'm missing, please let me know. I will amend this as more information is added/posted.

I will soon be attempting to build my first SSG, but to be honest, I feel quite queasy about the whole thing. I don't want to spend a bunch of money only to have an unworking project that I learned nothing from.

I would really like to see some direction on this forum, so others are free to experiment! Keep helping others and posting your knowledge!

Much love and admiration,
    --The CW.
    Last edited by the_CW; 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM.

buy the SG giude....
    Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

HI CW!
      Welcome to the club!

Advise with manual is good one!

Personally i can give following hints on Bedini machine:
      Two 12 V, 12 A batteries , they should be new ones, the best thing ask a man in the car shop, i think they new best, what you looking for is Lead acid battery not sealed battery(you can use sealed battery too but it will take much more time and energy to git it running)

Transistor: MJL 21194 is better, higher radiant spikes, better COP!

Coil core: 1/16” Copper Coated Lincoln R60 or R45

The rod should have following effects

“as far as rotor coil distance, you have to experiment.” [2]
      it should be 4 mm or 5 mm distance in my experience.
      Don't forget to put fan on wheel so you can use additional mechanical force, when the wheel start spinning!
      Wheel itself should be made from non magnetic material, aluminum is obvious choice.

Variable resistor: personally i use a very good variable resistor, a resistor were you can change resistance with 2 Ohm step.

ONCE AGAIN, IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU USE NEW BATTERY'S!!!!

One last important thing: okay you build the device it seems it works, take close look at power battery performance if your Amperage to power the system greater than 0,6Amper than you doing something wrong, because you can harm your power battery by wrong discharge.

Sweet spot: this is a point were most people not sure, i say it's point where you can get the better charging result's from charging you battery and in the same time lower discharge of power battery. You can measure the spinning of wheel, but it can be very different from one to another tests.
      Did i already mentioned to buy the Bedini book?
      Yes it can help you a lot!
      Last edited by BEDINSSGUKRAINE; 12-05-2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Wheel itself should be made from non magnetic material, aluminum is obvious choice.
        not necessarily, John Bedini's model has a steel rim bicycle wheel

John K.

Comment

i've tried a steel wheel and an aluminum wheel...the only difference I noticed was "noise" when I hooked up my o-scope all kinds of weird noise could be seen on the monitor. when i switched to aluminum, it was a much cleaner signal, but the wheel speed didn't change.

my 2 cents,

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Statass View Post
            i've tried a steel wheel and an aluminum wheel...the only difference I noticed was "noise" when I hooked up my o-scope all kinds of weird noise could be seen on the monitor. when i switched to aluminum, it was a much cleaner signal, but the wheel speed didn't change.

my 2 cents,

Ian
            Good info, thanks Ian

John K.

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far guys! I've edited the original post to include this info and look forward to more information -- please continue to post

I see the guide but I can't be certain about it's quality -- there's a lot of misinformation in this field of research and I haven't seen John endorse this anywhere -- it simply seems like a scam.

If someone can link me to John endorsing this, it would raise my interest, but otherwise I don't think I'll be purchasing.

I've seen a good number of the 'Energy from the Vacuum' series, I wish John went into further detail into the science of the device in the videos.
              I don't see how the device actually generates energy

1. The crucial ingredients seem to be the inductor/electromagnet coils, magnets, and welding rod core. What effect do each of these elements on the system?
              -- From inspection, inductors store energy in the magnetic field and generate magnetic fields. The welding rods would aid in this energy storage, and increase the resultant magnetic field. The welding rods also have an attractive force between them and the magnets, this accelerates and decelerates the wheel (The deceleration is apparently limited, or overcome.) The magnetic fields from the inductor coil would interact with the magnetic field from the magnet, as long as the magnet is in range of the coil's effects. Also, if the coil is not pulsed while the magnet passes over, there are inductive currents that result. Also, overpowering inductive systems result in a phase shift of current, the voltage appears across the inductor followed by a phase shifted current. I feel this may be at play as well.

2. John sometimes mentions a 'Scalar' North pole, which occurs when two north poles are pressed together
              -- This does not seem to be present in the SSG, unless the north pole of the inductor electromagnet is facing the north pole of the rotor magnet and is pulsed accordingly as well.

If anyone has explanations or clarifications to these above mentioned concepts it would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work, much love and admiration
              -- The CW
              Last edited by the_CW; 12-07-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Believer

Originally posted by the_CW View Post
                Thanks for the comments so far guys! I've edited the original post to include this info and look forward to more information -- please continue to post

I see the guide but I can't be certain about it's quality -- there's a lot of misinformation in this field of research and I haven't seen John endorse this anywhere -- it simply seems like a scam.

If someone can link me to John endorsing this, it would raise my interest, but otherwise I don't think I'll be purchasing.
                It would be a mistake to not purchase this book. You will find John's endorsementsment here:
                http://www.energyscienceforum.com/be....html#post4074

I've seen a good number of the 'Energy from the Vacuum' series, I wish John went into further detail into the science of the device in the videos.
                I don't see how the device actually generates energy

Most of this is answered in the book. The rest is knowlege gained from experimentation. Remember, this is mostly conventional EE, but there is some unconventional things that happen that are not directly measurable. Only through result testing can you see there is something more going on here.

Keep up the good work, much love and admiration
                -- The CW
                CW, a scalar north rotor will increase the efficiencies of the device and increase the charging power. However, my tests show this type of rotor completey changes the dynamics of the device. Spacing, tuning, and tolerances become critical, but once you get it.... John K probably has a few insights to share on this. The device you have listed parts for is a beginning device that will show you unique things that, once you build it, you must go on. No super poles(scalar north). Many have built variations only to be dissappointed. Buy the book, build by the book, and you will see what John has been saying for many years. I did.
                Good Luck,
                Randy
                Last edited by Tachyon Catcher; 12-07-2012, 09:33 PM.
                Imagination can take you to places of new posibilities. Without it, you go where others tell you as you know no difference.

Comment

Here you go:

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  @All,
                  First let me say that Peter and Aaron have my blessing on the beginners SG book as this explains everything that you must know about the SG. This book is something you must get if you are to build the correct working machine. All the circuits are approved by me and indorsed as being authentic in function. Peter and Aaron has done a wonderful job on this digital download.
                  John Bedini
                  Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Thanks for the info Randy and Aaron. I suppose now I have no choice but to buy the book.

@ Aaron, I would recommend a link to the source and a quotation on your site if you're trying to sell the book as a product endorsed by Bedini himself.

As always -- I will continue my work and post my results.

--CW

Comment

Working...
                    X