• Show
Clear All

• Test Unit update

Click image for larger version

Name:	test unit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	51454

Sketch of the test unit. Power source circuit components have been ordered, electrode materials have been ordered, buying the valves and looking to machine the housing next. Most likely going to build the first design out of clear material in order to confirm the presence of Electrochemical induced Hydride reaction, it'll be behind blast shielding just in case XD. Since the power source is going to be ultra-short pulse width HV- @ the resonance frequency of the electrodes, i've been wondering if a plastic, non-permeable material should be placed inbetween the electrodes, so as to prevent O2 diffusion to the negative channel, increasing the life-span of the negative electrode. We'l see if it's needed or not. The metal alloy arrived here safe and sound, will be picking it up in the morning tomorrow. First things first, i have to pulverize the alloy by activating it in a high-temperature H2 atmosphere and letting it cool in the atmosphere until below room temp. This will powderize the alloy and increase reactive surface area, doing this activation procedure two or three times at 0.9b and 300°C will allow the alloy to be useful in powder form. The alloy, all charged with hydrogen, is then ball milled and formed into an electrode on Ni mesh support. Dried under vacuum to cause the "discharging" of hydrogen from the alloy. Creating mesopores that maintain their structure once hardened. Depending on the binder used. The electrode is then ready for conditioning against a Ni mesh electrode unit the over-all cell resistance drops by 0.4-0.8+V with full water capacity. All this and more coming hopefully soon.

What do you think?

And, can anyone reading this help me by creating a digital improvement of this notebook sketch?
Working...
X