Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible correction needed

Possible correction needed
    I have a question Aaron. In The Complete Beginners Handbook page 46, it states "The Output Section of
    the circuit is shown in
    RED in this diagram.
    So, the collapsing of
    the magnetic field in
    the Main Coil (MC) is
    the power supply for
    the Output Section.
    With the Transistor (T)
    turned OFF, the only
    pathway left open is
    through Diode (D2)
    and around to charge
    up Capacitor (C).

The circuit shows me (D2) flowing away from (T). Which is it please. Opposite direction of arrow.

Thank you for your help

Please only post one thread instead of two to address the same question.

On page 44, you see the power cycle when the transistor is on. EMF moves from B1 positive thru coil, thru transistor and back to B1 negative. The current flows in the opposite direction.

The diagram on page 46 that you point to has the EMF discharge from the coil moving in the SAME direction as the power cycle. It goes from the collapsing magnetic field in the coil, through the diode, to the cap and back to the top side of the coil. The current moves in the opposite direction just like the power cycle and in the same direction.

Both EMF directions are moving counterclockwise.

Let me know if you have any questions.

That circuit is also a cap dump with a mechanical commutator. If you're new to this, the SSG circuit is recommended where the EMF goes from the coil, through diode, to positive of B2 and negative of B2 is connected to positive of B1. See the diagram at the bottom right of page 65. That is the simplest way to operate the SG while charging another battery. Cap dump has some advantages, but up to you which way you want to go.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I should have added more to clarify the question. I understand what's trying to be accomplished, the question refers to the direction the diode is pointing. Page 39 "Remarkably, the direction of flow of electricity through the Diode is in the
      opposite direction of this arrow.
      So, electron currents flow through the Diode in the
      opposite direction of the way the arrow is pointing."

Sorry about the dual post. I didn't know if the 1st one went through.

Comment

The current is heading away from the coil, through the diode, towards the capacitor, but the arrow on the diode shows the current going the other way? Or am I tripping?

Comment

Originally posted by holocaustbob View Post
          The current is heading away from the coil, through the diode, towards the capacitor, but the arrow on the diode shows the current going the other way? Or am I tripping?
          You are equating electricity with one thing - "electron current."

This common form of electricity is two things - one is polarized and condensed aether that flows over the wire from high to low and "potentializes" the electrons to flow in the opposite direction as it moves from a low to high potential. That aetheric flow is known in more conventional terms as the "Heaviside Flow" and is commonly called the EMF or electromotive force. The electron current has its source in the copper wire's 3rd electron field, which are loosely bound and are attracted to the positive charge of the "forward" moving EMF so this electron current moves in the opposite direction.

The high voltage "spike" from the collapsing magnetic field is EMF and is forward moving from the coil, through the diode, towards the capacitor (high to low potential).

The current then moves from the capacitor direction, through the diode and then towards the coil (low to high potential).

Both of these happen at the same time so to refer to electricity as just being the current is erroneous. So the current is not heading away from the coil, EMF is and EMF is not current. EMF could be considered a form of current but is not the electron current as in amperes that you are talking about. EMF is the potentiator of electron current.
          Last edited by Aaron Murakami; 08-27-2018, 02:12 AM.
          Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Took a little time, but I finally got it. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by holocaustbob View Post
              Took a little time, but I finally got it. Thank you
              Hi Holocaustbob,
              Just to add another aspect further to what Aaron explained so beautifully.. Just think over how a Diode as an electric dipole under Inductive action does the charging of a Battery or a Capacitor in terms of the direction of the Electricity flow we are taught in academics.the conventional flow and the electron current flow bear no logical explanation until the Radiant or Heaviside flow analogy (Counter Field current) is considered as actual.
              Rgds,
              Faraday88.
              'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Working...
              X