Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi Jules,

The main coil needs to have it's own FET for switching and the other four coils need a separate FET with the paralleled collection diodes attached. You don't want a collection diode attached to the drive winding of the master coil, as this will steal the pulse from the two isolated windings you want to harvest with the bridge diodes for " back popping" the run battery.
    Well it's more a case of when the other coils are attached to batteries the two back popping coils loose their HV but I think that amounts to the same thing and for the reason you state. So the attached circuit is a better option? I guess when you did this you had a separately triggered main coil too? Also both FETs would need to come on precisely together or that would interfere with the attracting forces on the rotor.

Jules
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JulesP; 09-24-2018, 08:41 AM.
    'Consciousness came First'

Comment

Hi Michael,

Sounds like a reasonable approach but first I would need to do what Gary suggests since the moment I connect the HV line from coils 3-7 to the drive or an additional battery, the back popping HV signal disappears.

When using the voltage drain on the drive battery to assess if it is being charged at all I would need to be on the flat part of the battery charge profile in order for it to be a fair test when done sequentially. Under load my drive battery is now about 11.7 which I'm guessing is starting to fall off the lower end. I'm assuming the 'flatest' part of the charging profile is between 12.0 and 12.8V when under load.

Jules
      Last edited by JulesP; 09-24-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Jules,

Let me ask a question. Since E=IxR and say your battery is .5 ohm what current is needed to see what voltage?

Comment

1 volt would require 2 A. Are you referring to the voltage drop from the internal resistance? I was addressing that my drive battery is getting flat from use with no charging and I might need to get it to a batter state of charge first.

Jules

Comment

Hi Jules,

Next question is if your oscilloscope is 1 Meg ohm what current is needed to see what voltage?

Your pulses are not going away they are being absorbed by the battery. It does not matter if it is the charging battery, back popping the drive battery, or both. That is why you need to check for charging, because you won't see them even if they are there, on the oscilloscope with the battery hooked up.

Michael

Comment

Hi Jules,

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
              Well it's more a case of when the other coils are attached to batteries the two back popping coils loose their HV but I think that amounts to the same thing and for the reason you state. So the attached circuit is a better option? I guess when you did this you had a separately triggered main coil too?

Jules
              That circuit looks good. I think it should work.

I only recently tried collecting the pulses from isolated windings and "back popping" a drive battery. I used a five filar litzed coil with three windings, each driven with their own individual transistor, and two isolated recovery windings in parallel for "back popping". I did this with a three battery "split the positive" set up where one battery is being charged and the other two are being discharged to run the system.

Here is a photo of what I did and a simplified schematic of the basic circuit, except I used hall switching instead of a trigger winding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Three Battery Supply.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	50038
              Last edited by Gary Hammond; 09-24-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Michael, are you saying that I don't need to separate the 3rd coil in the litzed set from the others with another FET and that it doesn't matter if that coil is connected to the three parallel diodes?

So is what's happening that the HV from coil 3 (the remaining one in the litzed set) is being absorbed by the drive or additional batteries and that stops coils 1&2 from producing their pulse which is intended for the drive battery? And so the only way to know if the back popping is delivering energy is to observe the battery voltage over time.

Jules
                Last edited by JulesP; 09-24-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Substantial setup

Gary,

Must weigh a lot!. I'm trying to keep my setup small but I see what your saying. If I am going to keep coils 1-3 separate then I might as well use all three as in attached.

Jules
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by JulesP; 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What I am saying is the voltage is being generated by the collapsing field of the coil and it will not necessarily be an even split on each leg. It will discharge the most through the leg with the least impedance, it just wants to collapse its field through the easiest means possible. It does not matter what circuit you use, what you see on the scope will be referenced to the same impedance mismatches with the scope.

Comment

Ok. Then to be sure that at least some energy goes to the drive battery I do need to have a separate feed circuit. As you mentioned a little while back I will need to 'play' with various options to see what makes the best use of the energy available. I had hoped that the two 'isolated' coils 1&2 would provide a separate HV output that would be uninfluenced by the action of the other HV line.

Regards,

Jules
                      Last edited by JulesP; 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Jules,
                        You are getting it. While these circuits seem very simple component wise, they are very complex electronically. There are a lot of different effects and each effects everything else in the circuit. The resistances, impedances, inductances, capacitances, frequencies, pulse widths, and timing in many aspects all are a balancing act which interact and each effects the output. This is both the strength and weakness of these circuits.

In my own mind this is what I think of as the Bedini effect - "Create the most different effects in a circuit with the fewest components" I don't know if anyone else thinks this way or agrees, it is just my own thinking.

We are working on the fringes of the electronic engineering model. That model is just that, a model and not an absolute truth. It is not wrong as it serves us very well in our day to day lives and just needs to be thought of as limited. Nothing we do is unknown to at least one or two branches of physics and included in their separate modeling. It just is not included in the engineering model that we normally use. Where I am going with this is you need to work with these circuits and become familiar with their effects so you can develop in your own mind a modified engineering model that lets you understand what is going on. I hope I have not just confused you too much.

Play, Experiment, Develop, Refine, and Learn. Most of all have some fun.

Michael

Comment

Well I like the esoteric so I have found a physical manifestation of it!

Jules

Comment

Hi Jules,

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
                            Gary,

................ If I am going to keep coils 1-3 separate then I might as well use all three as in attached.

Jules
                            I don't think that will work. You've gone back to short circuiting the coil top to bottom thru one of the diodes in the bridge. Just use one winding for a power winding and keep the other two separate (isolated) for the bridge like you had it in post 76.

Comment

Will do

Comment

Hi all, still running tests with my version, I'm back to the original configuration, just getting motive wheel rotation and keeping the batteries from losing any voltage overall.
                                I have noticed the base resistor and input amperage is important to keep within a certain range, otherwise, the batteries start to lose voltage.
                                Also, I just noticed the new video from patrick kelly, from the south african inventor, 'easy build solid state generator'.
                                Only odd thing about the circuit he shows is, the coil, when turned off, will create a short circuit through itself, unless something else happens I'm not aware of.
                                peace love light

Comment

Working...
                                X