"Enhanced Generator" from JPKBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
    Thanks Gary, That looks very interesting. Aaron says (underneath diagram) that he wouldn't really consider it but it seems like a way avoiding the push pull on the battery and making the battery last much longer. But it may make for some useful research and experimentation.

Jules
    Yes, the output sees the battery, but the battery does not see the output so the battery stays in discharge mode.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Some measurements

Hi Gary et al.,

My 'developer' friend in South Africa assures me that when the coil reverses its polarity as the HV pulse is generated, then the pulse can't be shorted through the coil in my setup as that part of the circuit becomes 'open circuit' for the duration due to the high inductance that the coils present to the rising edge of the pulse.

My circuit instantly charges a cap of 0.22uF (2000V) when the HV line is directed to it via a 9:1 potential divider indicating that it is reaching a voltage of about 550V (see HV Measurement pic). However, the peak spike voltage seems to be a little over 2,100V based on the scope diagnostics.

I will soon see how well it charges a second and third battery (Charging second battery pic) while the drive battery is disconnected from the HV. As for routing the HV back to the drive battery he says he experiences no issues with his generator although it may take a time to show up as a voltage rise on the battery. I will need to do a longer test when I return from my trip.

Regards,

Jules
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JulesP; 09-11-2018, 01:30 AM. Reason: More info
      'Consciousness came First'

Comment

Hi Jules,

...................... My circuit instantly charges a cap of 0.22uF (2000V) when the HV line is directed to it via a 9:1 potential divider indicating that it is reaching a voltage of about 550V (see HV Measurement pic). However, the peak spike voltage seems to be a little over 2,100V based on the scope diagnostics.

I will soon see how well it charges a second and third battery (Charging second battery pic) while the drive battery is disconnected from the HV. As for routing the HV back to the drive battery he says he experiences no issues with his generator although it may take a time to show up as a voltage rise on the battery. I will need to do a longer test when I return from my trip.

Regards,

Jules
        What you have shown in the attachments is the "drive battery is disconnected from the HV" and the HV line connected directly to a cap or secondary battery. This is the common ground mode (aka generator mode) of the two battery Bedini SSG system. And it does charge like crazy.

I think if you also hook the HV back up to the run battery at the same time, you will see the HV spikes disappear and the cap and/or secondary battery will not charge. This would be very easy to try and then report back what it does.
        Last edited by Gary Hammond; 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Comment

Hello Jules,

Glad to see that your progress is very positive. It rotates at good speed! It appears that the generator is running around 1000 RPM based on the screen shot numbers, nice! You should be able to tune it for your needs.

Gary is on topic with his observations.

Looking forward to the next round of results.
          Yaro
          Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Hi Gary and Yaro,

I have spent the last few days running tests with various battery configurations. I can confirm that the arrangement where the drive and external battery are connected with common ground results in neither battery charging. Does the common ground interfere with the way 'radiant' energy interacts with the batteries?

I am typing up the results and will post in a day or so - with a bunch of questions no doubt!

Jules

Comment

Hey Jules,

While you are typing the results, bear in mind, that the circuit should charge the secondary battery. For sure, something in the circuit is not correct. Doo-doo happens. Where this is propagated is the question.

Very easy to be off focus in these matters, the radiant question is just a diverting influence. My suggestion is to ignore this path for the time being and focus on making the machine work. Details later will come together later...

Experimentation is the art of ignoring the obvious,
              Yaro
              Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Hi all, I'm also testing this device, my variant is similar to the one patrick kelly suggested.
                peace love light

forgot to mention, I had to use a darlington pair of separate NPN transistors, as the trigger coil strand required a 68 ohm base resistor to give adequate transistor drive, now a 10 Kohm base resistor is used and it runs at a little better rpm's and draws .055 amps, previously with the single transistor was .11 amps input using a 12 volt tractor battery for input and the charge battery.

Last edited by SkyWatcher; 09-19-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                  Hi all, I'm also testing this device, my variant is similar to the one patrick kelly suggested.
                  peace love light

forgot to mention, I had to use a darlington pair of separate NPN transistors, as the trigger coil strand required a 68 ohm base resistor to give adequate transistor drive, now a 10 Kohm base resistor is used and it runs at a little better rpm's and draws .055 amps, previously with the single transistor was .11 amps input using a 12 volt tractor battery for input and the charge battery.

Hi,
                  Please try one single coil first to get an understanding of what is happning in the trigger circuit...by single coil i mean a 'Vanilla-coil' consisting of a power and a trigger strands alone.this a SSG set up.
                  we must learn to stand first before we can Learn to run!!
                  Rgds,
                  Faraday88.
                  'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
                    Hey Jules,

While you are typing the results, bear in mind, that the circuit should charge the secondary battery. For sure, something in the circuit is not correct. Doo-doo happens. Where this is propagated is the question.

Very easy to be off focus in these matters, the radiant question is just a diverting influence. My suggestion is to ignore this path for the time being and focus on making the machine work. Details later will come together later...

Experimentation is the art of ignoring the obvious,
                    Yaro
                    Hi Yaro,

There's no doo-doo here at the moment as the generator is working fine and charging secondary batteries as you will see when I post my findings later today. My previous post was in response to Gary's comment about charging in 'common ground' mode and I confirmed for that particular configuration in advance of sharing my results. As such my question about why this is so in 'common ground' mode stands.

Jules

Comment

Hi Skywatcher,

Good to see another embarked on replication and pushing out the boundaries in a particular direction. As you may have read in this thread, I could not get the inductive trigger method to work as the current was too small so I went for Hall switching. Been a fun learning curve! I'm not clear from your post if you have it working yet and delivering HV pulses to a chosen location?

Jules

Comment

First results

Hi all,

I now have the first results from this generator in a series of short (10min, 16min and one 60min) runs in various battery configurations and where D1 is the drive battery and C1-3 are additional secondary batteries. The aim here is to easily see which configurations allow for the charging of batteries and which don't and to determine the most effective use of the energy released by the generator's action. The results are displayed in the attached pdf table.

Going through each configuration:

Firstly, charging the drive battery alone seems quite inefficient as not only is the drive current the highest and the rpm lowest but so far there has been no obvious charging of the battery. Perhaps the issue is of how well a battery responds to being discharged and charged at the same time. I don't know why the battery in a car seems to manage as it is providing the energy for the ignition and accessories and being charged by the alternator at the same time but, maybe when the electrical energy is the 'positive' type this works ok. If that's the case then perhaps an adjustable capacitor charging and discharge circuit would improve matters as the capacitor 'converts' the radiant energy into 'positive' electricity before transferring it to the drive battery.

Secondly, charging external batteries in series while the drive battery is disconnected from the HV works very well and occurred for one, two and three batteries and presumably would do for more so long as the combined battery voltage is less than the 550V available from the HV line. It is noticeable that when one battery alone is being charged then its voltage goes up to 16.8V quite quickly whereas when there are two or more the change is much less. So is there only a given amount of 'radiant' energy that is being shared amongst all the batteries such that one has to choose between having one battery charged quickly or 2/3 batteries charged more slowly? The downside of this setup is that eventually the drive battery will go flat and ideally a battery switching system will be required.

Thirdly, charging the drive battery and an external one in a common ground arrangement (possibly the same configuration as the Bedini 'Common ground or Generator mode') resulted in low rpm and a deficit in both batteries which is puzzling. Does the common ground earth the incoming energy?

Lastly, charging both the drive and additional batteries in series with the HV line produced clear charging of the additional batteries, over 10 and 60 mins, but again the drive battery ended up in a lower state of charge.

From these observations some questions arise:
                        1. Why isn't the drive battery apparently receiving any charging in any of the arrangements where it is connected to the HV line?
                        2. Why is it that the highest rpm, and hence pulse frequency, occurs with the lowest drive currents? This is interesting since one would expect that with less current the coil magnetic fields will be less and the rotor acceleration at each coil position also reduced.
                        3. When charging in series mode (Arrangements 2 & 4) is one sharing out a specific amount of 'radiant' energy amongst the number of batteries or does having additional batteries provide a 'better' pathway and a wider channel for even more 'radiant' energy to emerge from the vacuum?

From these observations there appears to be no advantage to charging additional batteries in arrangement 2 over arrangement 4 (no HV to drive battery and all batteries in series) so in practice a preference may be down to simple logistics.

The way ahead would seem to be either to run with two batteries and install a battery swapping system and/or install a capacitive charging and discharging unit to make even better use of the 'radiant' energy and to convert it to its 'positive' form prior to delivery to the battery.

Well there you have it, my first batch of tests and I look forward to your comments and thoughts re the questions.

Jules
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, Hi jules, yes I have it working, have built a few bedini wheels previously.
                          It worked with a single transistor, though the base resistor required was too low a resistance, because of the low signal problem.
                          So I'm using an NTE331 and TIP3055 in a darlington configuration, it is working good for now.
                          Using arrangement 2, as shown in your pdf, 12 volt tractor batteries.
                          Still testing.
                          peace love light

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have the other 3 coils in series with the primary coil of the bifilar.
                          Last edited by SkyWatcher; 09-20-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hi Jules,

First a car battery does not charge and discharge at the same time. The battery acts as the source to start the car then when the car starts the alternator takes over providing a voltage higher than the standing voltage of the battery therefore providing the circuits of the car and a float charge to the battery. You could think of it as the battery becomes a load in parallel to the cars circuits and the alternator is the source.

My guess why you get better charging and higher speed with a lower drive current is that you are driving your coils past the saturation point for your particular coils. You want the coils to operate just under the saturation point, any current applied beyond the saturation point puts a drag on your system and wastes energy. I am curious, looking at your pictures, are you using air core coils?

I like that you showed your results in a chart with the diagrams underneath, but would like to make a suggestion. It would be helpful, at least to me, if you would put the arrangement number in the comment section for each test.

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael

Thanks for explanation of car battery and alternator.

I’m using solid bright steel bars for the cores that seem to work well enough even if there are some eddy currents. I have actually built in a potentiometer into the coil circuit so that I can add some resistance to the current flowing in them and of course adding more resistance slows the rotor down. However if I set it at the minimum current for the maximum speed then that should save energy.

Have you any thoughts as to why I’m not getting any charging of the drive battery in any configuration? Here is the revised data with Arrangement No in the right margin.

Jules
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by JulesP; 09-20-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Jules,

Hi Michael

Thanks for explanation of car battery and alternator. .................. Have you any thoughts as to why I’m not getting any charging of the drive battery in any configuration? Here is the revised data with Arrangement No in the right margin.

Jules
                                Michael is exactly right in his explanation of the car battery and alternator.

The reason arrangement 1 and arrangement 3 don't work is because the diodes are connected directly between the two ends of the coils as I previously pointed out. And arrangement 2 charges best because this actually is the two battery common ground circuit .

Arrangement 4 also works well because it is the conventional two battery Bedini method of radiantly charging secondary batteries with them being in series with the diodes between the bottom and top of the coils.

The only way to charge the primary run battery is by using only the two isolated windings in the main run coil with bridge diodes connecting them back to the run battery.

Comment

Working...
                                X