Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: "Enhanced Generator" from JPKBook

Measuring the HV current on the Solid State generator

Hi all,

I am close to starting to make output power measurements as a function of oscillator frequency in my solid state generator. Before I do that I have prepared two devices that will help me make various measurements; one is a adjustable potential divider for safely measuring the HV pulses on a scope and the other is a 1 Ohm resistor to enable me to view the 'hot' current aspect of the HV pulses. The photos shows the latter connected up and a scope trace of the voltage across the resistor.

John Koorn, if you are reading, this I would appreciate some interpretation of the scope trace as you have quite a bit of experience doing this type of measurement. The image is of course frozen but in real time it was jumping all about and not a nice stable waveform.

Regards,

Jules
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jules,

Where is the 1 ohm resistor placed in the circuit?

Regards,

John K.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Jules,

Where is the 1 ohm resistor placed in the circuit?

Regards,

John K.
    As per the attached. Between the bottom of the coils and the battery.

Jules

Resistor Position.jpg

Hi Jules,

I'm not sure why you're seeing spikes going both positive and negative on the scope. I also can't understand why the level of the pulses is not regular (as in my scope pics).

In the picture of your setup I can see red wires going to your batteries, so it kind of looks like the shunt resistor is in parallel with the batteries (which also look to be in parallel). That looks different to your last picture of where the shunt is in the circuit.

John K.

HV Current Measurement

Quote Originally Posted by John_Koorn View Post
    Hi Jules,

I'm not sure why you're seeing spikes going both positive and negative on the scope. I also can't understand why the level of the pulses is not regular (as in my scope pics).

In the picture of your setup I can see red wires going to your batteries, so it kind of looks like the shunt resistor is in parallel with the batteries (which also look to be in parallel). That looks different to your last picture of where the shunt is in the circuit.

John K.
    Hi John,

Yes there are connections to the other set of batteries but my swapper system, and the large relay you can see on its side, isolate one set at a time to be charged. Also at this moment I only have the one battery in each set connected so am running the system on 12V and not 36V. To check I disconnected the other positive lead to the right hand battery as seen in the picture you referred to and it made no difference. I made a 7 sec video of the scope trace which shows this jumping around and I have no idea what is causing this and why I have both negative and positive spikes.

The video is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87u5yw3vte...ement.MOV?dl=0

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jules