Using a Hall sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gary,

That all sounds reasonable and that explains why my diodes are getting a little warm. So can I just reverse the diodes to correct that or will that cause a short during the rest of the cycle. Failing that I was thinking about charing a capacitor (as in the SG, but using a timer circuit to discharge that every second or so. A mechanical switch will add friction to the rotor and the electronic version could be finely adjustable. If you think that would be kinder to the battery as after all, the SG design charges a capacitor first so there must be some advantage to doing that. I will draw up something and run it past you.

Kind regards,

Jules
    Last edited by JulesP; 09-07-2018, 08:56 AM.
    'Consciousness came First'

Comment

Hi Jules,

Originally posted by JulesP View Post
      ............That all sounds reasonable and that explains why my diodes are getting a little warm. So can I just reverse the diodes to correct that or will that cause a short during the rest of the cycle.
      Jules
      Don't do that! The diodes are correct. If you reverse them, it will cause a direct short through them and the FET directly back to the battery! Lots of fireworks!

Since we've moved on beyond hall triggering, I think we need to take this discussion over to the other thread ("Enhanced Generator" from JPKBook).

I'll respond to the rest of your guestions over there.

Comment

Working...
      X