Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuis View Post
    Hi Aaron,

I wasn't going in that direction as others including John Bedini have proven its more efficient in attraction.

It takes a lot of effort to change the machine around in that configuration and my pile of blown MJL's is building up already....

I'm more focused on magnet configurations and outputs with attraction mode as one of the few proven standards.

So to recap i've fixed the wheel size, coil configuration and airgap for now.
    I have stayed at 12V just due to the power this thing is poducing, not because I dont want to go higher just too scared.
    If you do get around to it, you can keep the circuit the same and just put on a wheel with the magnets flipped and that's it.
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

The magnets are glued inside the holders and are not interchangable.
      Is there any merit you can see in repulsion mode?
      Cant spend it when your dead.

Comment

The magnets are glued inside the holders and are not interchangable.
        Is there any merit you can see in repulsion mode?
        Yes, it works, but just not as well.

In repulsion mode, when the coil charges and bucks against a permanent magnet of the same polarity, that is a loss that you never get back.

With attraction mode, that loss is avoided, you get higher speeds with less draw. It is significant enough to go with attraction mode, especially with your quality of build and results you are already getting, my personal opinion is that if you made an extra wheel for attraction mode, you may see some significant gains.

After we started to do everything in attraction mode, we never used repulsion mode again.
        Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

I have removed the scalar wheel and replaced with an identical North out wheel.

18 Magnets with 8 x 18ga x 8 filar coils.
          Generator Mode
          10 ohm trigger
          128 hz Single pulse mode.
          230V peaks at 5V scale on scope.
          1.8A per coil
          430 RPM
          Air Gap 12mm (scalar magnets 25mm larger diameter wheel)

I replaced a cluster of diodes with one 150A diode to better handle generator mode. (7 x 6A didodes were running about 90C)

Primary Draw after 1 hr battery was at 12.049 indicating that it has used around 9ah max.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Primary Draw1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	50032

Secondary discharged 45.6ah.

Name:	Secondary draw.JPG
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	50033

Next up is radiant mode at 12mm, then ill move the air gap to 6mm and do direct comparisons with the scalar wheel.

*this is a severe outlier, not sure it can be trusted.
          Last edited by Deuis; 09-21-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

*this is a severe outlier, not sure it can be trusted.
            This outlier nearly broke the sound barrier - but then again, it may also be on the low side...

Nice work JD,
            Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

I've completed the North only seperate wheel.
              Doing some testing with the wheel a 9mm airgap has the best results.

Name:	Air gap.JPG
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	50040

Comment

Testing the north out wheel has varied results.
                Primary draw has been fairy constant which has been good at an estimated 4-4.5ah.
                Secondary output has been all over the place without rhyme or reason.

Name:	Chart.JPG
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	50041

Comment

...Secondary output has been all over the place without rhyme or reason.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7133[/ATTACH]
                  My experience with radiant over the years has been that it modifies the secondary battery's (batteries') performance/discharge curve. The batteries become, in a sense, addicted to the radiant charge. This radiant charge appears to modify and push the Ah capacity to a higher level, though a higher charge voltage level is required to give comparable results. This may be the case in this instance.

Some maintain that a constant radiant charge regime ruins the battery, however the astute experimenter will note a shift in the overall Ah discharge curve. The max charge voltage value will increase slowly to over 16 v. Charging the end battery in this mode will then yield inconsistent results when the charge voltage is abruptly cut off well below the modified max voltage value.

Perhaps you are aware of this funky radiant/battery behavior, if so just ignore my meanderings above.

As per Mr. Murphy, there also may be some other issues that are helping to create this inconsistency...
                  Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Yaro1776 View Post
                    My experience with radiant over the years has been that it modifies the secondary battery's (batteries') performance/discharge curve. The batteries become, in a sense, addicted to the radiant charge. This radiant charge appears to modify and push the Ah capacity to a higher level, though a higher charge voltage level is required to give comparable results. This may be the case in this instance.

Some maintain that a constant radiant charge regime ruins the battery, however the astute experimenter will note a shift in the overall Ah discharge curve. The max charge voltage value will increase slowly to over 16 v. Charging the end battery in this mode will then yield inconsistent results when the charge voltage is abruptly cut off well below the modified max voltage value.

Perhaps you are aware of this funky radiant/battery behavior, if so just ignore my meanderings above.

As per Mr. Murphy, there also may be some other issues that are helping to create this inconsistency...
                    A rest time to the batteries(periods between charge -use -rest- charge -use) also seem to alter the battery in constructive sense.
                    Rgds,
                    Faraday88.
                    'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

I put a super capacitor across the primary to help it out a bit.
                      The primary drew more power but im guessing this is because the machine can actually draw as much as it wishes now.
                      I will replace it with an electrolytic type to get rid of the balancing circuitry in the super cap.
                      Secondary discharge was again inconsistant ruling out the primary source as the issue.

Name:	res.JPG
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	50042

Name:	ff.JPG
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	50043
                      12.15V
                      Last edited by Deuis; 09-28-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Hi JD,

Quick question - after the above individual tests were the resting voltages for the charged secondary batteries the same value or were there marked differences?
                        Last edited by Yaro1776; 09-29-2018, 04:36 AM. Reason: clarification
                        Yaro

Comment

Yaro,

I dont really have specific resting data but I can give you starting voltages of the load test.
                          I havent focused on battery chemistry yet.

Starting voltages are as follows.
                          1. 11.524, 4.553ah

Name:	Secondary.JPG
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	50044
                          2. 11.781, 3.736ah

Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	50045
                          3. 11.6, 7.32ah

Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	50046

Comment

Some more data.
                            Im running the machine at about 3.3ah.
                            First secondary discharge was 4.43ah.
                            Second discharge was 7.32ah while running 3 generator coils lighting up 120 LED's.

I'm doing some more testing with generator coils with some positive results.
                            Anyone out there with a good generator coil and specs to share?

Comment

23awg 8 filar coil.
                              2 Transistors for 4 drive coils.
                              1 diode for 4 recovery coils.
                              Load 20 LED's 3.5w @24V
                              12mm air gap.

Parallel Recovery windings.
                              Transistor on capacitor is at 54.2V Open circuit.
                              Transistor off capacitor is at 19.6 Open circuit.
                              When transistors are firing the wheel speeds up 3rpm. maintains 9.9V across LED's. (not bright)

Series Recovery windings.
                              Transistor on - capacitor is 113V Open circuit.
                              maintains 24V across 20 LED's.
                              Transistor off - Capacitor 48.8V Open
                              9.8V across LEDS.

Reverse Polarity series recovery windings.
                              Transistor on - cap is 68.6V Open.
                              Maintains 18.8V across LED's under load.
                              Transistor off - Cap 30.2V Open
                              10V across white LEDS.

Parallel series combination Recovery windings.
                              Transistor on - Cap 88.4V
                              Maintains 17V across white leds under load

Transistor off - Cap 36.7V
                              maintains 7.9V across white leds under load.

Having the recovery windings inside the drive coils leads to a far higher flux exposure than just the direct generator coil.
                              3 generator coils of identical windings with a 2mm air gap was able to light the LED's to 24V.
                              This also lost 70 of 530rpms.
                              I have not determined how much power has made the secondary battery.
                              Last edited by Deuis; 10-30-2018, 02:15 AM.

Comment

18 coil machine, 18 magnet wheel.
                                9 coils 8 filar 18ga.
                                9 coils 8 filar 23ga.
                                The 23ga coils have 4 wires ssg and 4 wires as generator coils in series harvesting the inductive collapse.

Name:	index.JPG
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	50084

Name:	indd.JPG
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	50085

The generators parallel (32 wires) were putting out 75V peaks into a cap bank which i used various loads to monitor how the machine reacted.
                                Maximum speed no load was about 540rpms.
                                Maximum speed short circuit was 511rpms.
                                Maximum speed at maximum output of 20W was 516rpms.
                                So for a loss of 23rpms I could power 20W of loads with little change in Secondary charge.

Just for laughts i changed over to generator mode running 96 wires and bashed out 252% into the secondary.
                                Backed that up this morning with 294% output. 3.5ah draw primary. 10.3ah draw secondary.
                                as expected i was unable to harvest from the gen coils in generator mode.
                                Last edited by Deuis; 01-05-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X