Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep that's it.

Comment

Thanks. I'd imagined an X going between the 2 sets in series as well, so I'm glad it turns out to be simpler.

So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s).

The cap dump circuit also eliminates the neon bulbs that were protecting the transistors in case the BEMF and radiant spikes didn’t go through the diodes to the charge batt. as planned.

Apparently the BEMF and radiant spikes encounter less resistance jumping over to (being induced into) the recovery coil and going out that way instead of out the bottom of the main coil, through the (now unprotected) transistors to the run battery, but is there any chance of that happening (frying the transistors in the process)?

If so, can I leave the neons in place to guard against it?

So in general, as long as we provide a low resistance exit route, back EMF and radiant will take it, even if it means jumping from one wire to another (induction), right?
      And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmor View Post
        Thanks. I'd imagined an X going between the 2 sets in series as well, so I'm glad it turns out to be simpler.

So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s).

The cap dump circuit also eliminates the neon bulbs that were protecting the transistors in case the BEMF and radiant spikes didn’t go through the diodes to the charge batt. as planned.

Apparently the BEMF and radiant spikes encounter less resistance jumping over to (being induced into) the recovery coil and going out that way instead of out the bottom of the main coil, through the (now unprotected) transistors to the run battery, but is there any chance of that happening (frying the transistors in the process)?

So in general, as long as we provide a low resistance exit route, back EMF and radiant will take it, even if it means jumping from one wire to another (induction), right?
        And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?
        Hi Cmor,
        The neon is required always.. it clamps the transistors Collector/Emmitter Voltage at 90V approximately. yes in a way with the Capacitor Charging added making it a SG the rate of change of the (dv/dt) Spike is slower, so it makes it less prone to damages. But hold your horses! if the 90V excess with a Capacitor charged having a capacitance high enough is your circuit.. it may even explode the devices (Transistors/Diodes ect.) using the neon plasma as the trigger path.
        The Radiant is opposite to the Conduction Electricity it takes high-resistance path as its conductance, while it evokes from the low resistance nodes.
        Please read Peters FESCE Book to get a feel of this kind of Electricity.
        Thank you,
        Best Regards,
        Faraday88.
        'Wisdom comes from living out of the knowledge.'

Comment

Hi Cmor,

I understand that John used 4 capacitors and that they were connected both in series and parallel.
          I can understand one or the other, but don't know how to hook them up both ways.
          Can someone explain this?
          I don't know where you got the idea that John hooked up 4 capacitors in a combined series/parallel arrangement for his cap discharge comparator? What he used in his commercially available model was 4 large capacitors in parallel (15,000 mfd by 80 volts each as I recall) to give a total of 60,000 mfg at 80 volts. Here's a picture of it from TeslagenX. This is the unit he used in his "Energy From The Vacuum" videos.

There is more than one way to hook capacitors in a series/parallel arrangement to achieve different results, but that's not what John did in the above example.

Comment

Hi Cmor,

................So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s). .................................................. ..........And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?
            Forget about the BMEF (back electromotive force) as it always works against you at a lower voltage than the applied voltage. It is caused by the inductive reactance (impedance) of the coil working against any change in current flow. The radiant electricity (voltage spike), however, appears during the rapid collapse of the electromagnetic field around the coil. This high voltage radiant event is what we went to capture and use.

Yes. Leave the neons across each transistor of each power winding for added circuit protection. Just remove the 2n4007 collection diodes from each power winding left in the circuit.

Comment

Hi Faraday and Gary,

Thanks. I'll be away for a few days without internet access - will reply when I return.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks Gary.

I got the idea from Aaron. In answering one of my posts over at Energetic Forum about the capacitors, he said..."80v 15k uf is the exact cap John uses in his larger cap dump circuits. 4 of them to be exact - in series and parallel."

Comment

Hi Faraday,

Good to know I can keep the neon's. I didn't see them in the schematic so I thought they'd been omitted.
                  I don't know enough about electricity, etc. to follow everything you're saying. What do you mean in saying "If the 90V excess....is your circuit"? And though I don't yet understand, what stops that potential problem from occurring?
                  Also, I need to read, but you say the radiant takes high-resistance path as it's conductance. Are you saying it tends to travel along pathways offering higher resistance?

Comment

Hi Faraday,

Good to know I can keep the neon's. I didn't see them in the schematic so I thought they'd been omitted.
                    I don't know enough about electricity, etc. to follow everything you're saying. What do you mean in saying "If the 90V excess....is your circuit"? And though I don't yet understand, what stops that potential problem from occurring?
                    Also, I need to read, but you say the radiant takes high-resistance path as it's conductance. Are you saying it tends to travel along pathways offering higher resistance?
                    Hi Cmor,
                    On a lighter note.. it is good if you know nothing because that is when you are open to what comes to you naturally through tinkering and experimentation and mimicking the Nature.. and more so with Electricity in particular it is a beauty of its kind.. it teaches you to study it understand it and then evolve with what is more in store to know it closely.. ect.
                    ok next, about your question on the neon.. yes it conducts (Glow-Discharge) at 90V typically, when that happens it clamps the Voltage across the Transistor from rising any further and hence protect it. Yes you are right and got it correct it does follow high-resistance quite opposite to normal or Hot-electricity which follows a path of least resistance. or to be more precise Cold -Electricity/Radiant Electricity/Negative Energy evokes or say Manifests itself from path or Node of high-Resistance. There is no 'Flow' analogy to it like the ordinary Electricity or Current Electricity.
                    Best Regards,
                    Faraday88.

Comment

Originally posted by Faraday88 View Post
                      Hi Cmor,
                      On a lighter note.. it is good if you know nothing...

Yes...it does follow high-resistance quite opposite to normal or Hot-electricity which follows a path of least resistance. or to be more precise Cold -Electricity/Radiant Electricity/Negative Energy evokes or say Manifests itself from path or Node of high-Resistance. There is no 'Flow' analogy to it like the ordinary Electricity or Current Electricity.
                      Best Regards,
                      Faraday88.
                      I'm with you on the tremendous benefits of beginning by "knowing nothing" (beginner's mind in Zen). That allows us to see freshly, be humble and make our own discoveries. In my case though, I want to have enough theoretical understanding to build the circuit, not destroy components and not get electrocuted, so I have to oscillate between theory and discovery.

I'm confused about the radiant. You say the radiant electricity doesn't flow, but isn't it a pressure wave that moves (flows?) longitudinally?

You say radiant manifests from path or node of high resistance. In this circuit I think there's more resistance going through the transistor to the run battery than going through the recovery coil to the capacitor. Why does the radiant go to the capacitor instead of the run battery?

Comment

I'm with you on the tremendous benefits of beginning by "knowing nothing" (beginner's mind in Zen). That allows us to see freshly, be humble and make our own discoveries. In my case though, I want to have enough theoretical understanding to build the circuit, not destroy components and not get electrocuted, so I have to oscillate between theory and discovery.

I'm confused about the radiant. You say the radiant electricity doesn't flow, but isn't it a pressure wave that moves (flows?) longitudinally?

You say radiant manifests from path or node of high resistance. In this circuit I think there's more resistance going through the transistor to the run battery than going through the recovery coil to the capacitor. Why does the radiant go to the capacitor instead of the run battery?
                        Hi Cmor,
                        I wish i could really really explain the detailed intricacies of the Science behind this, however i strongly suggest that you read Peter's FESCE first and get a feel of it first hand, and that way it will encourage you to do the tinkering... im told that this forum is primarily for building guideline and less of Theoretical approach. nontheless i will always want to guide whatever be it!
                        Rgds,
                        Faraday88.

Comment

Hi Faraday88,

Thanks for pushing me to read that book. I will and I'm sure I'll be glad I did.

In the meantime... I'll soon have the parts to construct the Mosfet based cap discharge.

Apart from the photo Gary posted showing the TeslagenX version of the comparator cap dump, can anyone share photos of a Mosfet based cap dump? At my stage pictures help as much as schematics. Or if not photos, any tips/advice about building it?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

Apart from the photo Gary posted showing the TeslagenX version of the comparator cap dump, can anyone share photos of a Mosfet based cap dump? At my stage pictures help as much as schematics. Or if not photos, any tips/advice about building it?
                            There have been a lot of previous posts and a few threads on this subject. Here are some of them. Enjoy.

14 pages worth here. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=999

I built (with a slight modification) the "Bedini Inverted Cap Pulser with Schmitt Trigger" posted by Nityesh Schnaderbeck in post #106 on page 11 of the thread I just linked to above. Here is the schematic.

And here is a picture of the completed device that I included in post #8 of the thread Gary's "Complete Advanced" SSG Build linked here. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...8213#post18213

Last edited by Gary Hammond; 08-29-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary,

I made a mistake in my post. I'm actually looking for pictures of a 555 controlled Mosfet cap dump, based more or less on the schematic on page 47 of the intermediate handbook (the older version I have anyway) - instead of a cap dump controlled by a comparator. I read that thread though and got some good clues out of it, thanks. And in the few late night forum reading binge sessions I've got in so far, I see that using a comparator seems to be the preferred way to control a cap dump and I haven't seen any threads about using the 555 chip circuit.

I ordered the parts for building the 555 controlled dump simply because it's what Peter was recommending in the version of the handbook I have (apart from buying one of John's pre-made potted cap dump circuits). Aaron also suggested it may be easier to start with.

What do you think about the 555 version? Any tips/tricks/pics/warnings/recommendations about doing it?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

Thanks Gary, ..............................What do you think about the 555 version? Any tips/tricks/pics/warnings/recommendations about doing it?
                                I first built the 555 controlled cap dump from the Intermediate Handbook using the "uncorrected" schematic first published. I used two mosfets in the circuit. It worked, but charged the battery very slowly. I couldn't find my old posts on it, but here is a link to my album of it. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/album.php?albumid=52
                                After I built a much better SSG it blew out the FETs a couple of times, so then made a new cap dump using the circuit I posted above. It has a comparator and 4 FETs.

If you build the 555 based cap dump be sure to use the "corrected" schematic provided by RS. And use enough FETs to handle whatever total capacitance you are dumping. I had 66,000 uf's and wound up using 4 FETs in my comparator version. The two FETs in my first one wasn't enough for the 66,000 uf's.

And for what it's worth, my SSG charges better in straight "generator mode" (aka common ground mode) than it does with the cap dump I built!

Comment

Working...
                                X