Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Micheal and Cmor,

energy REGAUGED BY THE FIRST SECONDARY BATTERY
    In my opinion this is not a matter of regauging, but an issue of the energy being actually converted to something a slightly different form.
    REGAUGING is one of those mystical terms that people use without really knowing what it means. I'm not sure I know what it means either. BUT, Peter Lindemann used the term (speaking at a conference in front of John Bedini) to refer to the capture and then reuse of the same electricity again (more than once and/or over and over). This happens whenever and however we reclaim the electricity that is normally used only once (standard practice).

The quality of electricity, and the terms negative electricity and positive electricity are something else which I for one don't understand?

However, Aaron explained the difference between cold electricity and hot electricity at one conference that made a lot of sense to me. He described cold electricity as current doing work with no voltage and/or voltage doing work with no current. Hot electricity is when both current and voltage are present and doing work, like in a resistor. Watts = Amps x Volts

Comment

Hi Gary,

That makes total sense, I forgot about the clamp side of those terminals.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts.
        I should have tried that while I've been waiting for my parts to arrive to make the cap dump.
        Now they're here though and I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. And of course once I change the SG output from radiant energy to a cap dump, it will no longer be possible to do that experiment with the batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmor View Post
          Hi John,

I'm not ready to build my "next" cap dump, since I haven't even built the first one, but...planning ahead for when I do, does TeslagenX sell matched Mosfet's in addition to the matched BJT's?
          Hi Cmor, no - not that I'm aware of.

John K.

Comment

Hi guys,

I had a bunch of unexpected delays (including my laptop dying) and am just now getting back on track.

A quick question. The schematic shows a diode between the top of the power windings/battery positive and the 555 chip. Do all the power windings go through one diode or is there a separate diode for each winding?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

Hi guys, ...........A quick question. The schematic shows a diode between the top of the power windings/battery positive and the 555 chip. Do all the power windings go through one diode or is there a separate diode for each winding?
              All the power windings connect to the primary battery positive. There is only one diode between the 555 chip and the primary battery positive.

Comment

Hi Gary,
                Thanks.

I’m assuming the battery is never the source of current to the 555 chip, but that instead it's powered by current from the power windings (produced by the approach of each magnet). Is that right?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

Hi Gary,
                  Thanks.

I’m assuming the battery is never the source of current to the 555 chip, but that instead it's powered by current from the power windings (produced by the approach of each magnet). Is that right?
                  NO! The 555 is powered by the primary battery.

Comment

Thanks Gary.

I'll confess, originally I thought it was the battery, but then I checked the max. supply current on the 555 datasheet and it was only 200 uA, not 100's of amps like the battery can deliver. But... I also read "HIGH INPUT IMPEDANCE : 10 Ω", and thought maybe that drops the amps down enough.

But...being a beginner (posting on the intermediate forum because cap dumps aren't a beginner topic) without a good grasp on current direction, I thought, if battery current flows from - to + perhaps it's not the source (though I also couldn't see a return path from the power windings).

Lots of room for error at my level.

So how is it that the battery doesn't cook the 555?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

I checked the max. supply current on the 555 datasheet and it was only 200 uA, not 100's of amps like the battery can deliver.
                      Check again. It's 200 ma, not 200ua. And it also says the following.
                      The output circuit is capable of sinking or sourcing current up to 200 mA. Operation is specified for supplies of
                      5 V to 15 V.
                      So how is it that the battery doesn't cook the 555?
                      The battery, at only 12.0 to 13.0 volts, is less than the 15 volt max supply voltage for the device. The output current of the device is controlled by the load (resistance) applied to it.

I=E/R P=EI

Comment

Thanks, that helps.

Is the current powering the 555 flowing from the battery’s positive to negative post, or the reverse?

What is the function of the capacitor after the diode, before the chip?

Comment

Hi Cmor,

Thanks, that helps.

Is the current powering the 555 flowing from the battery’s positive to negative post, or the reverse?

What is the function of the capacitor after the diode, before the chip?
                          The "conventional" or Heavyside flow is from positive to negative. The "electron" current flow is from negative to positive.

I'm not sure the diode and capacitor are even really needed. I think they are there to filter out any voltage fluctuations or spikes from affecting the 555 input voltage.

Comment

Guys, this is Darren Parrish, I haven't posted much since long before the forum changed. Like everyone else here, I can't explain how bad it is that we lost John. I really wanted to make it to one of his rally's before but never had the money to make it there. Any way, I'm back in the game now and I've made a couple of simple circuits that I have questions about. And I would like to either hear from Tom C or John K if possible. Oh, BTW, I first apologize for posting this on the wrong place or whatever but as I said, I haven't been on here in a while and I'm not real familiar with how to post properly and I need help getting back into the swing of things. I made the very first ssg with only one battery and my resistor got hot no matter what resistor i used. It was 1/4w resistors so I got a 15w per resistor with a large aluminum heatsink and it still got hot so I sat that project on the back burner for a bit. It ran and didn't blow so it still works. I built a solidstate with a transistor a 2k,10k and 18k resistor and a trifilalar coil, except I left the cap dump end off and replaced it with a charge battery to simplify my first attempt at the circuit to be sure I get it right. You know, baby steps. Anyway, again, the 2k 2w resister gets hot. What am I doing wrong. Or is it right and the parts aren't large enough?

Comment

I have a pic of the latter circuit but dont know how to post it to show you my build.

Comment

Hi All,

I’m in the process of building the 555 cap dump circuit, like Cmor, from page 47 of the Intermediate handbook. And have a couple of questions still.

Question 1: Removing diodes
                                Regarding your (Gary) post #20:

Yes. Leave the neons across each transistor of each power winding for added circuit protection. Just remove the 2n4007 collection diodes from each power winding left in the circuit.
                                Do you mean I have to remove the 1n4007 diodes from my circuit board? As indicated in image 2 of the attachment?
                                Or was this only applicable for the schematic with the separate output winding as in image 1 of the attachment?
                                In the Intermediate handbook I’ve not read anything about removing diodes? (in you post you wrote 2n4007, but I assume you meant 1n4007?)

Question 2: MOSFETS
                                Regarding your (Gary) post #33:

I just go by what John Bedini did. He used 4 "matched" FETs to dump 60,000 uf of 80 volt capacitors. So that would be one FET for each 15,000 uf. Each dump is well over 100 amps at that capacitance level. If I hold a magnet next to the leads from the cap dump to the charge battery on mine, each discharge pulse will strongly pull the magnet in my hand!
                                2a: The IRFP260 MOSFETS I have selected at the moment can handle a max of 50A. So if they are unmatched, the first MOSFET that triggers will burn out pretty quick if the amperage goes over 100A as you write…
                                So if the discharge would take place very fast (see calculations in question 2c.), what would be the point of using more MOSFETS if they are not matched, if they first one would get the majority of the amperage (and thus burn out)?

2b: How can I match MOSFETS / how did you solve this? Did you buy IRFP260 MOSFETS that can candle 100A+?
                                Is it possible to make a little device to match the MOSFETS like the one mentioned in the Intermediate Handbook to match the normal transistors?
                                The MOSFETs I had selected are these: https://docs.rs-online.com/54ee/0900766b80791211.pdf

2c: I just did a quick calculation to see in which time frame the capacitors would discharge to get the discharge amperage over a 100A as you mentioned (assuming that they would be charged to the max). I calculation that the discharge would take place in 0.022 seconds, see Calculation 1 in the attachment. Is this the ballpark figure you used to calculate your 100A?
                                Now in the Intermediate handbook Peter talks about charging the Capacitors to roughly 2x the voltage of the battery. So if I do the same calculation, but now charging up to 30V (instead of 80V), and use the previous calculated 0.022 seconds for discharge time, I get to an amperage of 41A, see Calculation 2 in the attachment. This is something that even 1 MOSFET with a 50A rating would be able to handle.

Question 3: Risk to damage the 7812 chip -> Zener diode?
                                The voltage regulator 7812 chips that I looked at have an max input voltage of +/- 32V. So it seems to me that if the 555 timer is not tuned correctly, charging the capacitor higher than 32V, you’ll blow up this 7812 chip immediately. So I thought that replacing the 7812 chip for a resistor and Zener diode might be safer, correct? See image 3 in the attachment.

Question 4: “Photo flash’ Capacitors
                                In the intermediate handbook, it is recommended to use “Photo flash” capacitors for fast discharge, but there is no ESR spec given. So I just selected some capacitors with a random ESR value, hoping that they can discharge fast enough: ESR of 14mOhm (3x Mallory 25000uF, 75V type CGS253U075X4C ). Any idea if this is fast enough? What would be the maximum ESR value for a Capacitor to be suitable for this circuit?

Many thanks in advance,
                                Best regards,
                                Rodolphe
                                2020-04-02 attachment V2.pdf
                                Last edited by pearldragon; 04-03-2020, 03:34 AM. Reason: Updated attachment

Comment

Working...
                                X