cap dump schematic questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gary,
    That's close by. I'll send him a message right away.

Regards
    Rodolphe

Comment

Hi Gary,

Regarding my previous statement 5), in post #235 on this thread http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fo...?t=399&page=22

I just finished the book Free Energy Generation (FEG) - Bearden/Bedini and still wondering: Why does this book and the handbook speak of these advantages of the cap dump circuit, which do not seem to be your conclusion based on what I read on you thread “Gary's Complete Advanced" SSG Build”. I tried to read through post #17 from Volty again, and although I still don’t understand much of it, he does state too
      …continue to full sef Running commutation, by ditching the Capacitors.
      What is spoken about again and again in the book FEG, is that the sharp gradients are key. I mentioned before that raising the capacitor voltage might aid in this respect, but if John’s CAP dump circuit as sold by TeslaGenX works well with about 28V, it might not be the most important. But the fact that the capacitor needs to be able to dump quickly, brings us back to the “photo flash” specification from the handbook, which I only can think of as expressed in ESR value.
      So my first question to you would be:

1) Can you tell what the exact brand/make and type of your capacitors are, so I can try to find out via the supplier/spec sheet which ESR value your caps have.
      At the same time I’ll contact TeslaGenX asking them for the same information: if they can tell me the make/brand/type of the caps in the Bedini cap dump circuit they sell.

2) I assume you have never used/borrowed the cap dump circuit sold by TeslaGenX to see what results that one yields on your SG?

3) Do you know of another person/thread on the forum who experimented with the cap circuit and confirms the positive effects of the cap dump circuit?

Based on my limited understanding of what I’ve read in the book FEG, if these gradients are sharp enough, that is where most of the “magic” happens. These gradients take place in the main coil and the capacitors, so as long as they are sharp enough I would say that a cap dump circuit should always yield additional benefits compared to an SG without a cap dump circuit. Besides the “partly self-recharging” and/or over potentializing of the capacitor should be a benefit as well compared to no caps… But to get these last mentioned benefits the caps need to be conditioned/only occur when caps are used frequently. Again, these are just thoughts/theory I’m sharing based on what I’ve read.

Best regards,
      Rodolphe
      Last edited by pearldragon; 04-14-2020, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Hi Rodolphe,

I just finished the book Free Energy Generation (FEG) - Bearden/Bedini and still wondering: Why does this book and the handbook speak of these advantages of the cap dump circuit, which do not seem to be your conclusion based on what I read on you thread “Gary's Complete Advanced" SSG Build”. I tried to read through post #17 from Volty again, and although I still don’t understand much of it, he does state too

…continue to full sef Running commutation, by ditching the Capacitors.

Volty was talking about the capacitors I have in the generator coil circuits on the back of the machine. This has nothing to do with the comparator cap dump. He was talking about back popping the run battery with a switched output from the generator coils. I didn't want to go there at the time.

1) .........The capacitors I'm using are Nippon Chemi-Con (now United Chemi-Con) ESMH800VRT223MB80T, 80 volt, 22,000 uf, snap in electrolytic. They have an ESR value of 0.011 ohms.

2) ..........Correct. The only cap dump I've used is the one I built.

3) ......... If you search cap dump, there are several threads and several posts by a large number of people who have experimented with them in several different configurations. I don't recall any of the results.

I did see John Bedini demonstrate his comparator at one of the conferences. And the next year he demonstrated a linear amplifier regulator that was an improvement over the comparator. He later switched most, not all, of his chargers and solar chargers over to the linear amplifier regulator method in place of the cap discharge method. I think the main reason was in order to charge the new LiFePo batteries which were just coming on the market.

Here's a link to the linear amplifier regulator at Teslagenx. http://www.teslagenx.com/research/tx...egory=research
        Last edited by Gary Hammond; 04-14-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Hi Garry,

Thanks for correcting/clearing up the quote from Volty; I misunderstood, thought he was talking about the cap dump / comparator circuit.

However, if I read some of your earlier posts on the same thread, I still got the impression that you mention there that the cap dump/comparator circuit does not always yield the best results, compared to charging without it. Or are you talking about the caps for the generator coil there too? I’m referring to these sentences:

Post #7
          And I can't see much difference whether it runs directly to the charge battery or through the cap discharge unit.
          Post #10
          The charging rate with my comparator cap dump falls somewhere between straight radiant and straight common ground modes.
          http://www.energyscienceforum.com/fo...nced-ssg-build

1) Ok, so we have:
          -Gary’s caps: ESR 0.011-ohm, Nippon Chemi-Con ESMH800VRT223MB80T, 80V, 22,000uF
          -TeslaGenX’ caps: ESR 0.017-ohm, Nippon Chemi-Con ESMH800VQT153MB63T, 80V, 15,000uF
          -My caps: ESR 0.014-ohm, Mallory CGS253U075X4C, 75V, 25,000uF

So that give me at least an ballpark figure what this “Foto Flash” type should be expressed in ESR value. And if TeslaGenX’s caps are fast enough with the highest ESR value, then yours and mine certainly are.
          So in case I did understand you correctly, that based on your tests using the cap dump/comparator circuit does not always yields the best results, it is not because your caps are “too slow”.

Thanks for the link. To the linear amplifier. I guess I’ll first watch EFV DVD 37 where this thing is discussed/shown. But before that: build my own comparator .

Best regards,
          Rodolphe

Comment

Hi Rodolphe,

However, if I read some of your earlier posts on the same thread, I still got the impression that you mention there that the cap dump/comparator circuit does not always yield the best results, compared to charging without it. Or are you talking about the caps for the generator coil there too? I’m referring to these sentences:

Post #7

And I can't see much difference whether it runs directly to the charge battery or through the cap discharge unit.

Post #10

The charging rate with my comparator cap dump falls somewhere between straight radiant and straight common ground modes.

I was talking about the comparator/cap dump here. I think it may depend on the size and condition of the batteries, but usually my SSG charges best when running in straight common ground mode. The common ground mode is also referred to as the generator mode of running the SSG. That gets confusing to talk about when you also add an actual generator coil to the machine, which is a completely different, independent circuit from the one running the machine.

Gary Hammond,

Comment

Hi Gary,

...but usually my SG charges best when running in straight common ground mode.
              So this I find very peculiar, based on the info in the (hand)books ( as mentioned in my post #77).
              The sharp discharge gradients of the cap dump are one of the negative energy triggers...

Although I could understand that the state and the capacity of the batteries might have an influence on it as you suggest, based on the theory I still would expect the cap dump circuit to always yield a better/higher output than without... strange...

UPDATE 2020-04-20
              Just finished watching EFV DVD 28, relating to my understanding that in theory the cap dump circuit should always yield a beneficial effect I quote JB (27min in the video):
              ...charge the battery quickly and there is only one way to do that and that is with a capacitor dump and the correct frequency and the correct resonance

Regards
              Rodolphe
              Last edited by pearldragon; 04-20-2020, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Earlier this week finished my comparator. After starting it up initially, some smoke came out since I forgot to break a connection on my stripboard . But after fixing that, the comparator seemed to work as it should. Run it for just a few minutes, looking at my scope how the dump signal changed while I turned the potmeters. I added the LED light in parallel as you mentioned in your build as an indicator to see when it dumps.

Further more did the common-ground-/generator mod on my SG (with 2x 1N5408 in parallel), let it run for a couple of minutes and seemed to work fine too.

Next thing I want to do is look a bit closer at my potmeter (for the base resistance) and air gap in comparison to Aaron's findings in this* video, since he seems to get opposite results of what I get, will report later on this when done:

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-PZiTUJZo

Regards,
                Rodolphe

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X