Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2019 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cap dump schematic questions

Faraday, that is NOT what that switch is for, PLZ dont confuse PPL........ it is just a on off power switch..........

Thanks Gary & Faraday for the clarification about the switch. I feel a lot more at ease.

Connecting the capacitors in series and parallel

I understand that John used 4 capacitors and that they were connected both in series and parallel.
    I can understand one or the other, but don't know how to hook them up both ways.
    Can someone explain this?

Think of it like a battery bank....if you need 24 volts you put two in series....if they don't have enough current then you take another two that are in series and you take that 24 volts positive to the original 24 volts positive and negti e to negtive. Same as parallelling two 24 volts batteries but each 24 volts battery is actually two 12vs in series. Same with caps. Have a rated capacity of 50 volts but need 100 put two in series...need more capcitance then parallel them jas as batteries. Hope that helps

Thanks Bradley. Using your battery example, would it be like this?

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 8.33.58 PM.jpg

Yep that's it.

Thanks. I'd imagined an X going between the 2 sets in series as well, so I'm glad it turns out to be simpler.

So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s).

The cap dump circuit also eliminates the neon bulbs that were protecting the transistors in case the BEMF and radiant spikes didn’t go through the diodes to the charge batt. as planned.

Apparently the BEMF and radiant spikes encounter less resistance jumping over to (being induced into) the recovery coil and going out that way instead of out the bottom of the main coil, through the (now unprotected) transistors to the run battery, but is there any chance of that happening (frying the transistors in the process)?

If so, can I leave the neons in place to guard against it?

So in general, as long as we provide a low resistance exit route, back EMF and radiant will take it, even if it means jumping from one wire to another (induction), right?
    And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmor View Post
    Thanks. I'd imagined an X going between the 2 sets in series as well, so I'm glad it turns out to be simpler.

So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s).

The cap dump circuit also eliminates the neon bulbs that were protecting the transistors in case the BEMF and radiant spikes didnít go through the diodes to the charge batt. as planned.

Apparently the BEMF and radiant spikes encounter less resistance jumping over to (being induced into) the recovery coil and going out that way instead of out the bottom of the main coil, through the (now unprotected) transistors to the run battery, but is there any chance of that happening (frying the transistors in the process)?

So in general, as long as we provide a low resistance exit route, back EMF and radiant will take it, even if it means jumping from one wire to another (induction), right?
    And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?
    Hi Cmor,
    The neon is required always.. it clamps the transistors Collector/Emmitter Voltage at 90V approximately. yes in a way with the Capacitor Charging added making it a SG the rate of change of the (dv/dt) Spike is slower, so it makes it less prone to damages. But hold your horses! if the 90V excess with a Capacitor charged having a capacitance high enough is your circuit.. it may even explode the devices (Transistors/Diodes ect.) using the neon plasma as the trigger path.
    The Radiant is opposite to the Conduction Electricity it takes high-resistance path as its conductance, while it evokes from the low resistance nodes.
    Please read Peters FESCE Book to get a feel of this kind of Electricity.
    Thank you,
    Best Regards,
    Faraday88.
    ĎMass is the Spatial density of Matter (Particle) and the Temporal Intensity of Space (Field)í.

Hi Cmor,

I understand that John used 4 capacitors and that they were connected both in series and parallel.
    I can understand one or the other, but don't know how to hook them up both ways.
    Can someone explain this?
    I don't know where you got the idea that John hooked up 4 capacitors in a combined series/parallel arrangement for his cap discharge comparator? What he used in his commercially available model was 4 large capacitors in parallel (15,000 mfd by 80 volts each as I recall) to give a total of 60,000 mfg at 80 volts. Here's a picture of it from TeslagenX. This is the unit he used in his "Energy From The Vacuum" videos.

There is more than one way to hook capacitors in a series/parallel arrangement to achieve different results, but that's not what John did in the above example.
    Gary Hammond,

Hi Cmor,

................So now I have another question, this time about the back EMF and radiant spikes going through the recovery coil.

The cap dump replaces the discharge path used by the basic SG for the back EMF and radiant spike of each power winding (which was out the bottom of the main coil, through the diode and to the charge battery) with the single wire recovery coil going to the capacitor(s). .................................................. ..........And does the radiant always go out the same direction as the BEMF?
    Forget about the BMEF (back electromotive force) as it always works against you at a lower voltage than the applied voltage. It is caused by the inductive reactance (impedance) of the coil working against any change in current flow. The radiant electricity (voltage spike), however, appears during the rapid collapse of the electromagnetic field around the coil. This high voltage radiant event is what we went to capture and use.

Yes. Leave the neons across each transistor of each power winding for added circuit protection. Just remove the 2n4007 collection diodes from each power winding left in the circuit.
    Gary Hammond,