Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just built my Monopole SSG. Going to log my progess :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just built my Monopole SSG. Going to log my progess :)

Hi guys looks like a great place to start my SSG experiments.

I just build my SSG as per the Peswiki Documents and the Rick F Starters guide SSG_STARTERS_GUIDE-Two.pdf
    sourced all my parts in Australia from either Jaycar or RS Australia. Its running and ive done a 1ohm resistor test.

Its now running using a 270cca battery with wall charger to condition in rotation 2 7.2 AH sealed lead acid batteries. For the load teasting im using a 5w auto globe which draws about .35 amps . My first run saw 15.5 volts achieved which now is under load test.

Im hoping to achieve as per the Rick F guide 1 battery to charge a bank of 4 equal batteries.

So at the moment im conditioning 2 7.2 SLA batteries.

Cheers and happy to answer any question so far becuse im sure il have a few soon.

Originally posted by mrbeale View Post
    Hi guys looks like a great place to start my SSG experiments.

I just build my SSG as per the Peswiki Documents and the Rick F Starters guide [ATTACH=CONFIG]1163[/ATTACH]
    sourced all my parts in Australia from either Jaycar or RS Australia. Its running and ive done a 1ohm resistor test.

Its now running using a 270cca battery with wall charger to condition in rotation 2 7.2 AH sealed lead acid batteries. For the load teasting im using a 5w auto globe which draws about .35 amps . My first run saw 15.5 volts achieved which now is under load test.

Im hoping to achieve as per the Rick F guide 1 battery to charge a bank of 4 equal batteries.

So at the moment im conditioning 2 7.2 SLA batteries.

Cheers and happy to answer any question so far becuse im sure il have a few soon.
    the RF SSG will NOT give you 4 to 1 you will get 1 to 1.14 or so plus mechanical. a sealed lead acid battery may or may not be a starved electrolyte type, you need a true flooded lead acid to see most of the benefit. please run your Sg off a battery the same size as your charge battery. so you need a pair of lead acids of same capacity.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Hey Tom thanks for the reply.
      Sorry forgot to mention it is built as per peswiki and jhn bedini yahoo monopole 3 group docs.
      23 inch rim running 16 ferite magnets, 750ish turns of wire for energizer.
      Is this the same as rick f motor?

Comment

Hey Tom thanks for the reply.
        Sorry forgot to mention it is built as per peswiki and jhn bedini yahoo monopole 3 group docs.
        23 inch rim running 16 ferite magnets, 750ish turns of wire for energizer.
        Is this the same as rick f motor?
        yes close enough..... the thing about turn is that there is also the length of the coil that changes things a 5 inch tall coil will behave differenty than a 3 inch tall coil. but you are close enough.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

Im sorry but how come in the Rick F Starter Guide it says in the indroduction
          The energizers are never going to show OU themselves...!!! The OU shows up in the batteries
          energy capacity. They last longer and take less time to charge - until they get to the point of getting
          4 or more charges for the price of one!! The sooner EVERYONE understands that, the better.
          This important fact needs to be understood by anyone embarking on this project. The expectation
          that it (the energizer) is an over-unity device has led to some misunderstandings previously

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
            the RF SSG will NOT give you 4 to 1 you will get 1 to 1.14 or so plus mechanical. a sealed lead acid battery may or may not be a starved electrolyte type, you need a true flooded lead acid to see most of the benefit. please run your Sg off a battery the same size as your charge battery. so you need a pair of lead acids of same capacity.

Tom C
            Sorry I hope that didnt sound ungratful, ive actually read so much info im a little confused now.

Btw I found an awsome little hack to build a 12 trikle charger from an old wall charger
            Silicon Chip Online - Salvage It!

Also are voltage regulater circuit easy to build... i wouldnt mind it changing batteries at certain levels.. !??

Cheers thanks inadvanve.

Comment

mrbeale, what Tom means is that the kits that are sold with the neo magnets in them will not give you 4:1. A well built energiser built properly according to John Bedini's instruction and GOOD flooded lead acid batteries will.

John K.

Comment

Cheers John
                At the moment im still conditing these batteries , charging up to 15.8 then loading them, takes about 10 hours to drain then at the correct c20 rate to 12.2 and takes about 48+ to charge .
                Ive got a bigger AH battery powering at same amp rate as it draining, how important is it to have matching charge and charging batteries??

Comment

Cheers John
                  At the moment im still conditing these batteries , charging up to 15.8 then loading them, takes about 10 hours to drain then at the correct c20 rate to 12.2 and takes about 48+ to charge .
                  Ive got a bigger AH battery powering at same amp rate as it draining, how important is it to have matching charge and charging batteries??
                  mrbeale, the discharge rate sounds OK. What size is you charge battery? 48+ hours is too long - either the battery is too big or the energizer is too small.

It's not critical to have the same size run and charge batteries but it is recommended. As long as the run battery is big enough to run the machine at the C20 rate.

John K.

Comment

Yeah battery that is being charged is a 7.2 AH little sealed lead acid battery.
                    It should be very close to John Bedini SSG plans with the bike wheel 16 magnets and 700ish turns of the coil.
                    Hey I might just build a bigger enegizer and exoeriment a little.

Btw. I would reach 13v within hours, but i was talking about charging to 15.8 that would take days.

Cheers
                    Last edited by mrbeale; 12-07-2012, 04:05 AM. Reason: not finished

Comment

Yeah battery that is being charged is a 7.2 AH little sealed lead acid battery.
                      It should be very close to John Bedini SSG plans with the bike wheel 16 magnets and 700ish turns of the coil.
                      Hey I might just build a bigger enegizer and exoeriment a little.

Btw. I would reach 13v within hours, but i was talking about charging to 15.8 that would take days.

Cheers
                      mrbeale, it sounds like you have too much wire on the coil. It should be 130 feet. If you can't charge that battery up in less than 24 hours there is something wrong.

John K.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Koorn View Post
                        mrbeale, it sounds like you have too much wire on the coil. It should be 130 feet. If you can't charge that battery up in less than 24 hours there is something wrong.

John K.
                        130 feet = 40m , i used 100m of .8 and 100m .56 .....total 200m or 656 feet for my energizer hahaha.

maybe I can divide it up and make another energizer from that one!!

Thanks John.

Comment

I just changed my energizer coil size becuase I was having trouble with battery charge times, found out that I used way to much windings, now I have a 130feet of both .4 .5 wire. I found even with the other coil I would run out of potentiometer adjustment and with this new coil I had it wound down to the lowest resistance and was only drawing 200mA , I wanted at least to have some room to move up or down there so I halved the base resistor to 50 ohms and now I can move from 0-400mA . Does that sound right?

Comment

Would I correct in saying that the energizer spins faster when you place a drained(after load test) battery onto be charged? and as it buils p it can slow down.

Im aware that the wheel will slow down as the primary get low but I noticed this as I had a freshly charged battery towards the end of battery 1 and then just swapped for battery 2 which was flat. I say this because I notice that a flat battery will take maybe 1-2 hours to reach from 12.2 to 12.5 then slow down the rate even with a wall charger hooked up, is it some kind of pressure build up? I dont have a rpm gauge to prove this so it was just an eyeball paul guess . Maybe I might spend some more money when I start seeing some more promising results.

I have to say I wish found this forum sooner as previouly I spent hours sifting thru some variying models circuit youtube doc etc etc.

Cheer for Beers (hopefully)
                            Last edited by mrbeale; 12-16-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X