2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Thread: Charging 3 105 AH batteries with SSG

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hammond View Post
    Hi,
    .........I'm hoping to get all of them equalized and topping out at 13.8 volts in 15 minutes. This may take awhile. But it appears, just starting out, that the load is running mostly off the radiant and maybe stealing the surface charge. ..................
    Well that isn't happening. After running for several hours each battery was either taking longer to charge to the same voltage or if always charged the same length of time would charge back to a lower voltage. So all the batteries were very slowly loosing charge.

The batteries must be absorbing all the spike as it doesn't show much at all when scoping the radiant collection winding.
    I scoped again directly across the radiant collection winding with the 30 watt headlamp in the circuit and it showed about a 15 volt spike. About 1/3 the value of what was appearing across the transistors. I think I need a stronger SSG with more collection windings for this to work properly with these size batteries.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 08-12-2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: data correction
    Gary Hammond,