* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bedini and Twisted Wire

John Bedini and Twisted Wire

This question is for John as I think he is probably the only one who can answer such a question. Why twisted/litzed wire in the coils? At first, I thought you used it to keep the trigger signal clean from cross induction as they do in CAT5 cabling. Then I started to think about a coil and the many magnetic fields within fields. Then I started to think about the magnetic fields of wire twisted around wire. I think there is much more to the twisted wire than just signal integrity. Would you clear this long standing question up? Also, Peter and Aaron did a bang up job on the Bedini SG ABH. It's awesome!
    Thanks,
    Randy
    Last edited by Tachyon Catcher; 11-28-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Imagination can take you to places of new posibilities. Without it, you go where others tell you as you know no difference.

Mutual inductance....
    Inductance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

"...I pointed to something yesterday called the
    SOA curve of the transistor, it's speed now need to be faster 4mhz
    device to start., if not cross conduction will take effect and at a
    higher speed and voltage level, your coil needs to be wound in such a
    manner as to hold the "magnetic field inward" so nothing can get out,
    one litz wire will do the trick or just wind it that way, a light
    bulb in the base circuit in series with the base resistor will adjust
    the impedance curve as the machine goes through it's resonant points
    for speed each time the machine reaches a new lever the current will
    drop out increasing the speed of the machine, you can't do it with a
    2n3055.you are at the limits of that device and anything more will
    just blow the device. The neon bulb now will just melt if the hook is
    wrong, and the device will go up in smoke."
    (Taken from: Yahoo! Groups )

Dave Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    Is that really the only reason?

litzing

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post

yes that is the only reason I know of. litzing is faiirly common, mostly its done to increases the capacity of a stranded wire to carry current, usually the wires are not coated, but it does the same thing with coated wire.

Tom C

As well as for magnetic coupling, I assumed that litzing improved transmission of the spike that preceeds the current on the output pulse. Since the spike is of such short duration that it is equivellant to pulsing at very high frequency and so litzing will improve the impedance of the coil during this period. Perhaps I'm looking too much into it.

As well as for magnetic coupling, I assumed that litzing improved transmission of the spike that preceeds the current on the output pulse. Since the spike is of such short duration that it is equivellant to pulsing at very high frequency and so litzing will improve the impedance of the coil during this period. Perhaps I'm looking too much into it.
    I would agree with you on that point seph, that the spike "should " be higher. there are several aspects to mutual inductance. I do not know about the impedance change I do not have an impedance meter with variable frequency input, I just have a cheapo one that does a static reading, ok for matching coils but not much more than that. I have seen a few fluke meters that can change the frequency at which the coil is measured for impedance. I saw JB do some coils, he measured them at 120Khz I think, I dont remember what it was, so dont quote me on that, but he stepped thru a few frequencies. Anyone feel free to do some measurements in this area if you have one of those expensive fluke LCR meters...

i am sure there is some other reasons, but i was told that was why.

Tom C

In the Monopole Master Builder DVD he says the reason for twisted wires is to ensure all wires are the same length.

No other reason is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon Catcher View Post
    This question is for John as I think he is probably the only one who can answer such a question. Why twisted/litzed wire...
    Randy
    With all due respect to all the contributors of this thread, I have to think there is much more to this. Litzing is resource intense. JB does nothing without a reason. For all the effort it takes, I have to believe there is more to it than assuring the lengths are the same or carry more conventional current. I always guessed it had to do with the trigger signal and the radiant transmission. I thought it might contribute to the "pressure" capacity of the coil prior to collapse. And possibly improve inductance capacity of the coil thereby enhancing the radiant wave. All guesses on my part. Just looking for some affirmations or correction from JB as it looked as this was his official forum to participate in. Tis the season, we're all busy. Thanks everyone for your contributions.
    Randy
    Last edited by Tachyon Catcher; 11-29-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Imagination can take you to places of new posibilities. Without it, you go where others tell you as you know no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon Catcher View Post
    With all due respect to all the contributors of this thread, I have to think there is much more to this. Litzing is resource intense. JB does nothing without a reason. .... Just looking for some affirmations or correction from JB as it looked as this was his official forum to participate in.
    MONOPOLE MASTER-CLASS

Watch the DVD if you want to hear JB say it.