Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 2 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Thread: oscilloscope for watching bedini waveforms

oscilloscope for watching bedini waveforms

Howdy, I have been messing with bedini circuits for a few years and have read on these forums just as long. Im an electronic hobbyist and would like to buy myself a used oscilloscope to watch the waveforms enthuse circuits. can anyone recommend a certain oscilloscope for this? Nothing fancy, just a basic starter scope. What is the minimum MHZ i should start looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by cactusman View Post
    Howdy, I have been messing with bedini circuits for a few years and have read on these forums just as long. Im an electronic hobbyist and would like to buy myself a used oscilloscope to watch the waveforms enthuse circuits. can anyone recommend a certain oscilloscope for this? Nothing fancy, just a basic starter scope. What is the minimum MHZ i should start looking for?
    Tektronix 2465A. 350MHz. Manufactured in the mid 1980's. Google for specs. Operators manual is a free download.
    Not a 2465 or a 2465B.
    Prices are all over the place but I bought one in very good condition last year on ebay for $185, plus shipping.
    You'll need to buy probes separately, most likely.

Richard Gieser

Quote Originally Posted by cactusman View Post
    ... just a basic starter scope...
    To get you going, you could always try the "Winscope" software. Very basic. You would get the triggering points but the spikes would not be well defined at all.

You'll need a fat variable potentiometer for safety and then feed your signal into one of the two tracks of your sound card. Be very careful or you will blow the sound card. It comes with instructions. Follow them carefuilly.

http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Prac/winscope.htm

Quote Originally Posted by wrtner View Post
    To get you going, you could always try the "Winscope" software. Very basic. You would get the triggering points but the spikes would not be well defined at all.

You'll need a fat variable potentiometer for safety and then feed your signal into one of the two tracks of your sound card. Be very careful or you will blow the sound card. It comes with instructions. Follow them carefuilly.

http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Prac/winscope.htm
    That sure gets the cost down. I like the storage feature particularly, though at 20KHz the speed is way below a low end scope. A few years ago I bought a new Hitachi 20MHZ dual trace scope for $200 and that's low end. I downloaded the winscope but could only get a 3 1/2" x 4" scope screen on my 27" desktop monitor. I think it detected that I have no input device such as a microphone or test leads which may have limited operation of it's features. I'm using WIN 7 so that may also cause compatibility problems since winscope seems to be fairly old having been designed for WIN 95, XP and Vista. Their website looked interesting so I will visit there some more.

Speaking of low price, http://www.piccircuit.com/shop/pic-d...hoCowMQAvD_BwE
    is a USB type device for $16.90. I did not buy it. It's not clear to me how it works or whether it will need more support equipment but it can be used with a desktop or a smartphone which would be very handy out in the field or while traveling. Screenshots and emailing your scope pictures would be easy.

Richard Gieser
    Last edited by Richard; 06-08-2018 at 01:25 PM.