Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone contacted me with a simple query and I cannot find the answer on this site:

Where is the address of a document explaining how the basic circuit works?

Comment

waterboy,
      you can get all of the components you need at www.teslagenx.com

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

go to youtube and search for Bedini SG circuit, a bunch of stuff comes up.

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C View Post
          go to youtube and search for Bedini SG circuit, a bunch of stuff comes up.

Tom C
          I wasn't angling for a bunch of stuff; I was hoping for an accurate and definitive statement.

Comment

The beginner SG book has a pretty detailed description on how the circuit works.

http://bedinisg.com/

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
            I wasn't angling for a bunch of stuff; I was hoping for an accurate and definitive statement.

Comment

so I went to youtube, typed in Bedini Sg circuit and got this from introvertebrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi7cmUpMdX8

Tom C
              Last edited by Tom C; 06-11-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

so I went to youtube, typed in Bedini Sg circuit and got this from introvertebrate

Tom C
                *** How the SG circuit works ***

Many thanks, Tom C. I did see that video but I was not sure whether it was accurate or not.
                With your recommendation, we can call it a definitive explanation. Very useful.

Comment

Many thanks, Tom C. I did see that video but I was not sure whether it was accurate or not.
                  With your recommendation, we can call it a definitive explanation. Very useful.

That's a bit of an overreaching statement wouldn't you say?

Comment

yes I would agree with you Patrick. its not as simple as all that but its a good basic start to understand switching.. there is soo much going on in the machine it would take a book (or3) to really understand it. Tesla patents are a good place to start....

Tom C

Comment

Originally posted by min2oly View Post

That's a bit of an overreaching statement wouldn't you say?
                      As usual, you are right. But we need a starting point to understand the principles.

That video does not cover the fact that the wheel is propelled by a push from a coil on to a magnet. That needs clarifying.

Also, people are at pains to say that we don't need or want powerful magnets - hence the direction: no neodymiuims. But surely, the power of the magnet dictates the amount of the pulse that is collected and the amount of the collapsing field energy. These spikes are a function of magnet strength, aren't they?
                      Last edited by wrtner; 06-14-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

As usual, you are right. But we need a starting point to understand the principles.

That video does not cover the fact that the wheel is propelled by a push from a coil on to a magnet. That needs clarifying.

Also, people are at pains to say that we don't need or want powerful magnets - hence the direction: no neodymiuims. But surely, the power of the magnet dictates the amount of the pulse that is collected and the amount of the collapsing field energy. These spikes are a function of magnet strength, aren't they?
                        the spike is a function of the field collapse of the coil. its not a motor, the spinning rim, magnets, and the core of the coil are for the TRIGGER. the amplitude of the spike and its collapse are a function of how fast the core switches, how open the base is on the transistor, the voltage you are running at, and the frequency you are switching at and how good your charge battery is. the core also slows down how fast the field collapses. which is why most solid state setups us an air core, the core retains the magnetic pulse from the field, its like an electromagnet.

Tom C

Comment

the core also slows down how fast the field collapses. which is why most solid state setups use an air core..
                          Tom C
                          Very interesting and useful stuff, Tom C.

Initially, I shall follow recommendations with a R60 welding rod core. but would it be a good idea, for later experimentation, to make the core easily removeable?

Comment

Very interesting and useful stuff, Tom C.

Initially, I shall follow recommendations with a R60 welding rod core. but would it be a good idea, for later experimentation, to make the core easily removeable?
                            as long as the rods themselves are stuck to each other should be fine, the passing magnets will sometimes lift individual rods up if they are not glued together.
                            Tom C

Comment

as long as the rods themselves are stuck to each other should be fine, the passing magnets will sometimes lift individual rods up if they are not glued together.
                              Tom C
                              I never glue all the way through the core. If you pack them in tight and then put a few drops of gorilla glue it is all you need. I put a few drops on the side that faces the magnets and spray a little water, as it starts to foam up push it down and smooth it. This forms a nice little cap to keep any jumpers at bay but you can easily tap the core out later with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X