* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

2019 ESTC ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!
PRE-REGISTER FOR THE
2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have SG or Monopole problems? Read this first

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    do you have the final 12 ohm resistor in there? what is your primary current draw? too much current possibly. I found on mine I had to add a 33 ohm resistor as a base resistor before the branch resistor to get my current down. Tom C
    Hi Tom,

What do you show for amp draw?

I'm seeing around .6-.7A.

When I checked it with an inline analog meter it initially showed .6A and than as the machine adjusted to the meter it showed .7A.

I have a 10ohm, 10W resistor which is soldered to the base resistor buss and then to a pot.

The total resistance is 45.8ohm from buss to coil trigger winding top. Yours sounds like 12 + 33 = 45.

bro d

Presently I have an exact matched pair running and the charge batt was drained to 12v and the run was fully charged (16.2.v)

We'll see in the AM. Got to get the bike wheel right before trying to solve the 5 coiler issues.

Hi John K,

I checked it this morning and the run batt was 11.97v and the charge was 13.01v before I turned it off.
    Before the run the run batt was at 15.5v and chrg was at 12.22v.

Shouldn't I be able to see a fully charged result with 1:1 charging?

bro d

my sg pulls over one amp. you have big batteries and you are running at a 2 transistor draw rate. I like to see 200 to 250 milliamps per transistor. not sure why your current draw is so low for 7 transistors. that current draw would work better on smaller batteries. you need a bit more juice. work with your base resistance to get your current draw up. thats the thing it can be too hi or too low.

Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

my sg pulls over one amp. you have big batteries and you are running at a 2 transistor draw rate. I like to see 200 to 250 milliamps per transistor. not sure why your current draw is so low for 7 transistors. that current draw would work better on smaller batteries. you need a bit more juice. work with your base resistance to get your current draw up. thats the thing it can be too hi or too low.

Tom C
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

I hear John B say that "it's a one amp machine."

I thought that his amp draw was 1A.

I checked each component in my circuit and thought I might find a defective device but they all seemed to be OK.

I then, made minimum connections with clip leads. And played with the gap. It's running now at 1.2A.

That is with matched 66 ohm resitors.

If the gap was 1/8" wider it wouldn't run.

Is your SSG running with #18 pwr windings at 130ft?

That should call for a little more amperage than my #20 coils, right?

I thought that maybe I was causing a problem by removing wire insulation with a butane torch.

What's the best way for that.

Thanks for your faithful help.

bro d

Hello all,
    Another new builder here that was amazed by the possibilities of the SG and SSG. I have tried after watching many videos and reading countless forums to build my own monopole as close to possible to posted bedini schematics on a vcr head roter. The exception is that I dont have space and cash at this time for the actual bicycle wheel kit and all parts listed aren't readily available. Ok for the lack of schematic knowledge I have I am slowly learning them but from the many I have researched they are all basically the same as this YT video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttY7yLXZSpo.

My build is around 140 turns using 40 feet of 22-gauge run wire and 40 feet of 26-gauge trigger wire on bifilar on same spool it came from in radio shack 315' magnet wire set http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2036277
    The magnet setup I have tried on hard drive using the curved neo's found inside of the hard drive using 1 epoxied on each side of disk as well as another setup consisting of vcr head with a cd-disc glued to top with 4 1" rectangle magnets from radio shack http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...=2103429spaced evenly like a + and a third setup on another vcr head with 4 tiny button neo's http://www.harborfreight.com/10-piec...ets-67488.html that i figured from the compass method have a north field while laying flat depending on which way it is filpped also in a + configuration.
    Ok now free spin of the hard drive rotor is around 20-30 sec while both vcr head rotors will spin for 60-90 sec.
    Here is where you guys are going to yell at me. Being on a budget and radio shack not having in stock the 3055 transistor I bought a combo pack for joule thief build consisting of 5 each 2n222a, 2n3904, and 2n4401. http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062586. figuring this could be my main mistake can anyone tell me why these wouldnt work on a small scale such as recharging rechargable batteries aa, aaa, 9v with 6.2v lantern battery as power source or I have various cell phone wall worts that may also be power source depending on reccomendations.
    The diodes are another part that I couldn't replicate but I think should still work. I did get the 4001 right but radio shack didn't have the 4007 in stock so I got a 4005 http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049728 instead to go in its place.
    Another scolding point is I can't find a ne-2 neon anywhere local so I am trying a 5v led just to see if I am getting a spike from the Emitter to Collector with charge battery disconnected. The LED is lit seemingly from the power source. I then attached DMM to those leads and nothing happens when I pass a magnet by the coil at any distance, it stays same voltage as power source. I have tested the coil for shorts used wire clothes hanger core and air core and I get nothing either way. I have set my circuit up according to all schematics that seem to be the same as youtube video and forums that I have read and I can't figure out where my problem is. If this isn't enough info I can take a picture of my set-up and post it here. Let me know any suggestions please.

Someone contacted me with a simple query and I cannot find the answer on this site:

Where is the address of a document explaining how the basic circuit works?

waterboy,
    you can get all of the components you need at www.teslagenx.com

Tom C

go to youtube and search for Bedini SG circuit, a bunch of stuff comes up.

Tom C

go to youtube and search for Bedini SG circuit, a bunch of stuff comes up.

Tom C
    I wasn't angling for a bunch of stuff; I was hoping for an accurate and definitive statement.

The beginner SG book has a pretty detailed description on how the circuit works.

http://bedinisg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wrtner View Post
    I wasn't angling for a bunch of stuff; I was hoping for an accurate and definitive statement.