This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gabiX87 View Post
    40+ Ah batteries takes ages to charge with 1 coil SSG. To charge 44 Ah 1.5 days at best for me or 70 Ah 2+ days. I think that the single coil SG isn't able to push such big batts good enough to rejuvenate them fast. Therefore use smaller ones , I say up to 20 Ah. Gabriel
    @Gabriel, actually, I was thinking that charging a 65 amp battery with my 7 filler single coil SSG in 11 hours, it's too long...
    I think some big wire will do the job also for a multistrand coil. It's more difficult, however, to wound a big coil with 7 to 10 wires 18 (to 14 AWG)...
    Best regards,
    Teodor

Comment

• Originally posted by axxelxavier View Post
      @Gabriel, actually, I was thinking that charging a 65 amp battery with my 7 filler single coil SSG in 11 hours, it's too long...
      I think some big wire will do the job also for a multistrand coil. It's more difficult, however, to wound a big coil with 7 to 10 wires 18 (to 14 AWG)...
      Best regards,
      Teodor
      Hmm, I have 7 stranded single coil. I can't imagine charging up to 15.50V 65Ah battery within 12hours. I charge either with 1A or ~750mA(bestRPM). As you said, a thicker 18-14AWG coil could help ,but it's overkill to wound such a thick cable into a multi(7?)-stranded coil, that's why a multi-coiler is better with thinner wire, I suppose. btw One of my coils has 7x 20AWG power wire and the other I think 7x 22AWG. Are you using new batteries ?

@pontozero36
      "what i asked now is, to get better COP results, using specs by the beginner's book, will it be best to go up close to 20Ah or keep it low? Does the battery size influence the COP (bigger better) or does it have to do only with charge time?"

- sorry I don't know for sure. But common sense tells me "charge-time". Furthermore I don't know the relationship between the coil-wire and battery-size. Some more experienced guys here could answer that.
      Last edited by gabiX87; 01-06-2014, 11:10 PM.
      my work here :
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

Hmm, I have 7 stranded single coil. I can't imagine charging up to 15.50V 65Ah battery within 12hours. I charge either with 1A or ~750mA(bestRPM). As you said, a thicker 18-14AWG coil could help ,but it's overkill to wound such a thick cable into a multi(7?)-stranded coil, that's why I suppose a multi-coiler is better with thinner wire. btw One of my coils has 7x 20AWG power wire and the other I think 7x 22AWG. Are you using new batteries ?
        My coil it's 7 x 18 awg, and trigger it's 20 awg, and it's not 130'', but 200'' - aprox. 60 m. Yes, making the coil by myself alone, inside the house, was killing my arms. Big wires makes big differences, and solid wire gave me the best results, along with big trannies - MJL21194, MJL21196, SC5200, FJL6920 or similar.
        My battery it's old (2-3 years?), from a friend, actually I was mistaken, it is 70 amp/hours, and it was holding, at the beginning only 12,2 volts, now I can charge it to 15,5 volts or even more.
        Here are some pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_ 01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	45998 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ 03.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	45999 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ 010.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	46000 Click image for larger version

Name:	_ _ 006.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	46001

Best regards,
        Teodor
        Last edited by axxelxavier; 01-08-2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: correcting some mistakes

Comment

• Lovely Teodor,

thanks for the valuable info. Will try that next time. Also planning solid state with thicker-longer wire. I use MJL21194 only. I like your coil ,pretty similar with mine. The black tape at the beginning of the wind is a pretty good tip. I had hard time with glueing together the center piece of the coil(top-bottom holder,plastic center) with acrylic. I glued it with PATTEX transparent ,not with the fast-dry. But the wire was pushing the thing apart, so it happened a couple of times that the coil fell apart, so I had to remake it again , goosh.

Is the PCB your work ? My friend could make me some at the factory he is working in. I just need to do some schematics for him, what I am not able to do. ...i don't see your tunning pot ?! Is it there ?

will send you PM,
          Gabriel
          Last edited by gabiX87; 01-06-2014, 10:57 PM.
          my work here :
          https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

• I'd like to greet you all!
            Didn't start to construct the replication yet, waiting for rest of the parts to arrive.. Found yesterday that Bedini ssg can actually rejuvenate dead battery or even make it better then it was originally, so my Qs are:
            1. Will Bedini sg (SIMPLIFIED) recover the Lead-Acid 100A 12v battery?
            2. How long it will take to restore for example, 3-4-5 years old used battery (How much cycles and how long one cycle takes)?

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer me. Thanks in advance!

-tedhile

Comment

Is the PCB your work ? My friend could make me some at the factory he is working in. I just need to do some schematics for him, what I am not able to do. ...i don't see your tuning pot ?! Is it there ?Gabriel
              Yes, the PCB was my work, it takes me many tries to make a good one (toner transfer techniques from a glossy paper for both sides of the PCB with ironing). Still, it's better to use some big copper wires soldered on the PCB on sensitive areas, like + of the output diodes, -- for charging battery, and so on.
              I left 2 contacts outside the PCB for tuning the SSG, because sometimes I use a wounded 17 watt pot, but usually I'm using a heavy duty resistor (from some old TV), and this is actually what you need, a fixed value, after tuning.
              For the PCB, check my albums, I will upload soon.
              Best regards,
              Teodor

Later Edit: Photo's have been uploaded, feel free to use my PCB layouts as you wish (as long as they are not used for commercial purpose).
              Last edited by axxelxavier; 01-08-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pontozero36 View Post
                Thanks Aaron,

I've been doing some research in the best batteries to buy to start my ssg project, i've been doing some activity in this thread:

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...0&goto=newpost

But my point is, is it too bad to use sealed VRLA batteries just to test the ssg? Does that give low COP values or is the problem just about battery life?
                Sealed lead acids are fine. Flooded are the best. I use the deep cycle sealed lead acids from harbor freight because the C20 draw on them matches pretty much what the Bedini SG draws with the 7 transistor setup.
                Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

Hmm, I have 7 stranded single coil. I can't imagine charging up to 15.50V 65Ah battery within 12hours. I charge either with 1A or ~750mA(bestRPM).
                  Some quick update, in charging my 70 amp/hours battery:
                  - 19,20 hour - starting charging, from 12,26 volts (recovered from 12,05), at 1,86 amp/hour and 12,8 volt P.S.U. (not sure why this time current draw it was bigger... could it be lower temperature, 5-6 grade Celsius?)
                  - 07,35 hour - finishing charging at 15,40 volts (1,95 amp/hour current draw)
                  ---------------------------------------------------------
                  So, it was charged in 12,15 hours, a little more than I thought, from 12,26 to 15,40. The battery it's still in process of recovery, so I will charge it the same maybe next 10 to max 20 times. After that, I will try lowering the input current, and maybe just a bit increasing the voltage.
                  I'm note sure if those numbers are looking good or now, so I invite anyone with experiences in charging battery to chime in.
                  Best regards,
                  Teodor.

Comment

• Hi Teodor,
                    when you discharge your 70 Ah monster - how much do you get out?
                    regards
                    Ralf

Comment

• Originally posted by romeo-kilo View Post
                      Hi Teodor,
                      when you discharge your 70 Ah monster - how much do you get out?
                      regards
                      Ralf
                      @romeo-kilo,
                      I'm using this battery as primary source for lighting some lights from my apartment, so the load is variable, between 0,5 - 1 amp/hour (5 to 6 hours a day, for almost a week) depending how many light's are on. I'm using the recovering process of the battery, during the day, when it's not used. Anyway, this batt is not new, so I can't use it at full capacity, I'm trying only to optimize power consumtion from it.
                      Best regards,
                      Teodor

Comment

• Hello guys!

Can anyone pls tell me are these iron rods appropriate?
                        http://www.amazon.com/Weldcote-Metal.../dp/B005BCUEYE

Also I need confirmation that this is the right magnet wire that should be used:
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/141097844655...84.m1497.l2649
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/370925618323...84.m1497.l2649
                        Precisely I am talking about the enameling of the wires, it seems that the wires referred in the book are strongly enameled, or I am wrong? I already bought it, but need to be sure that I am not gonna make mistake considering that I have no much experience in these things..

Thanks a lot!
                        Ted

Comment

• Hi Ted, you'll be fine with all of those.

John K.

Comment

• Hi Ted, dont forget to wound the coil counter clockwise, if you do it another way you wont get best results.

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDINSSGUKRAINE View Post
                              It would be great if in the next edition of the book would be presented an actual battery charging and discharging table, with times and loads.
                              I definitely agree this would be the kind of indications that would make the SG be more of an industrial thing so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedhile View Post
                                Hello guys!

Can anyone pls tell me are these iron rods appropriate?
                                http://www.amazon.com/Weldcote-Metal.../dp/B005BCUEYE

Also I need confirmation that this is the right magnet wire that should be used:
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/141097844655...84.m1497.l2649
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/370925618323...84.m1497.l2649
                                Precisely I am talking about the enameling of the wires, it seems that the wires referred in the book are strongly enameled, or I am wrong? I already bought it, but need to be sure that I am not gonna make mistake considering that I have no much experience in these things..

Thanks a lot!
                                Ted
                                Yes, those rods are fine from what Ive learned...

I dont know what country you are in.. But I have found the best deal HERE for wire... Its actually cheaper to buy several small rolls rather than 1 very long roll... weird, but it tends to work out better for me anyways...
                                “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Comment

Working...
                                X