Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 99 76 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2019 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Complete Bedini SG Book!

Hi Gary, Aaron,

Thanks for your replies. Since There is a some overlap in your responses to my questions and the new questions I have, I’ll try to reply/question you both at once . I hope I do not confuse you too much with it.

@Gary, I think I need to hook up my scope again to my machine and go over some of the answers you gave me to understand them correctly. Will come back on them once I’ve done that, but should hook up my rpm sensor first…

General note:
    If I click on the images from my previous posts, I see that they are very small, not sure why they came out that way, does the forum shrink them? Will try to upload PDFs this time, if that doesn’t work, will try images again.

Aaron
    At this moment I’ve followed the manuals up to page 13 of the second (intermediate) handbook. So for the resistances I have the 100Ohm (matched) resistors in and the 1k Ohm potentiometer (see attachment 1). The reason why I stopped here is that I wanted to build in a speed/rpm sensor, so I can tune it properly, rather than just by listening (sound of machine reving up/reving down). As soon as I have the speed sensor installed and operational I’ll tune it properly and report back here with what value I ended up with on my pot-meter and input amperage/voltage.

Aaron/Gary
    Another question that came to mind; I guess the double firing would be a welcome phenomenon, getting two for the price of one. Or is this a misunderstanding of what’s happening? In other words, will the voltage peaks be half as high as well for example?

Aaron/Gary
    Gary you writes that the field strength is strongest at the edges of the magnets. If this is true then in theory I would guess the machine would always fire double. This because the magnetic field strength in the middle of the magnet would be a bit less than at the edges, so the trigger coil goes by two peaks when passing one magnet, hence firing twice. Although I could also image that these peaks where so close (being on the edges on one small magnet), that the machine would not have enough time to “breath” for a double firing, but the fact that it does double fire as can be seen on the scope gives me the impression that this little “breathing room” is not an issue.
    But maybe I’m going too far astray in my own imagination, Aaron mentioned that it probably has to do with a base resistance that is too high. Maybe Aaron you can explain me a bit more how the base resistance can be a cause for double firing?

Aaron / Gary,
    In the beginners manual, page 70 & 72 (see attachment 2) I read about the switching when the magnet is right above the coil, implying that the magnet field is strongest there. This in opposition to what I understand from Gary that it is strongest at the edges. Should I interpreted this as that the handbook talks about a simplified theoretical situation to understand the basics while Gary talks about the real/practical situation?

Gary
    When you say that your machine double fires at 211RPM. Do you mean that by reving up to your machine’s max rpm, it passes a point at 211rpm where it temporary fires double, but at its max rpm it does singe shots? Or do you mean that your machine runs at max rpm at 211rpm, so it always fires double, and you might have too high of a base resistance?

Aaron
    “You mention the sequential mechanics of repulsion mode switch” I assume you’re referring to my first post (#196), attachment “2019-02-27 - Attachment 1”?
    If so, I just saw that the arrows were going in the wrong direction (text was correct), they might have caused confusion. Please see attachment 3 in this post where I removed the arrows. Just to double check we’re on the same page; I intended to speak here about the ATTRACTION mode, as mentioned in your first (Beginners) handbook, page 72 (version 1.13).
    Regarding your question what switches on the base to turn on the Main circuit in both modes:
    As you mentioned, in REPULSION mode it is the decrease in magnetic field strength when a magnet moves away from the core.
    In ATTRACTION mode it is the increase in magnetic field strength when the magnet moves towards the core.
    I was curious why in the repulsion mode the transistors need heat-sinks and not in the attraction mode. Reading the bottom of page 73 of the Beginners manual again, I guess it relates to point 1.? That in repulsion mode the battery help in switching the magnetic field in the main coil, and that somehow this process also causes more heat in the transistors?

Thanks,
    Rodolphe
    2019-03-10 - Attachment 1.pdf
    2019-03-10 - Attachment 2.pdf
    2019-03-10 - Attachment 3.pdf

Hi Rodolphe,

There are about as many explanations and theories on the nature of magnets and magnetism as there are people investigating the phenomenon. Suffice it to say that what we all learned in the public school system on this subject is basically all wrong. So whatever I try to explain about it, is only my incomplete understanding of what others have presented. I'm not sure where I read that the field strength is greater at the edges than in the center of the face of a magnet and may be in error? I've seen several drawings by John Bedini, Ed Leedskalnin, Howard Johnson, Robert Haralick, and Ken Wheeler that attempt to depict and describe the "magnetic field". One thing in common in all these is that a double vortex of the aether is involved at the poles and the bloch wall.

Aaron/Gary
    Another question that came to mind; I guess the double firing would be a welcome phenomenon, getting two for the price of one. Or is this a misunderstanding of what’s happening? In other words, will the voltage peaks be half as high as well for example?
    My SSG tends to charge the secondary battery faster (in radiant mode) when it is double pulsing. The voltage peaks are about the same on my machine whether it is double pulsing or single pulsing. If I switch it to "generator" (common ground) mode, however, it charges fastest while single pulsing. But keep in mind that the voltage spikes will be limited by the total impedance of the charge battery and associated wiring.

Multiple pulsing is caused by the trigger circuit turning the transistor on and off in response to varying levels of magnetic field strength in the core of the coil. Several things affect this including natural resonance, saturation of the core material, proximity of the permanent magnet, current flow in the coil power windings, mutual inductance, self inductance, output impedance, primary battery voltage, and the transistor current gain. Some of these are easily manipulated by changing the magnet to coil gap, the trigger resistance, and RPM of the wheel. The machine tends to self-servo in response to changing these variables.

Aaron / Gary,
    In the beginners manual, page 70 & 72 (see attachment 2) I read about the switching when the magnet is right above the coil, implying that the magnet field is strongest there. This in opposition to what I understand from Gary that it is strongest at the edges. Should I interpreted this as that the handbook talks about a simplified theoretical situation to understand the basics while Gary talks about the real/practical situation?
    Don't worry about where the field is the strongest on the magnet face. The book is basically correct in it's explanation. I just know that mine pulses the charge battery just before the magnet reaches the edge of the metal core as shown by an automotive timing light.

Gary
    When you say that your machine double fires at 211RPM. Do you mean that by reving up to your machine’s max rpm, it passes a point at 211rpm where it temporary fires double, but at its max rpm it does singe shots? Or do you mean that your machine runs at max rpm at 211rpm, so it always fires double, and you might have too high of a base resistance?
    I can get my machine to 375 RPM single pulsing in radiant mode with two 13 amp hr batteries while lighting 82 LEDs from two genny coils, but it doesn't charge very fast this way! (You can see this thread at http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=2041 ). I presently have it set up with three, 105 amp hr, 12 volt deep cycle batteries in a split the negative configuration. These batteries are too large for the machine and will not allow it to get above 220 rpm and into single pulsing. (My current setup can be seen here. http://www.energyscienceforum.com/showthread.php?t=4098

And in answer to your question about the direction of the arrows in the book, they show the correct direction for "electron current flow" (negative to positive) and not the standardized "positive particle flow" (positive to negative).
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 03-10-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: add link
    Gary Hammond,

Thanks Gary for you replies. Just wanted to let you know that my SG project is going a bit slower at the moment because of some other projects that needed some attention. Will pick it up again soon I hope, and continue our conversation.

Last thing I did on the SG this weekend was making an "unload" circuit for the batteries with an arduino (see pictures). So in combination with the SG machine I can do load/unload cycles to compare the amount of energy I can get into (& out) batteries with a regular charger in comparison with a SG machine. Contacted battery suppliers to ask for discharge info/characteristics, but they are not very forth coming with information, although i received some.
    This arduino also has the feature to measure the signals of my rpm sensor and give me an RPM/Frequency reading so that I can finaly start tuning my machine properly.

Best regards,
    Rodolphe

Arduino inside.jpg
    Arduino outside.jpg

Networking Architect Aaron Murakami's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What are the exact batteries you have?
    Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller