Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone: I am not replying anypost here, just wonder how i can order the Bedini beginner handbook. I click on the order now fill out my location which is in canada name mastercard number expiry date and everything else correct but it still reject me over and over again until i give up. Please help me out here greatly appreciated because i am very dump on electronic stuff and hoping this book can shine my way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ttran View Post
      Hi everyone: I am not replying anypost here, just wonder how i can order the Bedini beginner handbook. I click on the order now fill out my location which is in canada name mastercard number expiry date and everything else correct but it still reject me over and over again until i give up. Please help me out here greatly appreciated because i am very dump on electronic stuff and hoping this book can shine my way.
      Hi Ttran, you can visit: Bedini SG - The Complete Beginner's Handbook and click the purchase button. Not sure why you're having troubles with your credit card. Please try again - if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll give you an alternative solution.
      Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Thank Murakami very much

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
          @All,
          First let me say that Peter and Aaron have my blessing on the beginners SG book as this explains everything that you must know about the SG. This book is something you must get if you are to build the correct working machine. All the circuits are approved by me and indorsed as being authentic in function. Peter and Aaron has done a wonderful job on this digital download.
          John Bedini
          Hi Mr. Bedini,
          I just bought and download the Bedini SG Complete Beginners Handbook, and am reading while waiting for magnet wire and magnets. So I don't waste any more time. Thank you.

I wish there was a paper back option instead of digital. Good books will become collector items. This one already is.

Ward

Comment

• Is the Bedini SG book still available because the links no longer work.?

Comment

• Originally posted by northerntrials View Post
              Is the Bedini SG book still available because the links no longer work.?
              Yes, the link works just fine for me.
              Aaron Murakami

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Richard Buckminster Fuller

Comment

• Aaron and Peter,

I just bought the combo, begginer + advanced, and read them front to cover. Thanks for the work done, i look foward to the release of advanced book.

Here are my doubts:

- Well, i plan to buy new bearings, but it is said to remove the grease and apply oil if the bearings are too old or too new (??). Will that make the new bearings even better???
                - It still not clear wich batteries i should use to get the best results in the first try. Could you please specify better the battery, as i plan to buy new ones also (i plan to buy a few of these and a conventional charger to make comparisons)?
                - In my country, a wire supplier sells wire in kilograms... I have already mailed them asking how much is that in meters, but i didn't get any answer so far. Do you have any idea how much does the 6 * 130ft 20 AWG weight?
                - What's the real difference between John methods of transistor matching to attaching it to a multimeter transistor beta testing? In a first look, i see none.

Comment

• Originally posted by higaredaJL View Post
                  Hello Every body!!
                  The last two monts I had been studing, experimenting and taking notes about my Bedini SG replication. I'm so excited and happy looking and testing how it works so well. On my particular view point, and I don't know why this thing happend, my device don't produce any heat in any one of it's electronic parts, even the neon bulbs never had been turn on, except when I desconect one baterry charge's cable. I think that my replication was done very good and I would like say that all of you. Thanks for the excellent job made in the Bedini Complete Begginers hand book. I actually bought the Intermediate Handbook and I did aply all of the great ideas that comes in it. Now only I hope can to buy a Cap discharge circuit from John Bedini as well somebody could tell me de correct way to order one of these.
                  Sorry for my bad english I hope you can understand that I am needing as well.
                  Thaks alot again and so long. Best regards. HigaredaJL
                  you can get one here:
                  http://www.teslagenx.com/research/tx-comp-lg.html?category=research
                  Tom
                  C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

• Hi Aaron,
                    Why do I get Bedini Sg2
                    I am a beginner, I need to get Bedini SG1 book
                    I sent you private massage
                    please let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by pontozero36 View Post
                      Aaron and Peter,

I just bought the combo, begginer + advanced, and read them front to cover. Thanks for the work done, i look foward to the release of advanced book.

Here are my doubts:

- Well, i plan to buy new bearings, but it is said to remove the grease and apply oil if the bearings are too old or too new (??). Will that make the new bearings even better???
                      - It still not clear wich batteries i should use to get the best results in the first try. Could you please specify better the battery, as i plan to buy new ones also (i plan to buy a few of these and a conventional charger to make comparisons)?
                      - In my country, a wire supplier sells wire in kilograms... I have already mailed them asking how much is that in meters, but i didn't get any answer so far. Do you have any idea how much does the 6 * 130ft 20 AWG weight?
                      - What's the real difference between John methods of transistor matching to attaching it to a multimeter transistor beta testing? In a first look, i see none.

Hi pontozero36,

- my two bicycle wheel SGs are running on ball-bearings with white-lithium based grease in them. They're running 24/7 since summer. For start ball-bearings should be ok. Be sure to be precise with magnets when putting them on and use a new wheel. I couldn't buy new steel one so I went with alu wheel. Balance the wheel as much as you can, it's really important. Balancing will reduce the shaking and vibration of the whole machine when reachin 200+ rpm.

- use 12V 7Ah batteries from UPSs for example they are quite common. 40+ Ah batteries takes ages to charge with 1 coil SSG. To charge 44Ah 1.5days at best for me or 70Ah 2+ days. I think that the single coil SG isn't able to push such big batts good enough to rejuvenate them fast. Therefore use smaller ones , I say up to 20Ah. Depends on condition of the battery. Use brand new batteries for initial data then use used-old ones and compare the charge-discharge data .

- 1kg is just enough for 7 strands power wire and a lot less for trigger wire, 500g should be enough.

- i didn't bother myself with transistor matching so far. You will make a lot of mistakes , I am sure. I burnt a couple of transistors because of stupid mistakes and showing of with neons . Matching is quite expensive, so save $$$ with first build , my advice.

- huh, which country you are from ?

- ah yes, I got tired with replacing batts on the input so right now I use one old computer power supply and on the other SG a 12V 1.5A wall adapter /w capacitor on the input.

edit : try to put a 500Ohm 1 or 2 W potentiometer across the trigger wire to tune the input(A) and RPM.

Good luck
                      Gabriel
                      Last edited by gabiX87; 01-05-2014, 08:30 AM.
                      my work here :
                      https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

• Thanks Gabriel,

- i've been searching since my last post and i found sealed Valve regulated batteries to be more common... But i remeber having read somewhere in the book that open batteries are better. Should i stick with the sealed ones? Should i get better results using 7Ah or should i use higher, like 18Ah?
                        - Transistor matching is not the problem, i'm willing to spend on this, and the electronics part of the SSG project are no difficult to me, so, i don't think i will burn all that lot of bpjts (although obvioulsy i might burn a few). It's the frame building and the mechanics that are the difficult part for me... I want to get the best results i can, because i want to do this project as a rigorous proof of concept, to post in my blog, so, no more "COP > 1 is impossible" comments any more, i want to shut the skeptics mouth up!
                        - I'm from brazil.

Thank you,
                        Hal Freeman

Comment

• - I use only open batteries->(top plastic cover, six rubber plugs), I can fill them with distilled water if needed and off-gasing is better (pressure build up is lower). AFAIK with sealed batts, once dry-out they are done. With open-batteries you can at least inspect the inside a bit from above and check the water level.
                          - I already answered the batt question from my point of view. Up to 20Ah I recommend, that's a guess. You can go higher but charge-time will be much longer.
                          my work here :
                          https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+...22301631177969

Comment

• Originally posted by gabiX87 View Post
                            - I use only open batteries->(top plastic cover, six rubber plugs), I can fill them with distilled water if needed and off-gasing is better (pressure build up is lower). AFAIK with sealed batts, once dry-out they are done. With open-batteries you can at least inspect the inside a bit from above and check the water level.
                            - I already answered the batt question from my point of view. Up to 20Ah I recommend, that's a guess. You can go higher but charge-time will be much longer.
                            Thanks Gabriel, i saw you said up to 20Ah, but i think you didn't understand my question, what i asked now is, to get better COP results, using specs by the beginner's book, will it be best to go up close to 20Ah or keep it low? Does the battery size influence the COP (bigger better) or does it have to do only with charge time?

Well, something i am concearned is that is very hot here, probably with the open ones i would get a continuos shortage of water because of spontaneus evaporation even when the battery is not being used. Besides, as i am going to buy new batts and use them primarily for the ssg testing, i don't think i would have the dry-out problem too soon, maybe they last one or two years, enough for the testing time, i think. Would it be so bad if i stick with those?

Comment

• Originally posted by pontozero36 View Post
                              Aaron and Peter,

Here are my doubts:

Hi Pontozero,

Looks like you already have some good responses here.

This is not required, but the absolute best in bearings you can possibly do is to have a Dicronite coating applied to all the inner surfaces. That is the closest to friction free you can get. That is probably overkill for an SG, but it is good to know about for anyone that wants to go all the way. Next best that I know of is to apply a vacclaisocryptene lubricating oil additive to the bearings - most commonly known as Champion QX. A friend of mine who is recently deceased owned a bearing company in California and did say that grease is not the way to go for good free-spinning bearings. If you use grease and it free spins good enough for an SG, you're probably fine. Personally, I just use good free-spinning roller bearings like what came with the SG kits and that works great.

If you search Google, there are a lot of wire weight calculators. You put in the diameter of the magnet wire and length and it will tell you how much it weighs.
                              Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Thanks Aaron,

I've been doing some research in the best batteries to buy to start my ssg project, i've been doing some activity in this thread:

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/sh...0&goto=newpost

But my point is, is it too bad to use sealed VRLA batteries just to test the ssg? Does that give low COP values or is the problem just about battery life?

Comment

Working...
                                X