Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

ONLY 150 118 90 39 SEATS AVAILABLE! - 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE

Monero XMR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedini back-emf motor generator US 6,392,370 B1 (motorgizer)

Just wanted to add a small amount of info about the rotor. the way it is setting in the picture is only because when the "effect" started I wanted to leave everything right where it was so I didn't "loose it" lol.

When I first had it running in the "push" configuration I had 3 magnets on the rotor also. The gap between the front (rotor side) of the cores was made slightly further apart then the back section. That was so I would have a gap for the rotor magnets. even with the small gap I broke magnets off the rotor many many times and honestly got tired of rebuilding the rotor.

The magnets are placed as close to 90 degrees apart as I could manage. I used a printout of a 360 degree compass placed on the rotor to get them as close as I could, and tested it with my oscope. The "shimmer" of the pulses on my Scope (where the traces overlap and shift due to small alignment differences) was quite small. So basically they are very close to exactly 90 degrees...Not sure I could get them any closer really.

Bradley,

Very nice work on this Moto Gen patent and the subsequent results are very interesting. Thanks for sharing your excitement.
    Yaro

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Alright, well I did something stupid and tried to clean up the wiring and now this effect is not happening. Wanted to make everything more clean so that when I made a video it could be easier to see what was hooked to what.

However I think I know why its not doing it right now and will be testing more to try and get the effect back.

Haveing said that I am going to do my best to describe what was happening. It had something to do with the collector of the 3055. What happened was I had an LED hooked to it to view the timing so when the coil pulsed so did the LED. The LED stopped blinking at one point at one point and I assumed I had burned it out so I took ONE lead off and left the negative side of the LED attatched to the 3055 collector. When I was poking around to find the source of the oscillations at one point i touched the positive lead of the led and it lit dimly and the pulse train lengthened! It was acting as some sort of antenna that was effecting the oscillations.

I proceeded to try different things and got some different effects. The most intriguing was if I hooked a capacitors negative terminal to the collector and touched the positive terminal with my finger the capacitor would charge! Along with that when I would do anything that made the pulse train longer the current draw would very slightly increase BUT the battery voltage would rise as if the load was smaller. all together from what I saw I believe there will be benifits to this oscillation happening, so I will be messing with this thing until I get the oscillations to return. They seemed "stable" as in if the hall was within a certain region they would show up and I could very things and they just changed instead of going away. At the present moment I cannot get them to show up and the pulse looks different but I am pretty sure I know whats causing it. So I wont have the video tonight but will be working towards getting things the way they need to be to cause this effect again and be able to test it.

Thanks for the support!

Figured out what it was. This effect is dependent on two things.

#1 the transistor. Not sure what exactly is different from the ones that work and the ones that don't. I know i noticed that the wave just didn't look like before. Even though the motor would run it just acted different. I tried 4-5 different 3055 transistors because the one I was using originally burned out. Once I got the wave looking somewhat like before I started figuring out the oscillations.

EDITTED; I had #2 incorrect. so it was deleted so as to not relay incorrect information

As before, the effects are weird. if I hook a wire from the diode I have attached to the collector and hold the other end in my hand I get more oscillations. If i touch the lead to the + terminal of a battery (negative not hooked to anything) more oscillations. If I do not touch the metal wire and only wrap my hand around the insulated part more oscillations. So it is definately linked to some capacitive effect with the collector of the 3055.

Sorry if none of this makes sense I have been messing with it for hours and my brain is running on E.
    Last edited by Bradley Malone; 03-25-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Malone View Post
    Here is the best shots I could get at the moment. I am going to be cleaning up my bench today and getting a few 7Ah batteries ready for a good test run. And will hopefully have time to make a video tonight going over everything I have tested. The one I already made I left to much out.

The oscillations are not caused by the magnets or the hall sensor. It has something to do with the circuit. When I touch certain things to certain spots I can increase or decrease these oscillations. As stated before I have no clue if it will be beneficial. However It does appear That more oscillations cause my analog current meter to go up very slightly BUT the battery voltage also rises as if the load isn't as much. So I will post everything I can think of and a video later today so That everyone can check this effect out. Attachment 6834Attachment 6835Attachment 6836
    Hi Bradley Malone,
    Great!! and thanks for the pics above.. just a small tip the gap between the pole piece and the magnet pole appear too much..ideally they must be the minimum (remember its a flux gate switching that is the crux here) rest is all just Great i must say!!
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Thanks Faraday. As I stated before I started out with tight tolerances but my building skills were not enough for it. One little bump and the magnets would hit the cores and go flying. So I decided to move to two magnets on the rotor and will be adding metal to the ends of the cores to "close" the gap as in the patent. I'll try to get a video up today.

Thanks Faraday. As I stated before I started out with tight tolerances but my building skills were not enough for it. One little bump and the magnets would hit the cores and go flying. So I decided to move to two magnets on the rotor and will be adding metal to the ends of the cores to "close" the gap as in the patent. I'll try to get a video up today.
    Hey Bradly,
    you have great building skills do'nt let your self down man!! asthetics(you must be like Newman) comes later but first the functional aspect of the machine..i worked on this patent years ago (2008-9 time frame) but never built it..strangely i'm kind of distracted from sticking with one thing at a time on this subject.
    But one thing that is for sure is that, i have grapsed much of the essence of the various intircate features of the embodiment involved!!
    If you study it carefully you will realise that the out Battery to the recovery diode(single) has to be present all the times for this embodiment of the Motor-Generator to function as per its design. The other circuit comprising of the FWBR is switchable between feeding back to the input battery or Charge a Capacitor that can be used to flash charge into another battery or Flash power a load like an other motor or Light bulb. From a typical application front, its a very high COP motor generator like, if you replace the hub motor in an electric bike that shall have a set two banks of batteries one out put as above and an input that powers the motor Generator in pulses and /or in alteration of charging the input/output batteries or powering itself to run the bike.. a variety of combinations are possible..
    more later..
    Rgds,
    Faraday88.
    Last edited by Faraday88; 03-25-2018 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar
    'Teaching can endure a quest for knowledge..but Learning solves an anomaly'

Quote Originally Posted by Faraday88 View Post
    strangely i'm kind of distracted from sticking with one thing at a time on this subject.
    Glad Im not the only one

It is extremly hard for me to stick to one project. That is why I quit posting so much. I would start one thing and as soon as I saw what I wanted to know about it I would move
    on to something else. I have an idea for a homopolar/faraday generator unlike anything I have seen and I am trying very hard to finish testing this before I shove it aside.

having said that I have done some test and again got very weird resulst. I was using this motorgizer to charge a secondary battery bewteen the positive of the cap and the run battery. the run battery stayed pretty solid but the charge battery would jump straight to 14 volts then slowly come down as it absorbed the charge. The weird thing was with the oscillations steady the charge battery would randomly jump back up in voltage. I figured the battery I am using on the charge side may not be a good battery and haven't gotten back to it yet. To much stuff going on in life right now to test as much or as thouroughly as I want to.

One more note on this.

The oscillations are definately, in part, due to it being in the "pull" mode. Here is why. When I look on the scope there is the drop to 12 volts (I have the display inverted so the positive input is down) aftter the input pulse to the coils turns off the oscillations begin. With or without the pulses there is then a reversed pulse that rides at about 14-15 volts and is normally about 1/3 the length of the on pulse. After playing around I realised, That pulse dies down to 0 at TDC. So when the magnet is Just starting to cause induction into the cores the coils are turned on for a small amount of time. When the coils are turned off the magnet is still approaching the cores causing this (reversed from the input) voltage. when I can get the oscillations to stay on for the entire wave they always end at the end of the reversed voltage. So they only oscillate during the time that the magnet is still approaching and still inducing a climbing voltage. Also the oscillations climb from one to the next untill they reach a maximum of about 160 volts then stay level until the induced voltage drops at tdc (well not TDC but the point where the induced voltage starts to return to 0).

EDIT: more to add

This is in essence what I was looking for when I decided to make it pull. when you push away the magnet the inductive collapse happens at the end of the pulse when the magnet is "away" when you pull the magnet from "away" and turn off the coil before it is at the cores the collapse has to happen while the magnets are still inducing a climbing voltage. in the coil that is the same polarity of the collapse. So I am begining to think the idea that it was an effect of the circuit is wrong and that those effects are caused by this effect. which is that an inductive collapse towards negative while being induced negative by the maget is an effect in its own. Such as the "snap back" of a compressed spring when the spring is being stretched at the same time that the snap back occurs. I have a lot of pondering to do on this one. I wanted to see any different effects in the pull configuration and I was definately given SOMETHING. whether it will be of benefit or not only time and testing will tell!
    Last edited by Bradley Malone; 03-26-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Hi Brad and Faraday88,

Glad Im not the only one

It is extremly hard for me to stick to one project. That is why I quit posting so much. I would start one thing and as soon as I saw what I wanted to know about it I would move
    on to something else. .............I am trying very hard to finish testing this before I shove it aside.
    I have this same problem.

I've got a shop full of projects, some partially completed and some just started. I've moved from the advanced SSG, to the three battery switch, to the attraction motor, to the flux gate generator, to the plasma ignition, to the beginnings of adding water vapor to run an engine. I still want to improve upon my attempts with the attraction motor powering a flux gate generator. And I want to build the "beyond the advanced SSG" with automatic four battery rotation. But I got distracted with adding plasma ignition and water vapor to my Bradly GT.

And, also like you said, life tends to get in the way. I've been teaching shop class to my 16 year old grandson, and my wife and I have been taking lots of little mini-vacations.
    Last edited by Gary Hammond; 03-26-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    Gary Hammond,