combine ICE with steam engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combine ICE with steam engine

The ICE have high work temperature. Somebody could to use ICE as heater for steam engine which produce electrical energy.
    Even weak ICE heat on few kW. The steam engine have an efficiency in the range of 1-10%.
    I think it possible bring out few kW if somebody use cooling system ICE as boiler of steam engine.
    It is litle reward but nothing cost.
    Sorry my english

any time you convert energy there is loss. to burn the gas to run an ice then using that heat energy in turn to make steam and then turn a turbine is a loss of energy in an exchange. oil fired steam engines are the closest thing to in internal combustion "steam engine" you will get.
    Tom C

experimental Kits, chargers and solar trackers

Comment

I had this idea back in my teens while setting on a John Deer Tractor plowing mile long rows of cotton......

the ICE is already boiling water that is just being wasted as the radiator cool's it off, all that is needed is the correct size Steam generator for that size ICE

The exhausts of the motor could run another boiler and add to the Steam genny.......

this is just using energy that is going to wast any way.....

if i could have bought a steam genny or built one, i would have done this back then.........

every big Diesel Cat Generator Set could possibly double it's Output if this technique was applied, and the funny thing is, this could have been done 100+ years ago..........

Comment

Originally posted by ildar15 View Post
        The ICE have high work temperature. Somebody could to use ICE as heater for steam engine which produce electrical energy.
        Even weak ICE heat on few kW. The steam engine have an efficiency in the range of 1-10%.
        I think it possible bring out few kW if somebody use cooling system ICE as boiler of steam engine.
        It is litle reward but nothing cost.
        Sorry my english
        There is a way to combine the two. All you need to do is to convert the ICE to run on mostly water. the technology is already there.
        Plasma ignition, HHO asa catalyst and water injection to replace most of the fuel. you end up with a cracking plant that converts the ICE to effectively be a steem engine.
        Eagle research has several good books with all the techniques to do this. Plus you can get a plasma ignition system for cars now online as well. works same way as water spark plug expeliments where the ignition system is modifyied to carry many amps. peter L was doing some experiments with water spark plug.
        the guys at eagle research also showed how the current ICE wastes about 90% of its fuel. you can actually run another engine entirely off the exhaust. Instead of giving us better gas milege the manufactures added a catalytic converter to burn all the excess gas up before going to atmoshpere. less than 10% of gas used actually runs the engine. the rest is used to put out the fire and then burned in the catalytic converter.

Since less than 10% of the fuel as actually used to run the engine. there is that much savings possible by just running the engine right. Use water to put out the fire and make steam instead. 100 MPG not a problem then.
        Requires quite a few changes however. you basically have to retune the engine and add devices to it.
        Last edited by vzon17; 11-28-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Its all done in the past, started some 80 years ago, please take a look at: https://sites.google.com/site/braxpe...erinfuelblends

--------------------------------------------------

At our place in Netherlands now here in Spain, we have here several different kind / type of Diesel-Engine's running meaning good, on these kind of so called Emulsified-Fuels.

Advise: 'google' on that Emulsified Fuels.

The biggest we have here is a: Mitsubishi, type S6, 5 liter, 6 cilinder, connected to a Generator for the working load, just watch: Full-Load 35Kw at 1500-Rpm,

This engine did run now far over 8000 loaded hours, at 6000 hours of work we did test, the:

Compression; OK,
          Injectors tested; OK,
          did take cilinder-head off: and boring also all OK

Meaning by OK, is far over manufactory wearing out spec's!!!

So just can try it yourself, by doubts take a small or old engine, 5 ltr container for simple pre-mixed.

The most easy recept for 25% Diesel fuel saving, is: 75% Diesel, 1% Lithium based liquid soap, 24% Clear non salty water.

----------------------------------------------------

Emulsified fuel up to 50% is possible, only take care is a different recept.

----------------------------------------------------

Re-use of the Heat, heat of radiator and exhaust, we did build also, working great with a secondary mover, direct connected to the Exhaust-Port passing in between with fluide connection a plasma chamber, with there before the injected generated steam, small bit of HHO and the right spark on the 2 non-resistor plugs, after that than to the heat-exchangers for the Steam production.

-----------------------------------------------------

Think why: GreenPeace Amsterdam or Madrid is not interested?!!!

Questions: Just ask!

Kind regards,
          Johan Oostrom

+34 971 883 020
          +34 636 144 714
          johan@oostrom-technics.com
          Oostrom Technics
          http://www.youtube.com/user/OostromTechnicsSL

Comment

The idea is quite practical and in fact has been in use for many years. One method is to have a secondary injector on a Diesel engine. Diesel burns at 1200*C and its heat is fully absorbed by the injected water. The other is a mixture of water, diesel and detergent without a secondary injector. I cannot tell you power such gives as Steam charts stop at 600*C 175 bar pressure. When I enquired as to 1200*C men in black visited and explained it confidential. Should you choose to do such adaption it helps if you ceramic sleeve the cylinders to stop pitting from occuring.

Comment

Post Script. For those not wishing to add a second injector. Mixing Diesel, detergent and Water. The diesel remains in suspension then seperates at cylinder temperature, resulting in diesel combustion flash heated Steam. This of course extinguishes all engine warranty. Our hill climb testing resulted in first gear changing to fourth gear.
              Last edited by DaS Energy; 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Working...
              X